- Main article: Ancient Battle
Long before the events of Skyward Sword, the earth cracked and evil forces rushed out of the fissure. These forces attacked the people of the earth, slaughtering them and destroying their land. They did this in search of the Triforce, the ultimate power capable of granting any wishes of its holder. This power, passed down by the Golden Goddesses, was guarded by Hylia, the goddess of the land. Hylia gathered the Triforce and the remaining survivors onto a piece of earth and sent it skyward beyond the clouds. This piece of land came to be known as Skyloft. With the Humans safe, Hylia joined the land dwellers and fought the evil forces in a war of unmatched scale and ferocity. Hylia eventually sealed the evil forces away, restoring peace to the Surface. However, the Humans remained in Skyloft, as Hylia knew that the seal on the evil would not hold forever. Hylia knew that she would be powerless to stop the forces for a second time, so she required the use of the Triforce to defeat them again. However, a goddess cannot use the Triforce, so Hylia gave up her immortality and was reincarnated as a mortal Hylian.
The Wing Ceremony
In present-day Skyloft, a small civilization has been formed where most memories and records of the Surface have been forgotten and lost. The people of Skyloft know next to nothing about the land beneath the Cloud Barrier. A young man named Link is having a strange dream depicting a gigantic dark beast and a mysterious person. He is awoken by a Loftwing owned by his childhood friend, Zelda. The Loftwing gives him a letter from Zelda asking him to meet with her at the Statue of the Goddess in preparation for the annual Wing Ceremony scheduled to take place that day. Link arrives at the Statue of the Goddess to find that his Crimson Loftwing has gone missing and begins to search for it. After overhearing Groose, Cawlin, and Strich, Link discovers that they're responsible for his Loftwing's disappearance, and that they hid his bird deep in the Waterfall Cave. Link takes a Practice Sword from the Sparring Hall and enters the Waterfall Cave. On the other end of it, he meets up with Zelda, who came to assist him in finding his Loftwing. They start to continue down the path, but Zelda hears a strange voice calling out to her, but quickly assures Link that nothing is wrong. The two find the Loftwing and free him. Zelda then asks Link if he heard the voice she had heard earlier, and says that she feels as if someone is calling out to her. She proceeds to tell him about the possibility of land beneath the clouds called the Surface, said to be far more vast than Skyloft. She quickly brushes it off, and the two fly to the Wing Ceremony together.
With all of the participants ready, the Wing Ceremony begins. Despite Groose and his lackeys' efforts to prevent him from winning, Link succeeds in grabbing the Bird Statuette from the talons of another Loftwing, making him the victor. Link and Zelda proceed to the Statue of the Goddess to complete the ceremony, where Zelda bestows the blessings of the goddess upon Link and gives him the Sailcloth. To conclude the ceremony, Link must jump off the Statue of the Goddess and land safely using the Sailcloth. Zelda pushes him off instead, and he manages to land in the center. Zelda praises him and proposes that the two fly around the clouds together in celebration. However, as they are flying, a mysterious black tornado suddenly appears and rips Zelda from her Loftwing, causing her to fall beneath the Cloud Barrier. Link tries to rescue her but is knocked unconscious by the tornado in the process.
Link's Loftwing takes him back to Skyloft. That night, Link has a dream depicting Zelda falling into the jaws of the same beast from his earlier dream. After waking up back in the Knight Academy, he explains the events that transpired to Zelda's father, Gaepora. Although Gaepora tells him to rest, Link soon hears the voice of the mysterious spirit once more and leaves his room, following the spirit to the Statue of the Goddess. A doorway opens, revealing the Chamber of the Sword. Inside, Link finds a Sword in a pedestal. The figure appears from the sword and introduces herself as Fi. Fi tells him that he must take the Goddess Sword from the pedestal and embark on his journey as the chosen hero of Hylia. Although he is apprehensive at first, Fi tells him that Zelda is still alive, and Link draws the blade. The two are joined moments after by Gaepora, who explains his hidden knowledge of a prophecy that foretold what is taking place before him. Gaepora tells Link that to reach the Surface and rescue Zelda, he must pierce the Cloud Barrier, something nobody has ever done before. Fi remedies the situation by given them the Emerald Tablet, which opens a passage through the Cloud Barrier to the Surface.
Searching for Zelda
The next day, after receiving his green Knight's Uniform as the only graduating member of his class, Link makes preparations and heads to the Surface to find Zelda. As he descends, he arrives at the Sealed Grounds. He notices a dark aura emanating from the center of a large pit. Upon witnessing this, he has yet another vision of the large beast. He descends into the pit and approaches the stone, and hears a voice telling him to strike it with a Skyward Strike. Link does so, and the sinister aura disappears. Afterward, he heads to the Sealed Temple at the top of the large crater. Inside, a mysterious old woman gives him a hint about Zelda's whereabouts, urging him to venture into the nearby Faron Woods to find her. Link ventures into Faron Woods to search for Zelda and shortly thereafter meets Gorko the Goron after saving him from a group of Red Bokoblins, showing him a Bird Statue in return. Continuing his search, he discovers Machi the Kikwi and rescues them from even more Red Bokoblins. Machi tells him that they ran into Zelda, and that she hid with Bucha, the elder. After rescuing the other Kikwi, Bucha directs Link towards the Deep Woods in the direction that Zelda went. Bucha also gives him the Slingshot to aid him later. He meets up with Gorko who tells him about the Goddess Cubes scattered across the Surface. Link then enters the Skyview Temple after Fi senses Zelda's aura inside. Link ventures through the Skyview Temple and obtains the Beetle along the way, eventually arriving at the doorway to the Skyview Spring where Zelda is said to be. Before he can enter, a strange figure appears in front of him. He explains to Link that he is responsible for the tornado that brought Zelda to the Surface. He tells Link that Zelda is just beyond the door to the Skyview Spring He then introduces himself as Ghirahim Ghirahim tells him that he and his forces nearly captured Zelda before a Servant of the Goddess helped her escape. Ghirahim then prepares to fight Link, threatening to beat him within an inch of his life. Link defeats him, but Ghirahim realizes that Zelda's presence faded from the area and leaves, threatening to kill Link if he interferes with him again. Link enters the Skyview Spring, and Fi translates words that Hylia left for him, indicating that Zelda must purify her body at two different springs. Link then receives the Ruby Tablet from the Statue of the Goddess in the Skyview Spring, giving him passage to the Eldin Volcano.
Link returns to Skyloft and places the Ruby Tablet alongside the Emerald Tablet inside the Chamber of the Sword. With a new entrance to the Surface accessible, Link travels to the Eldin Volcano, where he continues his journey to find Zelda. Link meets a pair of Mogma who state they saw someone run past them, so they direct him in the direction they went. After continuing through the Eldin Volcano, he meets Tyto who explains how a group of Red Bokoblins took over his territory. Link defeats the Red Bokoblins and Tyto gives him the Digging Mitts in return. Link is eventually confronted by a mysterious person, who states that Zelda is close ahead. Link eventually reaches the Earth Temple at the top of the Eldin Volcano and finds it locked. Cobal the Mogma mentions a girl similar to Zelda got taken into the Earth Temple. Link searches and finds the five Pieces of the Key and enters the Earth Temple after Zelda. Link makes his way through the Earth Temple, obtaining the Bomb Bag along the way. He enters the room just before the Earth Spring and discovers a chain on the ground emanating Zelda's aura. Link rushes ahead searching for Zelda, but Ghirahim appears once again. He tells Link that his troops had captured Zelda so he rushed over to the Earth Temple, but when he got there someone had already rescued Zelda from the chain. In his frustration, Ghirahim turns a boulder into Scaldera and makes it attack Link. Link triumphs against Scaldera and proceeds to the Earth Spring. There, Zelda is seen with the mysterious woman from earlier in front of a golden portal. The woman prevents her and Link from reuniting, and Zelda sadly tells Link that she has to leave and apologizes to him before entering the portal. Link tries to follow her, but the woman stops him. She chastises Link for his failure to arrive in a timely fashion, and follows Zelda through the portal, which disappears in a flash of light. Link is left hurt and frustrated, and Fi translates another message from Hylia, revealing that Zelda is headed to Lanayru Desert. Link is then given the Amber Tablet which will open an entrance to Lanayru Desert.
Link returns to Skyloft and places the Amber Tablet inside the Chamber of the Sword, creating another entrance to the Surface. Link sets out for Lanayru Desert. Link arrives at the Lanayru Mine near the eastern corner of Lanayru Desert. While traveling through the Lanayru Mine, Link comes across a Timeshift Stone that when hit, reverts the immediate area to its past state. Doing so revives the Ancient Robots which worked in the Lanayru Mine. Link eventually leaves the Lanayru Mine and enters Lanayru Desert. While exploring Lanayru Desert, Link discovers an Ancient Robot trapped in a cage by a pair of Technoblins. Link frees the Ancient Robot and in return, the Ancient Robot upgrades his Beetle to the Hook Beetle. After making his way through Lanayru Desert, Link finds the Temple of Time. However, the entrance is blocked by a large pile of rubble. Gorko nearby explains to Link that Zelda and Impa entered the Temple of Time just before an explosion covered the entrance. A nearby Ancient Robot explains that a second entrance can be found in the Lanayru Mining Facility in the center of Lanayru Desert. Link turns on the Power Generator which brings the Lanayru Mining Facility out of the Sinksand, allowing Link to venture inside. Obtaining the Gust Bellows along the way, Link eventually reaches the inside of the Temple of Time. Zelda and Impa stand at the Gate of Time, but just before Link can join them, Ghirahim breaks through the rubble blocking the entrance to the Temple of Time. Ghirahim casts a barrier in front of Link, preventing him from reaching Zelda. Ghirahim proceeds to engage in battle with Impa. In the midst of the frenetic action, Zelda gives Link the Goddess's Harp. As Ghirahim's magic barrier dissipates, Link intervenes in the battle and saves Impa, allowing her and Zelda to escape through the Gate of Time. On their way through, Impa instructs Link to return to the Sealed Grounds and then destroys the Gate of Time to prevent Ghirahim from following them. After vowing to kill Link the next time they meet, Ghirahim leaves the scene.
