Location and Uses
One late night, Lulu heard a strange sound in her room, and when she opened her eyes, saw the Gerudo Pirates entering her room. Despite her attempts to fight back, they were able to steal her eggs under guidance of the Skull Kid. Mikau tried to take back the eggs that were taken by the thieving women by going to their fortress. However, he failed and ultimately ended up floating half dead near the Great Bay Coast.
According to the professor in the Marine Research Lab, it takes about one to three days for the Zora eggs to hatch after they are laid. Since the eggs are extremely sensitive to changes in the temperature, the professor set aside an aquarium where the Zora Eggs would be placed until they were hatched. If they are not kept in the specially-made aquarium, the Zora Eggs may die, for the recent abnormal weather in the Great Bay region has caused the ocean temperature to significantly rise.
Link must infiltrate the Pirates' Fortress and recover four of the seven eggs that were stolen by the Gerudo. The three remaining eggs can be found in the murky waters of Pinnacle Rock, where many Deep Pythons guard the Zora Eggs in their caves. As Zora Link, the enormous serpents must be defeated before the eggs can be reached. Link can keep the Zora Eggs inside empty Bottles.
When the seven Zora Eggs are finally reunited inside the aquarium, they hatch and show Link the notes of the "New Wave Bossa Nova." This new melody must be played in front of Lulu in order for her to recover her voice. It will also awaken the guardian Giant Turtle of Great Bay, who will take Link to the Great Bay Temple.
- It is possible to sell a Zora Egg to the Curiosity Shop for 20 Rupees each. Selling any of the eggs makes it impossible for Link to learn the "New Wave Bossa Nova" during the current 3-day cycle.
- The occurrence of the eggs hatching and forming eighth notes within a song is likely a visual pun on the Japanese word, おたまじゃくし (Otamajakushi), which means "tadpole," but can also mean "musical note."
- When the Zora Eggs hatch when placed in the aquarium, they make the same sound when Mario transforms into Racoon Mario when collecting a Super Leaf in Super Mario Bros 3. Also, the sound when the baby Zoras spin their tails is the same. sound when Mario in his Raccoon form spins his tail in Super Mario Bros 3.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Œuf de Zora||Zora Egg|
|SpanishEU||Huevo Zora||Zora Egg|
|SpanishLA||Huevo zora (MM3D)||Zora egg|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 143
- "I heard a sound late at night, and when I opened my eyes, I saw strangers in my room. I tried to fight, but they were able to steal my precious eggs." — Lulu (Majora's Mask)
- "Zora eggs are very sensitive to changes in the temperature. the only way the eggs can hatch is if they're placed in this aquarium water, which I set aside for them long ago." — Professor (Majora's Mask)
- "But if they aren't kept in this aquarium until then...they may die. The reason for this is that the recent abnormal weather has caused the ocean temperature to rise in this region." — Professor (Majora's Mask)
- "Go find the other three eggs before those sea snakes eat them!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)