Zephos is the wise and kind God of Winds. He has roamed his home, Dragon Roost Island, for years watching over the wind and awaiting the arrival of the new Waker of the Winds. Zephos has a brother, Cyclos, who has been tormenting people with cyclones ever since his monument was destroyed. It is Zephos's monument in Dragon Roost Island that has the Wind's Requiem inscribed on it, allowing Link to learn the melody and take control of the direction of the wind.
|Zephos & Cyclos (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Zephos & Cyclos
|Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island|
Sibling deities who control the wind
Zephos and Cyclos are two light-hearted deities who teach Link the Wind's Requiem and the Ballad of the Gales.
Zephos's name derives from the Greek God of the Wind, Zephyrus (or simply Zephyr). Zephyr can also be used to refer to any small breeze or soft winds.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "A flying frog named Zephos (who is the god of winds) will appear and tell you a bit of his history, including the story of his wayward brother, Cyclos." (The Wind Waker Player's Guide (Nintendo Power) pg. 30)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 259(TWW)
- "The name's Zephos. I'm the god of winds." — Zephos (The Wind Waker)
- "So, you're the new Wind Waker, are you? Great, great. For a beginner, you've got a nice wind-sense about you. I like you, kid!" — Zephos (The Wind Waker)
- "You want an example of it being a bad thing, then you should see my brother. It saddens me to say that my brother, Cyclos, is miffed about his monument here being broken, and now he spends his time creating cyclones to torment people with." — Zephos (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 259