As Link descends to the Sealed Grounds, Groose intercepts him in midair and both fall to the Surface. As Groose is shocked with what he sees around him, Link explains the situation, calming the former. Groose's old attitude quickly returns and he tells Link to head back to Skyloft, hoping to find and rescue Zelda himself. However, the old woman at the Sealed Temple tells Groose that he will not be the one to save Zelda, and he leaves the Sealed Temple in anger. The old woman reveals that Zelda's bodyguard's name is Impa. The old woman then teaches Link the "Ballad of the Goddess". As he plays it on the Goddess's Harp, a large structure appears behind him and is revealed to be a second Gate of Time. Before the old woman can finish explaining, a beast known as The Imprisoned responds to the appearance of the Gate of Time and breaks free of its seal. Outside, Groose becomes scared from the sudden shaking. Although it is too powerful for Link to destroy, he succeeds in sealing The Imprisoned back into its pit with a Skyward Strike. The old woman states that she is impressed that Link was able to confine The Imprisoned again, although The Imprisoned will likely escape its bonds once again soon. The old woman and Link return to the Gate of Time where the old woman explains to Link that he cannot activate the second Gate of Time until the Goddess Sword is more powerful. She tells Link to seek out the three Sacred Flames of the Golden Goddesses for this purpose. The old woman directs Link to Skyloft where someone holds the knowledge of the lyrics to the Ballad of the Goddess, which has clues hidden of where to find the three Sacred Flames. Groose returns with a feeling of uselessness and laments that he is unable to save Zelda. However, the old woman states that he will find his part to play in Hylia's plans.
The Sacred Flames
Link returns to Skyloft to find clues to the whereabouts of the three Sacred Flames. He is eventually brought to Gaepora who knows the lyrics to the "Ballad of the Goddess". Using the Gust Bellows, Link rotates one windmill in Skyloft to make it face the Light Tower like the Ballad of the Goddess suggests, but the second windmill is missing the Propeller used to turn the windmill. Jakamar nearby mentions that Gondo at the Bazaar said that he has a flying robot that can carry objects back from the Surface. Link asks Gondo about the flying robot to see if he can use if to retrieve the Propeller but finds that the robot, named LD-301S Scrapper, has been broken for a long time. Gondo mentions that he can fix LD-301S Scrapper with an Ancient Flower, however, he has no idea what an Ancient Flower is. Link then gives him an Ancient Flower that he found at Lanayru Desert, much to Gondo's surprise. LD-301S Scrapper reawakens and thanks Gondo for fixing him. LD-301S Scrapper is reluctant to help Link at first, but upon seeing Fi, he agrees to help Link. Link eventually finds the Propeller near the Earth Temple on the Eldin Volcano. LD-301S Scrapper then carries the Propeller back to Jakamar. Jakamar then fixes the Propeller back onto the windmill. Link is then finally able to turn the windmill to face the Light Tower, causing the Light Tower to open upwards to reveal a new platform. Link needs to perform the "Ballad of the Goddess" on the Goddess's Harp by the shrine at the top of the structure, as written on a nearby Stone Tablet. In response, the Light Tower fires a beam into the large Thunderhead in the distance, creating an opening. Link is able to fly into the Thunderhead, where he discovers the Isle of Songs. Inside, Link strikes a Goddess Crest with a Skyward Strike which makes a Statue of the Goddess appear, simultaneously awakening a message from Hylia within Fi. The message states that to obtain the Sacred Flames, Link must complete three trials and receive three tools. Fi then teaches Link a Song known as "Farore's Courage".
With this new song, Link travels to Faron Woods and uses "Farore's Courage" to reveal the Trial Gate. Link thrusts the Goddess Sword into the Trial Gate and is taken to the Silent Realm, a parallel dimension created by Hylia for the chosen hero to prove himself. Link is tasked with filling his Spirit Vessel with the Tear of Farore while avoiding the Guardians. After Link manages to fill the Spirit Vessel, he receives the Water Dragon's Scale, allowing him to swim deeper in Water and perform a spin maneuver. Back in Faron Woods, he uses the Water Dragon's Scale to get inside the Great Tree through an underwater passage. Link climbs to the top where he meets the Kikwi hermit, Yerbal. Link asks him about the Sacred Flames to which he explains how Hylia left Farore's Flame in the care of the Water Dragon. Yerbal gives Link directions to her lair in Lake Floria, as well as the solution for opening the sealed door to Lake Floria. Link successfully opens the gate and enters Lake Floria. While traveling through the small river in Lake Floria, Link encounters a Parella, who is frightened at the sight of Link. Link trails after the Parella who demands Link to stop following her. To the Parella's surprise, Link persists and breaks through a wooden barrier blocking his path. The Parella notices that Link carries the Water Dragon's Scale and realizes that he is the chosen hero and gets the idea that Link can help the Water Dragon. The Parella explains that someone came in with a gang of monsters and attacked the Water Dragon. The attacker managed to wound the Water Dragon and that the Parella don't have what they need for the Water Dragon to heal completely, so she asks Link to talk with the Water Dragon. Link eventually reaches the Water Dragon's lair, and he finds Faron, the Water Dragon presiding over Faron Woods. Faron notices that Link carries the Water Dragon's Scale and realizes that Link must be Hylia's chosen hero, however, Faron isn't convinced. Link learns that the mysterious attacker was Ghirahim and now is healing in a Water Basin full of Sacred Water. Faron tells Link to bring her Sacred Water to heal her wounds, promising to reveal the path to Farore's Flame in return. Link returns to the Skyview Spring and bottles some Sacred Water. Link pours it into the Water Basin and Faron is revived. In return, Faron reveals that Farore's Flame lies within the Ancient Cistern, and tells Link that they will meet again. Link ventures through the Ancient Cistern obtaining the Whip along the way. Link eventually reaches the room before the Sacred Flame but is stopped by Ghirahim. He explains to Link that he is busy trying to revive the Demon King and he doesn't want Link to get in his way. Ghirahim animates the robotic monster Koloktos and leaves the room, leaving Link to battle Koloktos. Link takes down Koloktos and enters the next room where he finds Farore's Flame. Fi tempers the Goddess Sword with the Sacred Flame, transforming it into the Goddess Longsword. Fi tells Link that he can now learn a new song and that they should return to the Isle of Songs.
Link returns to the Isle of Songs and receives a new message from Hylia. Link is then taught a new song, "Nayru's Wisdom". Link then heads for Lanayru Desert to search for another Trial Gate. Link locates the Trial Gate and enters a new Sacred Realm, known as Nayru's Silent Realm. Link collects all of the Tear of Nayru and completes the trial, earning him the Clawshots. He uses the Clawshots to access the Lanayru Caves, where he meets Golo the Goron who says he is researching the ancient three Dragons of the Surface. Link mentions that he is looking for a Sacred Flame and Golo gives him a key to access the Lanayru Sand Sea. Fi states that the next Sacred Flame is somewhere in the region and Link begins his search. At the edge of the harbor, Link strikes a Timeshift Stone in an old Boat, which revives the Ancient Robot, LD-301N Skipper. LD-301N Skipper explains that he once captained the Sandship tasked with protecting Nayru's Flame. LD-301N Skipper explains that he and his crew were attacked by monsters that were after Nayru's Flame. The monsters then used the Sandship's ability to turn invisible to hide away from LD-301N Skipper. Link tells LD-301N Skipper that he was searching for Nayru's Flame and LD-301N Skipper offers for Link to help him search for the Sandship. Link agrees, and LD-301N Skipper mentions that before they can search for the Sandship, they need a proper Ancient Sea Chart, which they can find at Skipper's Retreat. Link climbs to the top of Skipper's Retreat and locates the Sea Chart within. With the Ancient Sea Chart in hand, Link and LD-301N Skipper set out for the Shipyard to search for clues relating to the Sandship's location. After traversing the Rickety Coaster and reaching the Construction Bay, Fi suggests that they dig through the built-up sand to find any clues. Link begins to blow away the sand but is attacked by a Moldarach who had built a nest in the unused Construction Bay. Fi explains that since the nest has been made by the Moldarach, it had probably destroyed any clues relating to the Sandship. Link returns to LD-301N Skipper and explains the situation, to which LD-301N Skipper states that the only other place that they can search for clues would be the Pirate Stronghold. Link enters the Pirate Stronghold and brings a Timeshift Orb to a pedestal that raises the outside of the Pirate Stronghold. Outside, Fi is able to gather enough information to allow Link to douse for the Sandship. Link tracks down the Sandship and reveals it from its invisibility, and he quickly climbs on board. Link ventures through the Sandship and defeats the pirate captain, LD-002G Scervo, and obtains the Bow. Link hits a Timeshift Stone which reverts the entire Sandship to a past state, allowing LD-301N Skipper to climb aboard. Link frees the crew and in return, they give him a Small Key so he can get to the Captain's Cabin as well as instructions on how to find Nayru's Flame. Link finds the Squid Carving and uses it to unlock the door to the Control Room where he can find Nayru's Flame. Link enters the room, but before he can find Nayru's Flame, large tentacles tear holes in the ship. Link hurries outside and battles the gargantuan monster Tentalus to stop it from tearing apart the Sandship. Link defeats Tentalus and finds Nayru's Flame, purifying and reforging the Goddess Longsword into the Goddess White Sword. With his Goddess White Sword now enhanced, Fi advises Link to return to the Isle of Songs and learn a new melody. LD-301N Skipper thanks Link for helping him get his Sandship back and explains that he and his crew were able to fix all the damage caused by Tentalus.
