- This article is about Wizzrobes who appear as Bosses. For the enemy, see Wizzrobe.
In Majora's Mask, Wizzrobes have a significantly different appearance as well as attack strategy. They resemble goblin-like old men who wear simple cloth and carry a fiery staff. One appears as the mini-boss of Snowhead Temple, and another one appears in the Stone Tower Temple. A Wizzrobe also appears as an enemy in the Secret Shrine.
Wizzrobes are encountered in rooms with pads across the room, which they teleport between before eventually stopping to dance and cast an attack. Link must attack it while it is dancing before it can cast its spell. This is easiest with the Bow, especially in later dungeons where the mini-boss emerges from a pad that is out of reach. After enough damage is dealt, it creates illusionary copies of itself that rush around the room. To defeat the Wizzrobe, Link must find the real one and attack it before it can strike back. As only the real Wizzrobe will attack Link, it can be found by searching for the dancing Wizzrobe. The real Wizzrobe also appears on the map. Tatl can also target the real one if Link is close enough.
The Wizzrobes that appear in Snowhead Temple and Secret Shrine cast ice magic, whereas the Wizzrobe in the Stone Tower Temple wields fire magic. The battle in the Stone Tower Temple also involves fiery rocks that fall from above. Link can use the Mirror Shield to reflect their spells. Defeating the Wizzrobe in Snowhead Temple rewards Link with the Fire Arrows, and defeating the one in Stone Tower Temple reveals a chest containing a Stray Fairy.
In Majora's Mask, their name was misspelled as Wizrobe. This was corrected in Majora's Mask 3D.
The Wind Waker
|Wizzrobe (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Habitat: Wind Temple|
These high-level mages use the magic of summoning to aid them in battle. They are the only Wizzrobes that can summon other Wizzrobes, which makes them formidable.
In the Wind Temple, a more powerful version wearing an orange cloak and an Incan-like crown appears as the temple's mini-boss. It has the power of summoning other Wizzrobes, as well as enemies such as Darknuts, Moblins and Morths.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 212 (TWW)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker — Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Prima Games) pg. 101
- "Wizzrobe (Boss) - Habitat: Wind Temple - Magic: Summons - These high-level mages use the magic of summoning to aid them in battle. They are the only Wizzrobes that can summon other Wizzrobes, which makes them formidable." — Wizzrobe (Boss) figurine (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh dear, Wizzrobe has captured Lady Alma." — Impa (The Wand of Gamelon)