Location and Uses
Oracle of Seasons
The Wooden Sword is the first weapon obtained in Oracle of Seasons. It is obtained inside the Hero's Cave on the Western Coast. In a Linked Game, Link already has the Wooden Sword from the start. It is used to open the Maku Tree Gate.
Oracle of Ages
In Twilight Princess, the Wooden Sword is received from Rusl as a present. Link uses it to learn basic fighting skills. He keeps the Wooden Sword until after rescuing Talo, where he gives the sword to Talo so he and Colin can get past them towhere Ilia is holding Epona. Later on, the children are captured by King Bulblin and the Wooden Sword is broken in the process. Wolf Link comes across the Wooden Sword when looking for the children and is able to pick up the Youths' Scent by smelling it.
- Main article: Hylian Sword
In Hyrule Warriors, a practice Wooden Sword is briefly seen in Link's possession during his introduction cutscene, but is not a usable weapon during actual gameplay. However, an 8-bit Wooden Sword from The Legend of Zelda appears as a special weapon in Link's Hylian Sword category, added to the game with the Version 1.2.0 update. It is statistically identical to the Magical Sword.
- The description for the Wooden Sword in the Wii version of Twilight Princess is slightly different from other console versions. It implies that Rusl repairs the Wooden Sword before returning it, whereas all other versions state that he simply honed it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Wooden Sword Badge from Hyrule Warriors
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 143 (OoS | OoA | TP)
- "You got the Wooden Sword! This truly is a sign of courage!" — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
- "You got the wooden sword! It was returned to you fully repaired. It's easy to use: just swing [Wii Remote]!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "You got the wooden sword! Rusl returned it after honing it for you. It's easy to use: just press [B]!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)