With only one Sacred Flame left, Link returns to the Isle of Songs and receives a message from Hylia and learns the song known as "Din's Power". Link returns to Eldin Volcano and enters the third Silent Realm, Din's Silent Realm. Link successfully collects all 15 Tear of Din and is given the Fireshield Earrings. Using the protective jewelry, Link heads to the Volcano Summit and Fi states that the final Sacred Flame is most likely in this region. Link eventually reaches a gate of Fire where he finds Gorko trying to get past the flames. Link pours Water on a nearby Frog statue which extinguishes the Fires, but then finds a larger statue that requires more Water than an Empty Bottle would be able to hold. Link returns to Faron and asks if he can borrow her Water Basin to carry enough Water, which she allows. Fi calls LD-301S Scrapper to carry the Water Basin and they return to the Eldin Volcano. LD-301S Scrapper descends to the entrance of Eldin Volcano instead of the Volcano Summit, and he refuses when Link asks him to return to the Sky so they can get to the Volcano Summit. Link is then forced to escort LD-301S Scrapper up to the Volcano Summit on foot. LD-301S Scrapper pours the Water and the Frog statue and the Fires are extinguished. Link then ventures through the Fire Sanctuary and meets Guld the Mogma, who gives him a clue to find a huge treasure. Link continues through the Fire Sanctuary and frees the Mogma, Silva, who gives him the Mogma Mitts in return. Link frees another Mogma, Bronzi, who in thanks gives Link the Dungeon Map. Link meets another Mogma, Plats who gives him a Piece of Heart in apology for thinking that Link was a monster. Link finally reaches Din's Flame, however, before he can access the Sacred Flame, he finds Ghirahim looking around the room. Ghirahim shows Link some ancient drawings and explains that he has found out about the existence of the second Gate of Time. Ghirahim asks Link to reveal its location and in return, he will spare his life, but he refuses. Although Ghirahim partially transforms his body to become more powerful, Link succeeds in besting him, incurring his wrath. Ghirahim leaves the Fire Sanctuary and Link obtains the final Din's Flame, improving the Goddess White Sword into the Master Sword.
With the evil-repelling sacred blade in hand, Link returns to the Sealed Grounds to open the Gate of Time. However, before Link can activate the Gate of Time, The Imprisoned breaks from its seal once again, reacting to the power of the Master Sword. Link manages to seal The Imprisoned away for a second time with help from Groose, who came out of his depression and built a Bomb-flinging catapult to deal with the monster. Finally, Link is able to activate the second Gate of Time. Link goes through the Gate of Time, arriving shortly after Hylia had sealed away the Demon King, Demise, and sent Skyloft heavenward with the surviving Humans and the Triforce. Link meets with Zelda, who explains the events of the war between Demise and Hylia. After she sealed away Demise, Hylia knew that her power would not bind him forever. With this in mind, she devised a plan to destroy Demise once and for all. Hylia first created Fi in order to aid her chosen hero. Second, Hylia knew that the Triforce could only be used by a mortal to destroy Demise, so she gave up her immortality and transferred her soul to the body of a mortal. The chosen hero became Link, and the reborn goddess became Zelda. She also reveals that The Imprisoned is Demise's weakened form, and thanks Link for repeatedly confining it in the Sealed Grounds. She blesses the Master Sword with the power of Hylia, causing it to take on its true form, the True Master Sword. Hylia knew that Link would charge headfirst into peril without hesitation if it meant saving Zelda, and Zelda apologizes to Link for using him (as Hylia) to bring about the ultimate destruction of Demise. Zelda then tells Link that as the reincarnation of Hylia, she must remain in a deep sleep for thousands of years to keep Demise imprisoned within his seal. She seals herself into a crystal and tells Link that he must find and use the Triforce to destroy Demise so that she will be able to wake up in their own time. After an emotional goodbye, Link returns to the present and sets out to find clues to the location of the Triforce. Groose decides to stay behind at the Sealed Grounds to help the old woman.
The Golden Power
Link returns to Skyloft where the Triforce is supposedly hidden, and asks Gaepora what he knows about it. However, Gaepora has little knowledge of the Triforce, and instead directs Link to Levias, the great Sky Spirit, who would most likely know the location of the Triforce. Gaepora instructs Link to talk to Instructor Owlan about the location of Levias, as he recently did reasearch on the subject. However, Instructor Owlan informs Link that Levias has been acting strange lately and suggests that he is possessed. Link insists that he must talk with Levias, so Owlan teaches him and his Loftwing the Spiral Charge manuever to try and free Levias. Owlan suggests that Link speaks to Pumm, the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin, as he makes an offering of his Pumpkin Soup to Levias on a yearly basis. Link offers to take the Pumpkin Soup to Levias in his stead, and brings it inside the Thunderhead. The Pumpkin Soup succeeds in luring in Levias, however, Levias is indeed possessed by a creature known as Bilocyte. Link battles and destroys Bilocyte, rescuing Levias and returning him to his senses. Levias correctly gusses that Link is the chosen hero and that he is seeking the Triforce. Levias explains that even he does not know where the Triforce lies, but he did have a clue given to him by Hylia. Levias intructs Link to seek out the three Dragons on the Surface who know of three separate parts to a song known as the "Song of the Hero", which will supposedly lead the way to the Triforce.
When Link descends to Faron Woods, a mysterious anomaly prevents him from going anywhere but the Sealed Grounds. Upon arrival, The Imprisoned breaks from its seal for a third time. Link teams up with Groose to seal The Imprisoned for a third time. Back in the Sealed Temple, Link explains that he must learn the full Song of the Hero to retrieve the Triforce, and the old woman explains that Link cannot enter Faron Woods because it is currently flooded with Water. To keep the Sealed Grounds safe from this flood, the old woman placed a seal on the gate to Faron Woods that will only hold as long as the gate is not opened. Groose decides to use his Groosenator to fling Link into the woods. Link lands in the flooded woods and investigates the inside of the Great Tree, where the Water supposedly emerged from. Inside, Faron appears to Link from the Water, where she informs him that she flooded Faron Woods in order to get rid of the monsters in the area. She offers him the challenge of collecting the notes to her part of the "Song of the Hero" in the form of Tadtones. Link completes the challenge and is taught Faron's part of the Song of the Hero before she decides to cause the flooding to recede, returning Faron Woods to its original state.
When Link descends to Eldin Volcano to visit the Eldin the Fire Dragon, a volcanic eruption throws him out of the sky, knocking him unconscious. As he comes to, he finds that the Red Bokoblins had set up a new base in the area and took the opportunity to badly injure Link and steal his Items. Link finds himself in a cell with no way out, until Plats the Mogma, whom he had met in the Fire Sanctuary, burrows in and reveals that he had stolen Link's Mogma Mitts back from the Red Bokoblins, allowing Link to burrow out of the cell and begin recovering his Items. However, without the Master Sword, Link is unable to fight the Red Bokoblins directly and must use stealth to evade them and find his Items. Link manages to recover his Master Sword in the Volcano Summit, where Fi explains that she noticed Eldin's aura emanating nearby. After some time, Link manages to recover all of his Items and finds Eldin, who is suprised to see a Human that can withstand the heat of the Volcano Summit. Unlike Faron, Eldin recognizes Link as Hylia's chosen hero and teaches him his part of the "Song of the Hero".
When Link descends to visit the Thunder Dragon, Lanayru, he finds Golo the Goron who asks him about his search for Sacred Flames. Golo tells Link that he discovered a narrow passageway that leads to a hidden area in Lanayru Desert. Link crawls through the small tunnel and ends up in Lanayru Gorge, where Lanayru supposedly lives. However, he finds nothing but a large skeleton, suggesting that Lanayru had somehow died. Link recovers a Small Key and finds a room with a Timeshift Stone in a Mine Cart, which, before it broke down, was about to be sent to Lanayru. Activating the Timeshift Stone, Link is able to proceed around and through the caves to reach Lanayru's skeleton, shifting time backwards to a point when he was still alive. Lanayru is shown to be very ill and on the verge of death. Lanayru realizes that Link is Hylia's chosen hero, and explains that he cannot teach Link his part of the Song of the Hero in this condition. The only way Lanayru could be cured would be to eat the fruit from the Life Tree. A Life Tree Seedling was planted in Lanayru Desert, but it is unable to flourish in the desert's harsh climate, so Link takes it to the Sealed Grounds. Link brings the Life Tree Seedling back through the Gate of Time to the Sealed Temple, where he plants it, allowing it to grow and sprout a Life Tree Fruit in present day's Sealed Temple. Taking the fruit, Link brings it to Lanayru and saves his life, allowing him to teach Link his part of the "Song of the Hero".
With the three parts of the "Song of the Hero", Link returns to Levias in the Thunderhead. Levias combines the three Dragons' parts with his own to teach Link the entirity of the "Song of the Hero". With the full song in hand, Link returns to Skyloft and uses the song to open the Trial Gate to the final Silent Realm, the Goddess's Silent Realm. Link collects all of the Sacred Tears and receives the Stone of Trials. Fi explains that a second Stone of Trials exists somewhere in Skyloft, and bringing the two together will reveal the path to the Triforce. Link identifies the Stone of Trials as the missing eye of a statue of a Bird and replaces the missing eye, revealing the Sky Keep. Link enters the mysterious Dungeon and eventually reaches a mark on the ground, where Fi instructs Link to offer his True Master Sword to it to reveal a piece of the Triforce. Link conquers the many trials in the Sky Keep, and finally he obtains the completed Triforce.
