Features and Overview
The Woodland Stable is a Stable that is situated along the border between Eldin Canyon, Hyrule Field and the Great Hyrule Forest. It sits along the road in northern Hyrule that paves between East Hyrule Castle and Eldin Canyon. Although technically part of Eldin Canyon, it is in close proximity to the woodlands of the Great Hyrule Forest, giving it its name. The Stable sits right beside Pico Pond, where the Mirro Shaz Shrine is located, making it a convenient Travel Gate to the Stable. The Woodland Stable contains every amenity characteristic to Stables, including Horse services, lodging, and a Cooking Pot for Cooking. Beside the Stable is a pen that keeps several White Goats, guarded by a Hylian Retriever. On the opposite side of the pen is a deck with several tables and Barrels. A Double Axe can be found resting against a stump nearby, and a Soldier's Broadsword can be found underneath a tree north of the Double Axe. A Soldier's Spear can be found laying against the rock wall leading toward the Shrine.
The Stable is run by Kish, who mans both its Horse services and lodging. A girl at the Horse pen named Breen will also assist Link with changing his Horse's Gear or Mane. As with all other Stables, Beedle can occasionally be found here selling his wares.
An elderly worker at the Stable named Ashe assists travelers with giving directions and explaining the local area. He will give directions to Eldin Canyon, Hyrule Field, and the Great Hyrule Forest as well as their features when spoken to.
The painter Pikango can be found here and directs Link to where the Recovered Memory "Subdued Ceremony" is located, at the Sacred Ground Ruins in front of Hyrule Castle to the southwest of the Stable.
A child named Shamae requests that Link attaches "balloons" to one of the Barrels in front of her so that they may fly into the sky, initiating the Side Quest "Balloon Flight". Shamae will give Link a Star Fragment as thanks for fulfilling her request.
A man named Molo seated at one of the deck's tables mentions that there are rumors of abandoned treasures and weapons to be found in Hyrule Castle, and hopes to plunder it for himself despite the dangers there. He also mentions that there is an Ancient Shrine located at its northern Docks, referring to the Saas Ko'sah Shrine.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森の馬宿 (Mori no Umayado)||Forest Stable|
|SpanishLA||Rancho del bosque||Woodland Ranch|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Woodland Stable" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "This here Woodland Stable borders the Eldin region and Hyrule Field. It's a central fixture for travelers. Also the Great Hyrule Forest, which is where the stable got its name, is right over yonder." — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you want me to tell you about the surrounding areas?" — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... This shows Hyrule Castle in the distance. They say there used to be a stage where knighting ceremonies were performed, just south of Hyrule Castle. It's in ruins now, but... I'm pretty certain that's what's in this picture." — Pikango (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, mister! Just once in my life, I want to see balloons float right up into the sky! If you'll help me realize my balloon dream, I'll give you a treasure I got from the sky as thanks!" — Shamae (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you! Now put some balloons onto a barrel and make it float up high!" — Shamae (Breath of the Wild)
- "Listen, if you wanna get anywhere in this life, you gotta cash and cachet. And the only way to do that in this day and age is to go to—stay with me here—Hyrule Castle. I know—it sounds crazy. But rumor has it that it's full of abandoned treasure and weapons! They're just sitting in there, free for the taking! Well...if you can get past all the bloodthirsty monsters, of course." — Molo (Breath of the Wild)
- "You're right! I can't let a smoking-hot rumor like this go to waste! I just gotta act on it, bud!" — Molo (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's docks on the north side of Hyrule Castle, see, and I hear you can get inside the castle from there. There's also an ancient shrine somewhere around there. Smells like treasure to me. Stinks like it, even!" — Molo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Rancho del bosque" — Map (Breath of the Wild)