Retrieving Ilia's Memory
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Link can obtain three different Carver's Statues as rewards during the Lumberjack's Riddles. The first statue resembles a Cucco, obtained after solving the first riddle, where the answer is a Cucco. The second statue resembles Link himself, obtained after solving the fourth riddle. The third and last statue resembles Princess Zelda, obtained after completing the seventh riddle. The statues are placed inside Link's House once obtained.
The Carver's Statues can be carried and thrown around the house. If Link sprinkles Magic Powder on them, they will give different reactions. If Link sprinkles more powder on the Cucco statue, it will get the same colors as an ordinary Cucco or its Dark World counterpart. If Link does the same on his statue, it will get the same colors as Link or Bunny Link. The Princess Zelda statue will receive the same colors as Zelda or turn into an older version of herself if sprinkled again. These changes reset once Link leaves his house.
When Link speaks to Borville about his debt in Telma's Bar, he mentions he was going to sell the Wooden Statue, but it was stolen after he placed it outside to dry after it got covered in medicine. Following the Medicine Scent, Link is eventually led to Telma's cat, Louise, who confesses that although she did steal the statue, it was stolen from her by Stalhounds. Link must then defeat the Stalhounds situated south of the Castle Town to retrieve the statue.
Once Link shows the statue to Ilia, she recovers part of her memory and urges Link to save the person who gave her the statue. Just then, Gor Coron remembers that the statue used to belong to the Sheikah tribe, which leads Link to the Hidden Village.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||木彫りの像 (Kibori no zō)||Wood carved statue|
|French||Statuette en bois||Wooden little statue|
|Italian||Statua di legno|
|SpanishEU||Figurilla de Madera||Wooden Figurine|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 143 (ALttP | TP)
- "Look, lad, if I'd been able to sell the wooden statue the young lady had, I would've been able to get the money... But see, I accidentally spilled medicine all over that little carving, which made it stink awfully. I put it outside to dry...but then... Well, it was stolen" — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Link! Did you figure out the answer? Well? Where is it? Show me what's in your basket! What?! That's right! This time I'll give you the carver's statue I made. I'll send it to your house. Now, on to the next riddle!" — Q. Bumpkin (A Link to the Past)
- "You're looking for the wooden statue that Ilia had, aren't you, dear? Think it's a coincidence that I happen to know it got stolen from the doctor's place? No... Yes, I admit it...I took it. But then I was attacked by some sort of skeletal dog beasts who took it from me." — Louise (Twilight Princess)
- "I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And when that person set me free, they gave me this statue..." — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "I REMEMBER! I thought I had seen that before somewhere... That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago. They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)