With the Triforce in hand, Link is transported to the top of the Statue of the Goddess and he makes his wish: the destruction of Demise. In response to his wish, the Triforce breaks the entire Isle of the Goddess breaks free from Skyloft and it plummets down to the Surface, returning to its original location at the Sealed Grounds, crushing and destroying The Imprisoned as it attempts to escape its confines once more. Fi concludes that since Demise has been destroyed, Zelda will awaken from her sleep. Descending from the Statue of the Goddess, Link rushes into the Sealed Temple to witness Zelda's awakening, along with Groose and the old woman. The group bears witness to Zelda's return from her long sleep, and she and Link are finally reunited.
The Final Showdown
The group has a heartfelt reunion, but out of nowhere, Ghirahim ambushes them. He abducts Princess Zelda and enters the Gate of Time, intending to use her to resurrect Demise in the distant past. Groose tries to stop him, but Ghirahim just insults him and swats him away with ease. Ghirahim escapes through the Gate of Time, taking Zelda with him. Regaining his strength from the ambush, Link pursues him to the past, finding Impa on the ground as he emerges from the Gate of Time. Impa explains that Ghirahim ambushed her and passed through the large doors at the front of the Sealed Temple with Zelda. Link heads out to the Sealed Grounds where Ghirahim is beginning the ritual to revive Demise, who is still sealed in the past. To prevent Link from stopping the ritual, Ghirahim has his troops assail Link in absurd numbers. Link in his anger destroys the horde quickly and reaches Ghirahim at the bottom of the spiral pit.
Ghirahim expresses his rage at Link for being too quick and throws Zelda into the air, preparing to fight Link. He raises Link and himself on a high platform and reveals his true form as Demise's Sword, a spirit comparable to Fi. Ghirahim states that he will kill Link in an ironic way: by driving him off a high cliff. However, Link does exactly that, driving Ghirahim to the edge of the platform and knocking him off before plunging his True Master Sword into his chest, hurting him greatly. Ghirahim's rage peaks as he summons different blades with which to battle. Link continues to strike the gemstone in the center of Ghirahim's chest, besting him much to Ghirahim's humiliation. However, Ghirahim reveals that the ritual he started continued while they battled. The Imprisoned rises from the pit in the Sealed Grounds, swallowing Zelda's soul and returning to his original form: Demise.
Ghirahim welcomes back his master before the latter silently raises his hand, using his power to draw his blade out from within Ghirahim. Ghirahim is then drawn into the blade, and Demise expresses his fascination with Link's courage. He remarks in disgust at Zelda and how Hylia was magnificent while immoratal, and he causes Zelda to fall from the air, but before she can hit the ground, Groose arrives from nowhere and catches her. Demise expresses his fasination of how Groose and Link would stand up to him, while Humans from the past would have ran at the sight of him. Groose tells Link that it will take some time for Demise to fully absorb Zelda's soul, giving Link a chance to save her by destroying him. Seeing Link defy his expectation of humankind by standing against him, Demise decides to give Link the chance to duel him in another realm for the fate of the world, creating a dark portal that he enters. Fi warns Link that he will not be able to go back if he enters the portal, unless he defeats Demise, and gives wishes him good luck. Link follows him through the portal and finds Demise against a backdrop of the sky. Demise speaks with Link before their battle begins, telling him of his intention to destroy him and take the Triforce to rule the world for eternity. Demise is bested by Link at swordplay, so Demise summons a thunderstorm to power his blade with Lightning. However, Link uses this to his advantage and does the same with the True Master Sword and uses electrified Skyward Strikes to match Demise's power. Finally, Demise is knocked down on his back, and Link leaps into the air, performing the Fatal Blow with the electified True Master Sword, plunging it through the Demon King's chest. Demise stumbles to his feet and watches as his sword, Ghirahim, as it disintegrates from his hand. Demise commends Link for his fight, but warns him that he is not finished. Demise casts a curse that his will renew his hatred time and time again. Demise's curse binds those who share the blood of the goddess and those with the spirit of the hero to his reincarnated hatred, making them all be reborn to fight again in a cycle without end. Demise slowly fades away until he is just a black cloud, when the True Master Sword glows a bright light. Link raises his blade and absorbs the remains of the Demon King into the True Master Sword.
Link opens his eyes to find that he is in the Sealed Temple, where Impa congratulates him. He turns around to find Zelda and Groose, where Zelda confirms that the battle has been won, and the three prepare to return to their own time. Before they leave, Fi appears and brings Link to a pedestal in the Sealed Temple. Fi explains that since Link has defeated Demise, he has fulfilled his role as the hero, and that Fi had also fulfulled her role as the hero's guide. Fi instructs Link to plunge the True Master Sword into the pedestal, where he will leave it and Fi to rest for eternity. Link does so, but just before she enters her endless sleep, Fi tells Link that while she is unable to feel true emotion, she feels something best equated to happiness due to her time spent with Link. Fi and Link part, and Link turns around to see Zelda and Impa having a similar conversation. Impa is unable to return with the group to the future, as she is a being of that past. Impa states that as a member of the Sheikah, she must watch over the True Master Sword to ensure that Demise does not reawaken, as well as the Gate of Time. She declares that she will also watch over theTriforce, and that it will eventually be secreted away from the knowledge of humankind to preserve the peace. Zelda gives Impa one of her bracelets and Impa promises Zelda that even though she will destroy the Gate of Time, they will meet again. Link, Zelda, and Groose all return to their own time, and the Gate of Time disappears, revealing that Impa destroyed it in the past. The old woman meets with them and she shows Zelda the bracelet that she had given to Impa in the past, revealing that the old woman was an elderly Impa all along. As the group realizes this, Impa vanishes in particles of light, her duty to Hylia finally fulfilled. As the group laments Impa's death, the large gate in the back of the Sealed Temple opens to reveal the True Master Sword, remaining in the pedestal where Link had left it in the past.
After the credits, it is shown that Gaepora, Cawlin, and Strich fly down through the Cloud Barrier to meet with Zelda, Link, and Groose. Groose returns to Skyloft with the others, bidding farewell to Link and Zelda, who are seen on the Statue of the Goddess. Zelda tells Link that she had always dreamt about the Surface and that she wants to remain there, and asks what Link's intentions are for the future. Link smiles at her, and both his and Zelda's Loftwings fly back into the sky, implying that Link chose to stay with Zelda.
- Main article: Interloper War
After the events of Skyward Sword, the Humans begin repopulating the Kingdom of Hyrule, and the descendants of Zelda became known as Hylians.[note 1] A long era of peace reamined on the land, and the Kingdom of Hyrule was later renamed to Kingdom of Hyrule. However, despite Zelda and Link's efforts to keep the Triforce a secret, it was discovered and word spread across Kingdom of Hyrule. Many people began to seek out the Triforce, causing an all-out war known as the Interloper War in the Era of Chaos. A powerful group of sorcerers known as the Dark Interlopers found where the Triforce was hidden in the Sacred Realm, and in order to keep the Triforce safe, the Golden Goddesses sent the Spirits of Light to banish them to the Twilight Realm. This will later cause the events of Twilight Princess.
- Main article: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Interloper War was calmed and the Triforce was sealed away in the Sacred Realm. Rauru the Sage built a new Temple of Time around the Master Sword, making the Master Sword the key to the only entrance to the Sacred Realm. Kingdom of Hyrule prosepered in the new Era of Prosperity and Hyrule Castle was built, leading into the events of The Minish Cap.
