Location and Uses
The Whip can be found in the Ocean Temple in Spirit Tracks. Its main use is to swing from poles and for puzzles that require the transfer of certain Swords from one place to another. It can also be used to remove thorns from Trees that block Link's path as well as being able to hold on to flying propellers to travel to otherwise unreachable areas. When summoning Birds by playing the "Song of Birds", Link can use the Whip to latch on to the wooden bars they hold, which allows him to be carried by them.
The Whip can attack certain Chuchus that Link cannot attack with his Sword. It can also take the Shield and armor away from certain enemies. The Whip is required during the fight against Phytops, the Boss of the Ocean Temple, where it is used to pick up and throw thorns to damage the creature's weak point.
The Whip can be found in the Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword. A ball of light is found at the end of the Whip, which can attach to many things. It is also possible to hang on poles and certain branches with the Whip and swing in the air with it. It can also be used to attach to the hooked thorns of a Lily Pad to flip it over, to pull out-of-reach levers, and to uproot Peahats to later be used with the Clawshots. Rupees and Hearts can be grabbed with the Whip and pulled to Link. As a weapon, it can be used to defeat weaker enemies, stun larger ones, and to dismantle the Ancient Cistern's Boss, Koloktos. The Whip can be used to steal Monster Horns from Red Bokoblins. To use the Whip, the Wii Remote must be flicked.
- The design of the Whip from Spirit Tracks is a reference to the Rope Snake from Mother 3.
- In an early version of Skyward Sword, the Whip handle was adorned with a skull.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 142 (ST | SS)
- "Vous avez obtenu le fouet! Touchez l'écran pour le faire claquer!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Vous obtenez le fouet! Touchez une cible pour lui donner un coup sec!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Du hast die Peitsche erhalten! Berühre den Touchscreen, um mit ihr zuzuschlagen." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hai ottenuto la Frusta! Tocca per farla schioccare." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Has conseguido el látigo! ¡Toca algún lugar para hacerlo restallar!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Has conseguido el látigo! ¡Toca algún lugar para utilizarlo!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)