- Not to be confused with Link's Awakening.
|Number||Recovered Memory #17|
|Main Quest||"Captured Memories"|
|Previous Memory||Next Memory|
|"Despair"||"The Master Sword"|
Once Link has unlocked all twelve Recovered Memories from the pictures on the Sheikah Slate, he can return to Impa to learn the location of the final memory. Hopping down for her pillow, she reveals that Princess Zelda instructed her to wait to show Link the picture. She stands in front of the Final Picture, which is hanging on her wall, asks Link if it looks familiar, and states he should be able to get there in a half a day. She sends Link off, telling him to seek out the location.
The memory is unlocked in Ash Swamp, leading towards Fort Hateno. Several Guardian Stalkers, corrupted by Malice, are seen scouring the area. Link is visibly weakened, but he continues to protect Zelda despite her protests. He stumbles to his feet again, just as a Guardian Stalker finds and locks onto them.
With a shout, Zelda pushes Link out of its crosshairs and holds her hand up. A glowing light forms, and the symbol of the Triforce appears on the back of her hand. The light expands, deactivating all nearby Guardians. Looking at her hand, Zelda is in shock and wonders if that was her sealing power.
Behind Zelda, Link finally collapses. Zelda rushes to his side, shaking him and begging him to get up. He coughs as she holds him up, and she tells him he'll be fine. However, Link goes limp in her arms, and Zelda begins to cry. Suddenly, a noise can be heard from the Master Sword. Zelda hears a voice within the sword that tells her of a way to save Link.
Two Sheikah guards arrive, kneeling by the princess's side. Zelda commands them to take Link to the Shrine of Resurrection, stating if they aren't quick he will be lost forever. She tells them to go, reminding them that Link's life is in their hands.
- During the game, Garill can be found at Fort Hateno, where he recounts the events of this memory. However, he mistakenly attributes the Guardians' defeat to Link, when in reality Zelda was the one who defeated them.
- When the Master Sword speaks, Fi's theme can be heard playing as part of the background music.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Zelda's Awakening
Recovered Memory #17" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Then I suppose it's time. I will reveal the location of the final memory." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Zelda gave me specific instructions. She asks me to wait to show you this." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "This is the final picture. Does it look familiar? From this village, you should be able to get there in a half-day's time." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now go, child. Seek out what Lady Zelda has shown you." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link, save yourself! Go! I'll be fine! Don't worry about me! Run!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Was... Was that...? The power..." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "No, no... Link! Get up!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're going to be just fine..." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "The sword...? So he can... He can still be saved?" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Take Link to the Shrine of Resurrection. If you don't get him there immediately, we are going to lose him forever! Is that clear?!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "So make haste and go! His life is now in your hands!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Almost hard to believe they managed to hold back a whole horde of Guardians here. If not for Fort Hateno and the warrior, there'd be no such place as Hateno Village anymore." — Garill (Breath of the Wild)