Items in Breath of the Wild
Hey, Magicmason. Thanks for working on making articles for items that we're missing, but I should inform you that we've been getting ready to mass-create these articles with a minimum level of quality for a while now and we're just about to get started on making them all with data (such as details like flammability and buoyancy) that we've collected via spreadsheet. Given that, it wouldn't be fair to have you do all that work for it to be replaced by the work we will be doing, so I'm letting you know in advance. TriforceTony (talk) 22:59, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I was going through BotW wiki just to see if there was anything and i saw that a lot of the BotW items were gone. Is there any way i could help with the weapons? I play BotW a lot and can always check little things if you need it. Thanks for letting me know! — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 18:08, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
Thank You For the Fix Ups
- No problem! I'm just trying to make the information more readable. You can always read the Guidelines if you have any questions. — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 17:46, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
The Legend of Zelda: Living the life of luxury!
I had deliberately not capitalized the redirect from The Legend of Zelda: Living the life of luxury!, because that's the official title. See  for example. --SnorlaxMonster 10:01, 18 August 2020 (UTC)
- Oh my bad. I'll revert it, thanks for letting me know. :) — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 13:55, 18 August 2020 (UTC)
Hylia's Chosen Hero
Why did you undo my edit? Hylia's Chosen Hero is the only canon Link to be non-silent, and has a justification for having dialogue: he's not actually part of the Link incarnation cycle, just the namesake of the First Link (the one in SS). The Links are silent because they inherit the First Link's personality, but Hylia's Chosen Hero came before the First Link and has a different personality.
The only other Links to be non-silent are the cartoon, the CDI games and the TP Manga, all of which are non-canon. --Shin Minase (talk) 09:39, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hey Shin Minase, I was meaning to explain this more because I couldn't with the amount of space I have in the edit summary box, but I never got to it. Thanks for contacting me! So for your edits, I undid them because many Links do talk. In Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, Link gets dialogue options throughout both games that he can respond to people with. The Links never have voice acting, but you can speak. There are cutscenes in Twilight Princess where Link is shown speaking to another person explaining some event, although you can't actually hear the conversation. If you would like more examples I would be happy to bring up some more, and I can link to videos if you would like. Also, in your edits, you seemed to restate "This is the only Link that is non-silent" multiple times and it became redundant. Usually, you only need to state something once, so a sentence in trivia or at the start would've been enough. Thank you! — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 14:52, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- Many Links do talk, but he is the only one who is SHOWN talking, and without dialogue options, and the manga is canon (it's a manga, but in all other mangas except the TP one, which has been dismissed as non-canon, Link doesn't talk). And has a justification to do so (not being actually a Link, thus having a different personality from the one "inherited" between all other Links). Shin Minase (talk) 09:08, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- Well, the Links that talk would contradict your original point that "Hylia's Chosen Hero is the only canon Link to be non-silent," and on top of that, the Skyward Sword manga is non-canon. The Hylia's Chosen Hero page makes that a bit unclear, and that page needs to be cleaned up, but the character from the manga is non-canon. There is a big note on the top of the manga page if you disagree with me. — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 15:29, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
Addendum to the Age of Calamity Canonicity Discussion
I noticed that one of the loading screens following the end credits said this:
"Splintered Worlds: When Terrako- pursued by Ganon's Malice- arrived from the future, a new world was born."
Could this resolve the AoC canonicity issue to some degree? Given what happened in Ocarina of Time, it wouldn't entirely be out of the question for a timeline split to have occured. I acknowledge that there was an earlier discussion on the matter, but I think this might be worth considering nevertheless. --Pikipedian (talk) 05:31, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
- It is very close to referencing a timeline split, but it doesn't outright confirm it. A "new world" could be a entirely different timeline altogether, and Nintendo hasn't given us direct information to be able to determine that. I would like to consider this game canon and have a timeline split clearly outlined, but until Nintendo releases more information regarding the timeline, we won't be able to properly place it. For now, we've decided to leave it as non-canon. However, thanks for that line! That line at least gives us a definite reference to say that AoC isn't a prequel to Breath of the Wild (even though it's obvious, we would need a reference). — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 15:26, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
- Translations are done through the use of Data pages. Only specific users can edit these lists, but we can add you to this if you wish as long as you read over the Translation Guidelines. What languages are you fluent in? — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 19:31, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
- Cool, I'll add you to the list. Thanks for reaching out! You should now be able to edit the data pages to add in translations. — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 06:14, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
HWAoC Weapon Seals / Fusing
Hi, you fixed a mistake I made (I'm a bit inexperienced at this) with my userspace stuff. Thank you, and I see how it should be now. Perhaps I could ask for help/advice/review? I want to make templates and list pages to beef up the usability of the weapon seals and fusing. I don't want to go to the trouble if it's beyond the scope of this wiki, though. I'm planning on uploading images of every seal, and any weapons that don't have images already. Then I plan to make templates so you can easily transclude little info-boxes for seals (with image, name, and stats) and weapons (hidden seals, base attack, etc). Does this seem within the scope of this wiki? Thank you for any help! --Marcus erronius (talk) 23:06, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hey! Basically everything relating to Zelda is within the scope of our wiki! :P It's a bit hard to answer questions over talk pages, so why don't you join our Discord server where we can talk easier? (If you aren't able to join the Discord, that's totally fine and we can use these pages.) The infobox templates sound cool, and you are perfectly fine to experiment with those on your sandboxes, I was just moving it over for you. — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 01:21, 9 February 2021 (UTC)