Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The Weird Egg is given to Link by Malon when he speaks to the her along the path to Hyrule Castle. Malon entrusts it to Link in order to wake her father, Talon, who fell asleep near the entrance to the Castle Courtyard. After receiving it, the Weird Egg will hatch the next time the sun rises, yielding a Cucco. When presented to Talon, the Cucco will crow and awaken him, prompting him to return home.
Hyrule Warriors Legends
In Hyrule Warriors Legends, Weird Eggs appear as Feast-type Food. They are imbued with the Light Element. When consumed by a Companion Fairy in the Dining Room of the My Fairy mode, Weird Eggs can increase the Fairy's Trust level and personality traits.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ふしぎなタマゴ (Fushigina Tamago) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 142 (OoT)
- "Are you going to the castle, fairy boy? Would you mind finding my dad? He must have fallen asleep somewhere around the castle. What a thing for an adult to do! Tee hee! Oh, yeah—if you'll look for him, I'll give this to you. I've been incubating this egg very carefully... Tee hee!" — Malon (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Look! A Cucco hatched from the egg you were incubating! It's the miracle of life!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "What in tarnation? Can't a person get a little shut-eye around here?" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "What?! Malon was looking for me? I'm gonna catch it from her now! I messed up bad, leaving Malon behind to wait for me! She's really gonna let me have it!" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 151