- "One dark, fateful day, the earth cracked wide and malevolent forces rushed forth from the fissure." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "They mounted a brutal assault upon the surface people, driving the land into deep despair... They burnt forests to ash, choked the land's sweet springs, and murdered without hesitation." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Handed down by the gods of old, this power gave its holder the means to make any desire a reality." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "They did all this in their lust to take the ultimate power protected by Her Grace, the goddess." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "To prevent this great power from falling into the hands of the evil swarming the lands... the goddess gathered the surviving humans on an outcropping of earth. She sent it skyward, beyond the reach of the demonic hordes. Beyond even the clouds." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "With the humans safe, the goddess joined forces with the land dwellers and fought the evil forces, sealing them away. At last, peace was restored to the surface." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 11
- "Hey, sleepyhead. I know how much you like to sleep in, so I'm guessing this letter will be your alarm clock this morning. Did I guess right? Rise and shine, Link! Today's the Wing Ceremony! You promised to meet me before it starts, remember? You'd better not keep me waiting." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "You'd better go on ahead and see if you can find where your bird has gone!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "You thought a big Crimson Loftwing like that was gonna go down without a fight? But we got him, and I don't care how tough those birds are supposed to be. He's not getting out of that pen anytime soon, boys." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "It sounds like Groose and his buddies had a plan to capture your bird and hide him near a waterfall." — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, Link, I was hoping I'd find you here. I heard you'd gone searching for your bird around the waterfall, so I thought I'd fly around and help you look." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Huh...? Who... Who's that? Who's calling for me?" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, sorry, Link. I got distracted for a moment. Let's go!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "But before you go, I have to ask you something. I...I heard this voice a few moments ago. Did you hear it too?" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "It's been happening a lot lately. It's the strangest feeling... Almost like someone is calling out to me." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Some of Father's old texts talk about a place called the surface. The old tales describe a whole world under there, far more vast than Skyloft!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, sorry, Link. We don't have time to talk! Let's get going. Look, your bird's waiting for you!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey! Don't you know this is my day to get all the glory?" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Yeah, you heard him! Let's see how you fly with egg on your face." — Cawlin (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Bird Statuette! It proves your victory today. Wait till Zelda sees this!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Great goddess, guiding light and protector of our people, grant us your blessing and mercy as I act in your stead during this ceremony. Valiant youth who grasped victory at the celebration of the bird folk... In accordance with the old ways... I now bestow the blessings of the goddess upon you. The blessings of the goddess drift down from the heavens aloft a sail, which I now pass on to you." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "You have to jump off the statue! Look down. See that big, round design on the courtyard below? To finish the ceremony, you need to drop down right into the center of it!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "That was perfect! You're amazing, Link! You know, Link, seeing as how you won today... And with the weather being so nice... You think maybe you'd like to, you know, go fly around the clouds together?" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 292
- "According to your social customs, I should provide you with my personal designation. Fi is the name I was given." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Come, Link. You must take up this sword. As the one chosen by my creator, it is your destiny." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The one you seek, honorable Zelda, is still alive." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The very knowledge of this room's existence is a secret passed down to a select few each generation, along with a handful of words... When the light of the goddess's sword shines bright, the great apocalypse will wake from its long slumber. Do not fear, for it is then that a youth, guided by my hand, shall reveal himself in a place most sacred." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "The youth will be guided by one born of the blade--one who is also youthful in likeness yet wise with knowledge immeasurable." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "This is no easy task, Link. The world below is a forsaken place, and to reach it you must pierce the cloud barrier below. In living memory, no one has ever done this." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "This tablet will illuminate a path through the clouds to the land below. Take it, and place it within the altar behind me." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "That green uniform is what our knights will be wearing this year. To be honest, I've had my doubts about the color. But oddly enough, seeing you wear this uniform, I can't imagine a more fitting color for you. It's as though you were born to wear it." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, we've arrived. This is the fabled surface that has long been part of Skyloft legend. By my calculations, you are currently positioned in a location known as the Sealed Grounds." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "...Young one... Child of destiny descended from the sky... Raise the sword of the goddess skyward... Take aim at the evil aura and unleash its power..." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "That girl has her own purpose she must pursue, as do you. She set out for Faron Woods to discover that destiny for herself, and you must follow." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Whew! Thanks for jumping in there to rescue me, bud!" — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- "That's weird, koo-woo. A little while ago I ran into another funny animal like you, but that one was a girl." — Machi (Skyward Sword)
- "A pack of those mean red guys were after here, kwee, but she escaped with the Kikwi elder." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "I think she headed down that way toward the temple, kwee...but be sure to take great care if you follow her. That area is crawling with monsters." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "If I remember right... Yup, this is one of the things the goddess was said to have left behind for the hero of legend. Pretty amazing, right? I even thought up a name for these things. I have been calling them Goddess Cubes!
Makes sense, right?" — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I have detected Zelda's aura emanating from this structure. However, I have also detected the presence of numerous monsters." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Look who it is... I thought that tornado I stirred up would have tossed and torn you apart, yet here you are. Not in pieces. Not that your life or death has any consequence." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "It's just the girl that matters now, and I can sense her here...just beyond this door. Yes, we plucked Her Majesty from her perch in the clouds, and now she's ours." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, but listen to me. I'm being positively uncivil. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Demon Lord who presides over this land you look down upon, this world you call the surface. You may call me Ghirahim. In truth, I very much prefer to be indulged with my full title: Lord Ghirahim. But I'm not fussy." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "By all rights the girl should have fallen into our hands already. She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "This turn of events has left me with a strong appetite for bloodshed. Still...it hardly seems fair, being of my position, to take all of my anger out on you. Which is why I promise up front not to murder you... No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "I fear I spent far too long teasing and toying with you. The girl's presence has all but faded from this place, which means there's no reason to linger here." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Good-bye, sky child. Run and play this time. Get in my way again, though, and you're dead." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, I have a message written in the language of the gods of old. Allow me to translate for you." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "From the edge of time I guide you, the one chosen to carry out the goddess's mission. The spirit maiden who descended from the clouds must travel to two sacred places to purify her body. You stand in one of these places: Skyview Spring. The other is known as the Earth Spring. This second spring is hidden away deep within the scorched earth of Eldin." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "My analysis suggests you should take the tablet to the altar in Skyloft. Doing so will likely open a new column of light on the surface, allowing you to descend to another area and continue your search for Zelda." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, this is Eldin Volcano. It is an active volcano rich with the power of the earth." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Huh? You're looking for a friend? NOT treasure? So that must have been your pal that passed by earlier, sprinting by without so much as a glance in this direction. It was sorta a blur of movement, so I didn't get a real good look, but I knew it wasn't one of those red creeps. Your pal must have gone straight up here, so why don't you follow?" — Cobal (Skyward Sword)
- "Grrr... Those creeps just shimmied on in and took over our territory." — Tyto (Skyward Sword)
- "You're one tough customer! Thanks for all your help! I don't blame you for not knowing this, but us Mogmas always honor our debts. Let me give you something to prove it. Any special requests? Oh, right. You're trying to find your friend, aren'tcha? In that case, take these things! They're something pretty special, if I say so myself." — Tyto (Skyward Sword)
- "Zelda is ahead... Hurry." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "They busted up the key to that door and hid the pieces all over the place. I'm telling you, one of the five pieces is buried right around here." — Ledd (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, that reminds me... That strange blonde girl in the weird clothes got taken away too." — Cobal (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, I detect Zelda's aura in the surrounding area. I detect an especially strong reaction from this chain. I calculate the probability Zelda was bound by it recently at 95%." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I heard my underlings had finally captured the spirit maiden, so of course I rushed over here. What can I say? I was excited. Flustered, even... But what did I find when I arrived? That agent of the goddess... She had once again... You see, what I'm trying to say is... That goddess-serving dog escaped with the girl! I MUST have the spirit maiden to resurrect my master! I MUST HAVE HER!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "There's someone special I'd like you to meet. Oh, don't be shy! I need to vent all this unhealthy anger, and your agony is such a great stress reliever. It won't take more than a few moments with my friend before you're charred to a satisfying crisp. And let me tell you, that will put a spring in my step!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "You cannot go to him, Your Grace. Remember what we discussed. Restrain yourself. Focus on the task at hand." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "I... I have to go. I'm sorry, Link." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "It took you far too long to get here. Looking at you, I fear the goddess is mistaken in her choice of agents. If this failure is any indication, you have no hope of defending Her Grace from those who seek to assail her." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "The truth of it is you were late. You were late, and you failed to protect her." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "From the edge of time I guide you, the one destined to carry out the goddess's mission. The spirit maiden who descended from the clouds has passed through the Earth Spring and makes her way to a fated place. The parched desert of Lanayru... That is where the chosen will pass through the Gate of Time into a distant world." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "If you transport this tablet back to the statue in Skyloft, a new column of light will appear that will allow you to travel to the Lanayru region." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I've confirmed the location of a third opening in the cloud barrier in the sky ot the southwest. It will allow you to reach a new area on the surface. I suggest going there as soon as you are sutiable prepared." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master Link. We have arrived at the Lanayru Mine." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I am able to confirm that a time shift has occured within this space. Any impact to the blue stones creates a sustained temporal disruption field in the surrounding area. Readings show that this area is in a past time state." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Where did you come from, dzzzzt? We're here collecting Timeshift Stones and transporting them to the Lanayru Mining Facility." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We have arrived at Lanayru Desert. The terrain in this area changed dramatically as climate forces rapidly turned it into a desert." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Thank you, zrrt! If you hadn't come along, they would have sucked all of the electricity out of me, vrrm! Oh... look at that, zrrpt... You have a Beetle. It appears to be an older model of Lanayru fabrication. As thanks for saving me, I will upgrade that for you, zwooop. Give it here for a second, phwing!" — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "This is a sacred place known as the Temple of Time. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a human who lives on the legendary Isle of the Goddess! It wore clothes just like the ones written about in the ancient manuscripts! And it looked just like you, bud! It came with another person...and they entered the temple! I wanted to chase after them... But then there was an explosion all of a sudden! And the entrance... Well, you can see for yourself, bud." — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- "If you want to reach the Gate of Time, you will need to pass through that door, bzzap. Huh? You need another way in, phoo-weep? Well, Lanayru Mining Facility and the Temple of Time are connected underground, dzzt." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Link! Link, here! You'll need this where you're going." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Link! You must go now.
