Zora's first appearance in the comic
After Link rescues Epheremelda from a gang of monsters who were chasing her, she takes him to Zora's Lake, where he encounters a Zola. Thinking it to be a monster, the young hero tries to fight it, but the Zola instead thanks Link for having saved Epheremelda, his fairy. The Zola explains that he thought he was Roam, the knight who, with the Master Sword, scarred his forehead. The creature then introduces itself as Zora, and he and Epheremelda tell Link the story about the ruler of the Dark World and the usurper of the Triforce, Ganon.. Zora then tells Link that one of the maidens is imprisoned in the Palace of Darkness nearby; however, he warns the young hero of the explosive materials, known as firecorn, that are kept in there. Link decides to go anyway, for he insists that he must rescue the maiden trapped in the crystal. Before leaving, Zora allows Link to take Epheremelda as a guide and grants him the Zora's Mask to disguise himself and not look so conspicuous as he is sneaking around the palace.
Later on in the comic, after Epheremelda indignantly leaves Link's side, the young hero becomes trapped in Misery Mire and is about to be eaten by Vitreous when a whirlpool appears and engulfs both Vitreous and the Wizzrobe. From beneath, Zora rises to rescue Link. When the young hero asks Zora how he arrived and who told him where he was, Zora explains that Epheremelda had requested that he go rescue Link and that he is able to warp anywhere due to the presence of water.
- "Uggh! You're an ugly little mannn...but you have my thanksss for helping my Epheremelda... I sssaw your sssword and thought you were the knight..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 4)
- "A dangerousss man who sswung the sssingular Massster Ssssword... Rommmu wasss his name... He's the one who ssscarred my forehead..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 4)
- "My name isss Zzzora... Mmmy people had lived in peace sssince water firssst fell upon the earth...until Ganon usssurped the Power of Gold and created the Dark World!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 5)
- "Yesss, and one is imprisoned in Crystal in the palace nearby...but you shouldn't go there! In legendsss that place is known as the Palace of Darkness... Ganon's servantss have ssstockpiled the dangerousss, explosssive firecorn there..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 5,6)
- "I've already seen what the firecorn can do, but no matter what... I must rescue the girl who is held there!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "If you mussst go, take my Epheremelda for your ggguide... Also, your gggrotesssque face isss too conssspicuousss... You musst wear Zzzora's Masssk!!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "I've had it!! All you ever talk about is Zelda this and Zelda that! You never worry about me! From now on, you're on your own!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 10)
- "Zora...how'd you get here? How'd you know?" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 16)
- "Ahhh... It isss sssimple for me to appear anywhere there isss water... Plusss, I cannot deny Epheremelda's requesst..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 16)