|Location||Dueling Peaks Stable|
When Link asks Rensa at Dueling Peaks Stable about wild Horses for a second time, he will remark that there is no feeling like taming one. He asserts his authority on the matter, as he came in second place at the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition. Rensa notices the look that Link gives him, and therefore decides to challenge him to a "tame-off".
If Link agrees, Rensa explains that he must bring a wild Horse back to the Stable within the time limit. Link can bring back any Horse he finds, especially since the surrounding area is full of them. To beat Rensa's record, Link will need to retrieve the Horse within two minutes. He tells Link to prepare for taming, at which point both the Side Quest and the timer begins.[note 1]
The goal of the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition is to bring a Horse back to Rensa in under two minutes. Several groups of Horses can be found near the Stable, though if Link travels too far away, Rensa will call out and disqualify him. While participating in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, Link cannot Warp to any Travel Gates or the Travel Medallion.
Once Link manages to bring a Horse within the time limit, Rensa is shocked that his record was beaten so easily.[note 2] He admits that, while he won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, the only participants were himself and his brother. As a reward, Rensa gives Link a Purple Rupee. Rensa realizes that, since there is more Horse-taming competition out there than he thought, Hyrule Kingdom must not be as bad as he thought. When he finishes speaking, the Side Quest will be completed.
|1||Rensa, famous for taking second place at the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, has thrown down the gauntlet!|
His challenge: ride a wild horse to the stable within two minutes.
Wild horses are very wary of people, so this will be no mean feat.
|Complete||You rode a wild horse to the stable before time ran out!|
Rensa looks a little put out to have been dethroned in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||野生馬を浦まえて (Nouma o ura maete)|
|ChineseTR||捕捉野生馬匹 (Bǔzhuō yěshēng mǎpǐ)|
|Dutch||vang 'm vlug|
|FrenchEU||Concours de débourrage|
|Italian||Cattura un cavallo|
|Korean||야생마를 잡아라 (Yasaengmareul jabara)|
|Russian||«В погоне за лошадью» («V pogone za loshadʹyu»)|
|SpanishLA||El récord del domador|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- If a wild Horse is nearby when Link attempts to start the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition, he will not be able to participate. However, it is possible to summon Epona with the amiibo (Rune) Rune immediately upon starting, which counts as a win.
- If Link fails to make the time limit, Rensa will note that breaking two minutes is no easy task, and he encourages Link by telling him it took years of practice to win second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition.
- "Wild Horses
Dueling Peaks Stable" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "They're wild, so 'til you calm 'em, it's gonna be one crazy ride. But there's no feeling quite like taming a wild stallion!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Trust me—I took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
I saw that look you gave me!
..." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Fine! You don't believe me? Let's go, pal! You and me. Right here. Right now. You want to challenge the second-place Hyrule Horse Taming Competition winner to a tame-off?! YOU GOT IT, MISTER!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Uhh... OK.] That's the spirit! The only rule is that you must bring a wild horse back to this spot within the time limit!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "This area is chock full of wild horses. Any one of them will do!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "My record is two minutes flat, so you need to bring back a wild horse within that time." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "PREPARE FOR EXTREME TAMING!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, where are you going?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you go too far, then I can't record an accurate time. Could you try to stay at least somewhat near the stable?" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can't travel from here." — Sheikah Slate (Breath of the Wild)
- "Amazing! But...I can't believe you beat my two-minute record so easily..." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hahaha! Breaking the two-minute mark is pretty tough, right? But don't be discouraged. I mean, it took me years of practice to place second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I mean, I won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! To be fair, it was just my brother and I competing..." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, here's the purse for winning the second official Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! You earned it." — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I guess there's more competition out there than I knew about. Maybe Hyrule isn't all bad after all!" — Rensa (Breath of the Wild)