Return to the old woman at the Sealed Grounds. Tell her what happened here. She will know where you must go!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Now you've done it,
Link. I blame myself. I should have reprimaded you the last time we met, but instead I was...soft. I'd take pleasure in punishing you, but I have no time for recreation. But next time, I'll do more than just beat you senseless. I'll make the affair so excruciating, you'll deafen yourself with the shrill sound of your own screams." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "But...how... Wh-why... Wha-what... Where am I?!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Uhhhh... Whoa... You're kind of imploding my mind right now... But I think I get what you're saying..." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "I see... Right, Link. Thanks for getting me here. You've done a good job. You can head home. Big Groose will handle the search for Zelda from here. Yup. I'll track her down, save her, and then give her a lift back to Skyloft..." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "I only speak the truth. You are not the one who will save her. The spirit maiden, your Zelda, can only be saved by another. It has been his fate to do this thing, and in doing so save us. As it was decided long before you were brought crying into this world." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Greetings, Link. Were you able to catch up with Zelda? Ah, I see. So the guardian was there as well, was she? The one you saw by Zelda's side is known as Impa. She is a being sent forth by the goddess to aid Zelda in her quest." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "The two have traveled somewhere in order to accomplish the great task destiny has set before them. However, now that Impa has destroyed the gate that they used, there is only one way left to find them. You must make use of the harp given to you by Zelda. ...Tell me, Link, have you attempted to play the harp that you recieved? My sense is that you have not yet familiarized yourself with it. Very well, I shall teach you how to play it. Listen well and do as I say." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "The great slab standing before you is known as a Gate of Time. It is the last of its kind in existence... The only portal binding our world to the one where Zelda now resides." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "This shaking... I fear the seal has been broken. I expected that it would react to your summoning the gate, but I never imagined the seal would break so quickly. Link, there will be time to explain later. Right now, you must hurry to the bottom of the pit outside." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Whoa! Wh-what's with all the shaking? The whole ground is heaving... I thought it was supposed to be solid down here!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Now, Link! Strike the sealing spike with a Skyward Strike, and restore the seal! Quickly!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Though the Imprisoned had only just begun to awaken and break its bonds, I'm impressed you were able to restore the seal keeping it captive. Unfortunately, you have only succeeded in buying us a little more time in which to act. The behemoth you beat back into confinement is a horror of unspeakable power. Judging by what I saw, I would not be surprised if the seal gave way again soon." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "...As you can see, the gate is nothing more than a slab of cold stone for now. It is sleeping. Rousing it from its slumber would require great power. Yes, I believe a shot of holy light from your Skyward Strike might just do it... Ah, sorry to disappoint you, boy, but for now your sword lacks the power necessary to awaken the gate. First, you and your sword must grow together." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Faron Woods...Eldin Volcano...and Lanayru Desert... A sacred flame is hidden somewhere in each of these lands. Seek them out, and purify your sword in their heat. Only after your blade has been tempered by these three fires will it be fully imbued with the great power for which you search." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Clues to finding the sacred flames have been woven into the lyrics of a song precious to your people, the Ballad of the Goddess. These clues are your best hope of finding your way to the flames. Return to Skyloft. Somewhere on your island is one whose knowledge of this old song will point you in the right direction." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "I hate even sayin' this, but I guess you got it all figured out, Grannie. Me, well, there's nothin' I can do to help Zelda. I'm useless." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah. You sell yourself short, my friend. You'll see in time that you have your own role to play in all this." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "What? You want to know the lyrics to the song Zelda sang on the day of the Wing Ceremony? You know, I'm not much of a singer... You just want the lyrics? Oh! What a relief. You really put me on the spot there for a moment. I believe the lyrics go something like this... Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess...unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land. That's the first part, but as I recall, there's a second verse to the song. Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower, and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear. I believe that's the whole thing." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "So you're curious about that windmill, eh? Pretty smart design, I gotta say. See, you can always turn the windmill so that it can always catch the wind no matter which way it's blowing. But... Well, there used to be this little propeller attached to the windmill so that you could turn it. The thing flew off ages ago. It must have dropped down off the edge, down beneath the clouds. The windmill's been uselessly sitting there ever since." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)
- "But how would you even go looking for the propeller in the first place? Once something falls through the clouds, it's gone for good. ...Hang on. Come to think of it, Gondo at the Scrap Shop told me that someone in his family once used a flying robot to haul junk back from beneath the clouds." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)
- "Well, I'm happy to hear that someone else believes me, but I don't think I can help you. You see, my grandpa's old robot... What's it called again... Oh, hey, that's right... I remember! His name is Scrapper. He may not be much to look at these days... But he was an amazing robot once! When you called him, he would go anywhere and haul anything! Sadly, as you can see now...he's just another busted ol' hunk of junk..." — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "But old Gramps did tell me this:
you can get him working again with the extract from an Ancient Flower.
It's like oil to this guy. But I've never even heard of, much less seen, any such thing!" — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "WHAT?! You have one?! Are you kiddin' me?! That's amazing! So this is an Ancient Flower?! I can feel some slick, oily stuff coming out of its stem! Great, with this we can fix Scrapper! ...Wait right here! I'll have him up and running in no time!" — Gondo (Skyward Sword)
- "Thank you, BZZRT! I've got a full tank of energy, and I'm ready to carry anything, zzzzt!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmmph. This individual may have restored my operations, but I am not inclined to offer assistance, zrrt. Serving children is very low in my task priority, dzzt!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "Who are you?!
ZRRPT-FOOOSH! Your name is...Fi? Dzzt! Should I call you Mistress Fi? Are you looking for something, Mistress Fi? I... I understand, vrrt! At your request, I will carry anything, regardless of weight or destination... whizzt!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "This is the Windmill Propeller you were searching for. It is now possible to retrieve this using the robot whose services we have elisted." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Here's that windmill propeller, zzzazt!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmm... Somehow I get the feeling this is all some elaborate prank, but I guess I'll try to fix this thing..." — Jakamar (Skyward Sword)
- "Let sound the goddess's song
Beneath the light's radiance
Unto her chosen hero shall fall
A piercing ray of guidance" — Stone Tablet (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I have memories of this island. It is known as the Isle of Songs. Signs indicate that it was left here fo you by the goddess, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I have important information. When you struck the crest with a Skyward Strike from your sword, a message from the goddess awakened deep within my memory. The goddess intended this message for you, Master. These are her words." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "He who seeks the sacred flames, listen well, for I guide you from my place at the edge of time. The sacred flames are three in number. To obtain them, you must also earn relics known as the three sacred gifts. For each trial you overcome, you shall be blessed with one of the gifts... Make use of the power of these gifts, and you will find your way to the purifying sacred flames." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Now, I bestow unto you a melody. It will serve you as a key, opening the first trial that awaits you deep in the wilds of Faron Woods. That song is called Farore's Courage. Its rousing melody will guide you." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "If you can pinpoint the origin of this aura using dowsing, I conjecture the song you learned at the Isle of Songs, Farore's Courage, will reveal the gate." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Thrust your sword into the center of the mark on the ground before you." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "As expected, I cannot follow you into this realm, for this trial calls out to your mind alone. This is the nature of places known as Silent Realms. They are domains of the spirit, accessible only to the goddess's chosen hero. This particular trial, Farore's Silent Realm, tests the limits of your courage." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "That is your Spirit Vessel. When this vessel is full, it will signify you have successfully completed the trial, allowing your spirit to grow. This, in turn, will allow the goddess to bless you with a new power. To fill the Spirit Vessel, you need to search for something known as a Tear of Farore. There are many of them spread across this strange world." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Water Dragon's Scale!
This sacred gift left by the goddess grants you the power to explore underwater and even execute a spin maneuver!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "There must be places here in the woods that you haven't visted yet, kewww. You should use the Water Dragon's Scale to explore areas you couldn't even get to before, kewww!" — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "They used to call me Yerbal. Now I'm just the old Kikwi hermit. I watch over this forest here...when I'm not nappin'." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "You're out questing for a flame to enhance your sword, kwwrk? So that you can find someone important to you, eh? How about that... A human who can see me and seeks a great flame, kwwwrk!" — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "The flame that you seek...is most likely Farore's Flame. Yes, yes... Farore's Flame... That story begins very long ago, when the goddess was still with us, kwwwrk... The goddess gave the flame to the Water Dragon, a great spirit that presides over Faron Woods. The way I hear it is she left the flame in the care of the Water Dragon so that one day the mighty dragon could pass it on to the "one from the sky"..." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "Her lair is deep in a lake in the south of these woods, kwwwwwwrk.
