Wosu first appear in Parapa Palace, sprinting towards Link from either the left or right. Though these foes cannot jump or throw objects, they use their speed to ambush Link and a small blade-like weapon to inflict damage. Interestingly, the Wosu also saps Link's experience as it deals damage. Due to the fact that unlike many other enemies, Wosu can appear endlessly in a single location, Link cannot earn any experience by defeating these enemies. The Wosu is also one of the few enemies in The Adventure of Link that does not have a color variation or strength increase in any later incarnation; the enemy retains the same attack technique and life meter throughout the entire game.
Captain N: The Game Master
Wosu make a brief appearance in the "Quest for the Potion of Power" episode of Captain N: The Game Master. When Link, Princess Zelda, and Kevin arrive to the Parapa Palace, they are promptly greeted by three Wosu rushing over to attack them. However, before they even have a chance to inflict damage upon the heroes, Link easily zaps the monsters with his sword.
- In the original Famicom Disk System version of the game, Wosu do not steal experience. This was added for the international release on the NES.
- Wosu have a small drop of blood dripping from their blade, the first appearance of blood in the series. However, this drop of blood is actually a stray pixel left over from the graphical data used for the Wosu, as the legs are in fact those of an Iron Knuckle's. As such, the blood is really the bottom of the Iron Knuckle's shield
- Wosu represent the first appearance of wolves in The Legend of Zelda series.
- Enemy Keatons from The Minish Cap share similar characteristics to Wosu: both have a canine appearance, are fast, fairly weak, and steal from Link (be it Rupees or EXP).
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 213