Breath of the Wild
Yunobo is a young Goron who lives in Goron City in the Eldin Region. He is a descendant of the Goron Champion, Daruk. Being a descendant, he is able to use Daruk's Protection to defend himself from attacks. Yunobo helps as Bludo's assistant; when the Divine Beast Vah Rudania arrives, the pair cooperate in using the Cannons stationed around Death Mountain to drive away Vah Rudania. Using Daruk's Protection, Yunobo acts as the cannonball while Bludo operates the Cannons. However, despite their repeated efforts, Vah Rudania always returns.
When Link arrives to Goron City and meets with Bludo, he learns that Yunobo had left for the Abandoned North Mine to find painkillers for Bludo's hurting back, so they may again use the Cannons to drive away Vah Rudania. However, Yunobo has failed to return. When Link arrives there, he finds that Yunobo is trapped in the Mine's Vault by a rock slide. Link frees Yunobo by using one of the nearby Cannons to blast away the rocks. Yunobo at first thinks that Link is a monster and panics, but soon calms down and thanks the hero for rescuing him. He is surprised to learn that Link was able to operate Bludo's Cannons.
After Yunobo delivers Bludo his painkillers, he runs on ahead to the Bridge of Eldin to meet up with Bludo there. However, Bludo's back is still too sore and he is forced to cancel their plans. Link meets up with Yunobo to tell him the news, but finds that he is being attacked by a pair of Black Moblins. Link saves Yunobo again, who thanks him, but is discouraged about the cancellation. He is then surprised when Link tells him that he wants to board Vah Rudania. Although Yunobo is skeptic at first, he remembers that Link is able to operate the Cannons, and realizes they can work together to weaken Vah Rudania so Link can board it. Together they lower the Bridge of Eldin by working in tandem, with Yunobo acting as the cannonball while Link fires the Cannon. As they approach Death Mountain, Vah Rudania deploys Sentries to hinder their progress, which will cause Magma Bombs to rain should either one of them be caught. Link and Yunobo devise a plan to sneak by them, by having Link whistle whenever Yunobo should stop and go. Together they scale the mountain, using each of its Cannons to weaken Vah Rudania. After detonating the last Cannon, the Divine Beast falls into Death Mountain's crater. Yunobo encourages Link to board the Divine Beast, while he stays behind and waits at the crater's edge.
After Link defeats Fireblight Ganon and returns control of Vah Rudania to Daruk, the Goron Champion notices Yunobo staring at him below. Yunobo recognizes him as Daruk's spirit and begins waving at him.
When Link returns to Goron City, he meets Yunobo there who thanks him, saying that he feels a lot braver now. He then remembers that Bludo had something to show him, and leads the way to him. Bludo also thanks Link and comments that Yunobo is a lot more responsible now.
From there on, Yunobo can be found around Goron City or in his house. In the mornings, he walks to his "secret hideout", a small bridge overlooking the City.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Yunobo comes from the future, where Breath of the Wild takes place, and uses Daruk's Protection and saves Daruk from being defeated by Fireblight Ganon at the last minute. This helps get enough time for Link to go to Divine Beast Vah Rudania to defeat Fireblight Ganon.
Yunobo also helps Daruk control Vah Rudania to help the defensive lines against the Guardians by destroying the bridges and defeating their headquarters.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ユン坊 (Yun-bō)||坊 (Bō) is a hypocoristic honorific used for young boys.|
Yun-bō is a corruption of ユンボ (Yunbo).
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Goron Youth" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
Diamond in the Rough" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Yunobo is the grandchild of the Champion Daruk. He has an adult body but still has some growing up to do. He is easily frightened by monsters and isn't exactly what one might call brave, but, driven by thoughts of protecting his people, he gathers enough courage to aid Link in quelling the Divine Beast Vah Rudania. He is earnest and naive, readily believing nearly anything anyone tells him." (Creating a Champion pg. 122)
- "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Video Game)
Yunobo (Japanese version, voice)" — n.a., Kumiko Watanabe - IMDb, IMDb, published n.d., retrieved September 29, 2018.
- "The name's Yunobo. Everyone calls me... Yunobo." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "...What's gotten into you? Hylians sure are strange. Anyway, Yunobo is actually a descendant of the great Daruk. That's why that slacker can even use Daruk's Protection!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It occurs to me that YOU know how to use the cannons! Don't you, goro? Maybe we CAN get across after all... So let's just do what I do to help Boss sometimes. That means I'm gonna be the cannonball! And you'll launch me, goro! [...] I've got Daruk's Protection, goro! My ancestor's help can't possibly fail me!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "He uses it to protect himself when we fire him at Rudania. That's the only way we can chase that blasted beast away." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't tell ya how many times we've used the cannon to chase off that fiend." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "He went to grab some painkillers for my back from the Abandoned North Mine, but he hasn't come back yet..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I came to get some painkillers for Boss, but a magma bomb caused a rock slide, sealing the entrance, goro." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh? You used Boss's cannon?! That thing is so difficult to use. I thought only Boss could handle it!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks for savin' me, brother! I would've been in real trouble if you hadn't shown up when you did, goro. *sigh* Still no sign of Bludo, eh? [...] Huh? Not coming? But why, goro?! [...] After we went through all that trouble to get them...the painkillers didn't even end up working, goro. Well, if Boss can't help, there's nothin' else we can do. I suppose I'll just head back now..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "WHAT?! You're gonna try to board the Divine Beast? Who do you think you are...Lord Daruk? It's dangerous in there, goro! Though I guess if you weakened it first, it might be possible... But...why risk it?! [...] Hmm. Well, I don't really get it, but I'm sure you have your reasons, goro..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh... Yikes... A sentry is always a nuisance, no matter where it is or how many of them there are. If one finds you, Rudania will go nuts, which will cause Death Mountain to erupt, goro." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Maybe the best idea is for you to give me a signal to let me know when I should stop and when I can move forward. Let's hurry and decide what the signal will be, goro! Um, got any ideas? [...] A whistle? Ah, that's a great idea, goro! When I hear your whistle, I'll either stop in my tracks or start moving forward! I like it!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "That was so cool! You really put a licking on that thing, Link! It's time to finish the job! This is our big chance!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I dunno how to explain it, but somehow I feel a lot braver now, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! And I'm also happy to see Yunobo finally got his act together. I know that's your doing, as well." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Welcome to my secret hideout, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)