She watches over the flame there." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "To open the gate, you have to channel the power of the goddess into the symbol carved into its doors, kwwwrk! Oh, but it isn't so simple! The symbol is incomplete. To unlock the gate, you must make the symbol whole." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "Ack! Another human!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Quit following me, pest! If you don't move along, I'll be forced to tell Her Excellence the Water Dragon about your little incursion!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "GAH! How is that even possible? I've never seen a human pull off a spin like that!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Wait... That's a Water Dragon's Scale! Does that make you the emissary of the goddess, like the Water Dragon said? Hey, I've got an idea! Maybe you can help Her Excellence!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Yeah, about that... It happened really recently. This weirdo came in here with a gang of monsters and went right after Her Excellence. My lady the Water Dragon is a fierce fighter, and, boy, did she gobble up most of those monsters in the first few seconds." — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "Thing is, there were just so many of them! While she was distracted, the weirdo leading all those creatures managed to wound her. She's healing up now, but she says we don't have enough special water for her to make a full recovery. So could you please go talk with Her Excellence and see if you can help her out? I'll even take you to her. Follow me!" — Jellyf (Skyward Sword)
- "...Hmm? I say, that's one of MY scales you have there! A sacred gift such as that could only be carried by the goddess's chosen hero. But could you really be him?" — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "You've come here seeking a sacred flame, have you? I knew it. But I'll be straight with you. A shrimpy boy like you hardly looks the part of the goddess's chosen hero. There's no doubt about it. A test is in order to prove you're everything you say you are." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Shortly before your arrival, I was attacked by a pompous creature calling himself Ghirahim. I stood against this self-proclaimed Demon Lord, but I was wounded in the encounter. The wounds he's given me are stubborn things. I have been forced to recuperate in this basin of sacred water." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Bring me the container of sacred water that I require. Do me this favor, and I'll gladly show you where to find the sacred flame you desire." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "There is a 95% probability that the water here is identical to the water within the Water Dragon's basin. I suggest we take it back to her." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Behold the full majesty of Faron. Water Dragon and guardian of these lands! I stand tall--healed and whole once again! Human. You have done well to bring me the sacred water I asked you for." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Go. The sacred flame you seek lies within this place." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "I imagine you and I will cross paths again. Until then, do not lower your guard. Farewell, boy." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "You certainly are persistent... I'm terribly busy trying to find the clues that will help me revive the demon king. Your incessant buzzing around my head like some irksome gadfly when I'm THIS busy is... Well, it's making me very disagreeable." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "The flames of Farore have improved your sword, making it longer and sharp enough to do twice as much damage!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "With your sword now enhanced, you are ready to learn a new melody. We should return to the Isle of Songs." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess intended this message for you, Master. These are her words. He who seeks the sacred flames, listen well, for I am the one guiding you from my place at the edge of time. Two sacred flames remain. Should you desire to possess them, you must obtain the other sacred gifts. For each trial you overcome, you shall be blessed with another gift. Harness the power of these gifts, and let there be no doubt you shall find yourself standing before the majesty of the sacred flames. Now, I give you another melody. It will serve as a key to unlocking your next trial, which awaits you within the shifting sands of Lanayru Desert." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The song you just heard is called Nayru's Wisdom. Use this song of knowledge to find the next trial." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "This is the second trial, known as Nayru's Silent Realm. It will test your wisdom, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Clawshots! With this sacred gift, you will be able to explore areas that were previously unreachable!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "I almost never get visitors! My name is Golo, and I am researching the legend of the three dragons, one of which is said to live here!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "If you want to get to the Lanayru Sand Sea, you are going to need this key!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master. This is Lanayru Sand Sea. This whole area was once a vast ocean. But the water has all evaporated, now the area is a sea of sand." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "This area operated on a new form of power. There is a 90% probability that the sacred flame is located ahead. I recommend exploring this sand sea." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Who am I, brrzrrt...? I am the proud skipper of the ship that protects Nayru's Flame" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "It was the day of the storm, phoo-weep... My crew and I were navigating the seas as usual, vrrm... And then those brutes, bzzt... the pirates, suddenly attacked us, brrzt. They were after Nayru's Flame, zzpt. My crew was imprisoned... vrrrt... and I was thrown into the sea!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "After that, I took this boat and went searching for my ship and crew, but they were nowhere to be found, bzzt. It haunts me, wondering where my ship could be, phweep... I'd bet my hat they've turned the ship invisible and are hiding out somewhere, vrrm! You can't see it." — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "You say you're searching for Nayru's Flame, bzzt? Oh... So you need Nayru's Flame to find someone important to you, vrrrm...? In that case, you should help me search for my ship and crew, phweep! If you'll help me, vzzzt, then I guess I'll let you on my boat." — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "If you're going to navigate these treacherous waters, then you need a proper sea chart, doo-weep! There is a sea chart in my shack at Skipper's Retreat, bzzzt. So first you need to get on this boat and set a course for Skipper's Retreat!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "We've arrived, vweep! My shack is at the very top, vrrm! The sea chart we need is in my shack, zrrt." — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, I have determined that this is Skipper's sea chart. Let's take it back to him." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The Shipyard is where we used to build out ships, vrrt. My ship was built there too, vweep! If you go to the Shipyard, you might find some clues to the location of my ship, brrzrrt!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, we have arrived at the Shipyard construction bay. With the passing of many years, this structure has filled with sand. I recommend looking in the sand for a clue that may direct you to the location of the ship." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, it would appear that in the many years this factory went unused, monsters have moved in and built a nest." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I now estimate that the chance of finding a clue in the sand here as to the ship's location is extremely low." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "So my ship wasn't here, zrrt?
Then there is only one place left for us to look for clues, vrrm... Brrzrrt. This could be scary, but... we have to head to the stronghold of the pirates who stole my ship, phweep!" — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "This object is called a Timeshift Orb. I conjecture that, unlike the Timeshift Stones we've seen, this device was designed to be carried around and installed in different locations." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "There is a 60% probability that these masts and these sails are from the ship that protects Nayru's Flame. You can now set your dowsing ability to search for the ship that holds Nayru's Flame." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, that synthetic life-form...
There is a 99% chance that it was the pirate described by the captain. I can't help but admire the tenacity it has displayed in staying alive and functional all these years." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Bow! Now you can hit targets at a very long range. Arrows also do a lot more damage than Deku Seeds." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Link! Good job, vweep! Now the ship looks just like it used to, phoo-weep! That makes me so happy, vrrm! Now I just need you to go rescue my crew, vweep! I'm pretty sure they're being held in the brig inside the ship, brrzrrt!" — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "If you want to reveal Nayru's Flame, you're going to have to regain control of this ship, phoo-weep. The control room is next to the brig, but its huge door is sealed shut and you'll need a key to open it, vrrm. First you should head to captain's cabin, zrrt! The control-room key should be in there, vweep! Please take this key as thanks for rescuing us, vrrrrm. This key will open the door to the captain's cabin, vweep. You can get to the captain's cabin through a door on the deck in the back, vrrm." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, I conjecture that this is the key to the control room mentioned by the crew." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master. Judging by their size, these tentacles belong to a monster of considerable size. The current situation is difficult to determine with complete accuracy, but signs indicate that this ship is under attack. If we do nothing, there is an 80% chance the ship will capsize." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The flames of Nayru have transformed your blade, expanding Fi's powers. She can now help you use your dowsing ability to search for more objects!" — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "With your sword enhanced, you can learn a new melody. I recommend we return to the Isle of Songs." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Thank you for getting me my ship back, vrrm. It may have been half wrecked, but my crew and I got it shaped up to almost proper working order in no time, vrrt." — LD-301N Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess intended this message for you, Master. These are her words. He who seeks the sacred flames, listen well, for I am the one guiding you from my place at the edge of time. The last of the sacred flames still eludes you. To obtain it, you must claim another sacred gift. For each trial you overcome, you shall be blessed with another gift. Make use of the power of these gifts, and you will most certainly find the path to the sacred flames. Now, I bestow unto you another melody. Let it serve as a key to unlocking your final trial. It awaits you upon Eldin Volcano." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "According to my records, that song you just heard is called Din's Power. Use this song of might to locate the last trial." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You stand within Din's Silent Realm, the third trial. It will test the limits of your power." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Fireshield Earrings!
With these, you can stand any heat without a sweat. This is one of the three sacred gifts left by the goddess." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "I calculate the probability of finding the final sacred flame here at 90%. I recommend searching for flames." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The heat back there did not bother me a bit, but these flames right here are another matter. I wish there was something we could do to put out these flames..." — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- "All I can say is that is a big frog with a big thirst. I do not think the amount of water one of your little bottles can hold is going to cut it this time. Hmmm... You will have to have a big container to hold the water needed for this job. Got anything like that?" — Gorko (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh? You wish to borrow my water basin? Hmm... Very well. I have recovered, and I have no intention of having to soak in it again soon!" — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "As usual, vrrrt, I shall await you in the skies above." — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, your task here is complete for the moment. We should return to the sky so that we can set a course for the volcano." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "What's going on, brzzt? I almost blew a rotor trying to slow myself during that descent, zrbt... Anyway, this is where you wanted the water, right? WHAT?! THE SUMMIT? Why didn't you say so from the start, bzzrt? I don't want to carry this thing back to the sky. IT'S HEAVY, BRZZZT!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "I'll follow you up the volcano, zzzrt, and you make sure nothing touches me. Got it? Good!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "You want me to pour the water on this? No problem, zzzbrt!" — LD-301S Scrapper (Skyward Sword)
- "The flames blocking your path have been fully extinguished. I recommend proceeding ahead." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "So here's the deal... Word in the tunnels is there's a huge treasure hidden in these here ruins... But nobody who's ever seen it has come back to tell the tale. Countless treasure hunters have disappeared in here! Poof! Gone. As a treasure digger, I gotta warn you to just turn around and enjoy the many peaceful years of diggin' left to you, but... You're gonna do this no matter what I say, aren't ya? All right, then... I'm gonna let you in on an ancient treasure-hunting legend passed down among generations of Mogmas. Every Mogma worth a handful o' dirt knows this one... Here we go... "Ye who seek the entrance to the king's treasure, look for the two statues that face one another." "Show your bravery and jump into the mouth of the sleeping statue. Do this, and the path will open before you."" — Guld (Skyward Sword)
- "But those are some busted, old diggin' mitts. Ya can't go using them for treasure huntin'! I got it! As thanks, I'm gonna give ya a replacement pair from my secret stash! Don'tcha go nowhere!" — Silva (Skyward Sword)
- "This here's some super-secret info that I put together. Took some real sweat and work too. I had to survey this place near a hundred times to figure it out, but... You ready for this? Now don't go faintin' when I tell ya. Right around here, there is... A hidden room!" — Bronzi (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, don't get all angry! I thought you were one of them. Sorry, guy! Lemme give ya something good to make up for it. Hang on there a sec." — Plats (Skyward Sword)
- "...Oh, hello there, Link.
I see you're still among the living.
Fancy meeting you here. We seem to bump into each other time and time again. Oh, it's no coincidence, though, is it? You and I, we're bound by a thread of fate." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Look at these old drawings! Until I found these, I was...upset about that little stunt the goddess's guard dog pulled at the Gate of Time. What was that twig's name again? Impa? Well, never mind that, because these drawings suggest the existence of a second Gate of Time. This news has just filled my heart with rainbows!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Do you remember when I told you that the next time we met, I'd make your ears bleed from the sound of your own screams? Well, I've been thinking... Perhaps corporal puishment is a touch harsh. I might be willing to forgive and forget if you'll strike a deal. ...All I ask is that you tell me where I can find the other Gate of Time. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Oh, and don't you play coy with me.
