|Welcome to Zeldapedia, Zakitaro!|
|Welcome to Zeldapedia, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to contributing with you!
Pretty much something like that. I wasn't sure whether to make a talk page or use one that ended quite some time ago so I guess I just tried something else to see where it would go. By the way, if possible, would you tell me how to hide some of the messages on my user talk page? I don't really want to keep the one about my "edit warring" since it's kind of misleading.--Zakitaro (talk) 08:10, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, sure. Use these tags: <!-- hidden text here --> —Ceiling Master 23:33, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I am not exactly sure what I'm doing myself but I think I was originally trying to erase the text above. How exactly do I "use that tag" you showed me? Anyways though, how do I discuss this whole relationship thing?
- Please excuse my late response, but anyways, I still don't understand how to hide these messages. I might sound like a newbie for saying this (not exactly denying that) but I might be at a lost on this one. On a different topic though, I'm still wondering about the relationship thing.--Zakitaro (talk) 05:44, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm wondering whether if it's okay or not to write about Link's relationship with some of the characters.--Zakitaro (talk) 06:16, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Very well then. Still curious though, by using "tags" what exactly do you mean?--Zakitaro (talk) 05:27, May 28, 2015 (UTC)
- If you put this...
- ... in front of a line of text, and end the line of text with this...
I noticed in one of your recent edits you changed a couple of phrases like "did not" and "was not" to "didn't" and "wasn't". The MoS (Manual of Style) and the rules of the Wiki in general say that contractions are a no-no. Just to keep things looking professional and encyclopedic, could you refrain from doing that in the future? Thanks. —Ceiling Master 18:40, July 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I actually started doing that after seeing an admin do it. I guess that's the reason why said admin reverted the edit afterwards.--Zakitaro (talk) 02:59, July 14, 2015 (UTC
I'm going ahead and removing the "personality" section you added for Hylia -- the problem with it is it's 90% conjecture, as we never actually see Hylia and don't know much about her personality (which you noted in the section itself). I'd also like to note that in general, we don't really use a lot of...embellishing techniques, I guess? In general, we kind of write things factually, and you seem to be adding a lot of flourish to the writing (i.e. "one dark and fateful day" as opposed to "eventually", or something, and constantly referring to Hylia as "Her Grace"). Obviously, there's nothing wrong with your writing, and I don't mean to insult you or anything of the sort -- it's just, in general, we keep the writing kind of factual here, more like an article and less like a legend or story. A little bit of that stuff is definitely okay -- just try to remember that we're writing an encyclopedia. Also, I'm sorry if this comes off as insulting! If you have an issue with what I'm saying here, you could always create a forum to discuss it in more depth. I'm just letting you know my impression of how we do things as of now. ~Minish (talk) 14:46, July 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Not much of a problem to me. I was kinda trying to note how she supposedly "used Link's feelings towards Zelda" but didn't exactly know how to at the moment. Not entirely sure why you erased some of her biography though, since it is all things that Hylia did after all.--Zakitaro (talk) 01:11, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Can I ask what's going on with stuff like this? It seems like in most of your edits there's stuff that's misplaced and put in random places, like that paragraph stuck at the very top of the article; sometimes, there are completely unfinished sentences. Do you know what the issue could be? It's not that huge of a deal, but we do have to fix it every time it happens. ~Minish (talk) 15:50, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Not too sure about that myself. Probably will be a little more cautious.--Zakitaro (talk) 00:50, July 29, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I'm leaving this message on the page of every regular user that I can see that's edited in the last few days to make sure this forum gets circulated. It'd be great if you could hop over and add your input. Thanks! —Ceiling Master 00:40, June 17, 2016 (UTC)
I'm going to piggyback of Ceiling Master's header and promote this forum Forum:Hyrule Warrior's Canonicity. It'd be great if you can pop by and give an opinion or two. Oni Dark Link 04:13, June 25, 2016 (UTC)