I know that you know, so why not let me in on the fun?" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "You filthy scamp! You have awakened a wrath that will burn for eons! I swear to you, whatever it takes, I will drag you into an eternity of torment!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "The flames of Din have imbued your blade with a sacred white light that demons revile." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, now that it has been tempered by the last of the sacred flames, your blade has finally revealed its true form. You now hold the Master Sword." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "With this sword's great power, you can awaken the Gate of Time within the Sealed Temple. I recommend you make your way to this location." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "No... I fear the seal has given way once again. That terrible beast is awakening even as we speak. It is likely that the monster reacted to the sacred power given off by your sword. I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. So it goes... Link, you must imprison the beast once again." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Duh huh huh! Try not to drool on your shirt as you stare at this amazing superweapon I've been working on! I call it...the Groosenator! Leaves you speechless, doesn't it? That's only natural. You wouldn't believe how much time I put into building this beauty. Here--check it out! First, I got all the fences cluttering the area of out the way. Then I laid down rails for her to run on. All by myself, of course. I don't know what came over me! I had no clue I had the talent to make something like this, you know? Anyhow, you just tell me where you want me to place my shots, and I'll put a hurting on that ugly monster!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "It seems you were successful in imprisoning the monster again. You have my thanks,
Link. As do you, Groose." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Do not fear it. This is what we have waited for. At long last, the gate has been reactivated. Standing before you is a path that transcends the flow of time. It is a portal to the past...to the very place where Zelda now waits." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "...At last. I've been expecting you, Link. You are doubtless overwhelmed, so I will explain things as simply as I can. This is the Temple of Hylia, though it will come to be known as the Sealed Temple sometime in the future. You stand in the past, ages before your own time. Here the goddess, Hylia, has only just sealed away Demise... And little time has passed since the goddess sent the outcropping of rock into the sky that would one day become Skyloft." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "I think it's time you learned the whole story. Let me try to explain... The old gods created a supreme power that gave anyone who possessed it the ability to shape reality and fulfill any desire. They called it the Triforce. In his thirst to make the world his own, Demise readied a massive army of monsters for war. He sought to take the Triforce for himself by force. The goddess feared for her people. She used her power to send both them and the Triforce into the sky on a slice of earth she cut away from the land. This floating rock became the new home of our people. In time, it came to be known as Skyloft." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "After a long and fierce battle, the goddess, Hylia, succeeded in sealing away Demise. However, soon after the demon king was imprisoned, it became clear that the seal would not hold long against his fearsome power. Hylia had suffered grave injuries in her battle with the demon king.
She knew that if he broke free again, there would be no stopping him." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "In order to put an end to the demon king, Hylia devised two separate plans and set them both into motion." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "First, she created Fi. She made the spirit that resides in your sword to serve a single purpose: to assist her chosen hero on his mission." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Her second plan...was to abandon her divine form and transfer her soul to the body of a mortal. ...She made this sacrifice, as you have likely guessed, so that the supreme power created by the old gods could one day be used. For while the supreme power of the Triforce was created by the gods, all of its power can never be wielded by one. Knowing this power was her last and only hope, the goddess gave up her divine powers and her immortal form." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "You've probably figured it out by now, haven't you, Link? You are the chosen hero, and I, Zelda... I am the goddess reborn as a mortal." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Stripped of his true physical form by the seal that binds him, he takes the shape of an abomination. But even in his hideous state, he's more than capable of devouring this land if we allow him to do what he desires." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Back in our own time, you've already driven him back into his prison twice now. I can't thank you enough for that, Link." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Valiant hero, you have endured many hardships and journeyed far in your quest to reach this place. Along your travels you have found wisdom, power, and courage, and for this I shall bless your sword with the goddess's power. May it give you and your sword the strength to drive back the abomination that threatens this land!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess has blessed your blade, and the Master Sword has at last achieved its ultimate form!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "I knew that if it meant saving Zelda, you would throw yourself headfirst into any danger, without even a moment's doubt... I... I used you. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for pulling you into all of this, Link." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "To ensure that the seal holds, I will remain here in this time...deep in sleep for thousands of years." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "When Demise is finally gone, there will be no more need for the seal that binds him, and then I'll be able to wake up." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "True to legend, the Triforce is the one thing with the power to vanquish Demise. It is thought to have been hidden within Skyloft by the goddess. Sadly, that is all we know of where it rests. All other clues to its whereabouts have been lost to the ages. Link, you have likely
come to the same conclusion, but I will spell it out just the same. The key to finding the Triforce must be in Skyloft. Go now, Link.
Find the Triforce." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Link...I've made up my mind. I'm not going back. I'm staying right here with Grannie." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "What do I know of the Triforce...?" — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "It's true that the ancient texts make several mentions of the Triforce within their pages. Unfortunately, the actual location of the Triforce isn't illuminated in any of those tomes. Its whereabouts are lost to history. Sorry, Link. It shames me
to say it, but my knowledge is of little use on this subject." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "Though, there is one whose vast knowledge may be of use... Surely you're familiar with Levias, the great sky spirit who has guarded our realm for ages? Levias has served as the protector of our skies for a long time, and his knowledge of our world is encyclopedic, to put it mildly. If anyone in the entirety of Skyloft and beyond were to know about the Triforce, it would be him." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "I imagine in your travels you've taken notice of the tremendous thunderhead that suddenly appeared in our skies. Recently, I've heard rumors suggesting that Levias is trapped inside that massive cloud. I asked Instructor Owlan to look into this troubling cloud in order to determine if there is any truth to these rumors. I had meant to inquire about his findings earlier but completely forgot about it after Zelda went missing. Instructor Owlan can fill me in on the details later, so why don't you go speak with him yourself and see what his investigation has revealed?" — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "If I'm correct, Levias is the one inside the thunderhead. But...that's not the Levias that we all know. That's...a monster! It certainly looks like Levias, but last time I approached him, he came rushing at me! And his eyes...
They were full of malice. People change... Or old, wizened creatures change, rather. Perhaps it's more that...he is possessed by something. That's how it felt to me." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "If we can somehow free him from whatever it is that has a hold over him, then there's a chance he will return to his senses. Listen well, Link, because
I'm about to teach you a very powerful bird-riding technique. It's called the Spiral Charge! Using the Spiral Charge, you can rid Levias of the blight that has hold of him!" — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "Maybe the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin might know something. Every year he makes an offering of his pumpkin soup for Levias." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "You say you'll deliver a pot of my soup to Levias?" — Pumm (Skyward Sword)
- "I must apologize for my earlier behavior. A most peculiar and irksome pest possessed me. I was not myself." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "But that business is done with now! The delicious aroma of that soup has restored me to my senses." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah, I see it now. Link, you are the goddess's chosen hero. How interesting... I assume you've come to hear what I know of the Triforce." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Even I do not know where it rests now. Oh, but the goddess did entrust me with a hint as to the Triforce's location." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "The clue is a song, meant to be played on the harp you hold. It is known as the Song of the Hero. The song is the key to revealing the secret location of the Triforce. The goddess split this song into four parts. She entrusted one part to me and the other three to the dragons of the land. You must gather each of the parts of the Song of the Hero. Seek out the dragons, and convince them to teach you their parts. When they've taught you what they know, come to me and I will complete the song with my own voice! The dragons can be found at Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, and Lanayru Desert. Go on, then. Find the dragons you now seek!" — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master. An unusual phenomenon is taking place in Faron Woods, making it impossible to descend directly into them at the moment." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Link, bad news!
That beast looks like it's about to break free again! Gotta get into position! Hang tight!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "The beast has been sealed into its prison for a third time." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "It is right your search led you here. The Faron Woods are close by. Unfortunately, there has been an unusual turn of events in the woods... I am unsure of what happened, but a short while ago, I noticed the path to the woods was completely flooded." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "To protect the land here, I closed the gate leading to the woods and drove back the water with a simple seal. The seal will only hold as long as the gate remains closed, meaning you will not be able to open it without flooding these lands." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "See, that last battle with big ugly got me thinking about other ways to use the Groosenator! Just climb up into that bad boy, and I'll give you a "lift" over to the woods, all right?" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "The water came gushing out of the base of the tree behind me and flooded the entire woods." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "This may be news to you, but some very irksome monsters have been overrunning my woods of late. Well, I decided that I'd had enough! The easiest way to deal with the awful things was to flood the whole woods." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "As it happens, almost every inch of greenery in the area is submerged.
So it's here, in this flooded land, that I will test you. If you're up to completing the task I ask of you, I see no reason why I shouldn't reward you with the melody you seek. As you just saw, I have split the melody you seek among my many Tadtones and I have hidden them around the forest. If you haven't already guessed,
Link, here's your task:
take this score and collect all my little musical friends out there. You can use that score to figure out how many Tadtones are in each group. Find them, collect them, and bring them back to me. If you can do that, well, then I'll just have to see you as someone worthy of learning the Song of the Hero." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, Link!
You've gathered all the Tadtones, haven't you? That's no small feat! Or should I say no small beat, kewwwww! Ahem... Anyway, hurry and return to the Water Dragon!" — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah, you've brought back all my colorful little Tadtones. You are indeed worthy of being called a hero. This much is clear. I'm good for my word, so I will teach you my part of the song you seek." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Originally, I had planned to keep these woods underwater so that those awful monsters could never return. But your task is far from over, and you're not exactly at home in the water. I suppose I'll return the woods to their natural state." — Faron (Skyward Sword)
- "Haven't ya noticed? They swiped all your stuff!" — Plats (Skyward Sword)
- "While you were out, they shook you down good, pal! You're gonna want to get your stuff back before ya go and try anything else. I can get you started. I stole these back for ya..." — Plats (Skyward Sword)
- "Whaddya thinkin'? You shouldn't be out here in the open with no way to defend yourself... This place is crawlin' with thugs! Well, just be careful they don't spot ya while you're sneakin' around!" — Plats (Skyward Sword)
- "Please excuse me for leaving your side during this brief trouble with the volcanic eruption. While I was here, I detected a strong source of power emanating from the area to the far right. Signs indicate a 60% chance that the dragon who knows a verse from the Song of the Hero dwells there." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Ho! A man of flesh and blood has walked his way to the hear of my burning hall! Now this is something." — Eldin (Skyward Sword)
- "If I have the right of it, the mark you bear upon your hand is not just a fashionable decoration. There can be no doubt about it, then. The goddess has chosen you to hear the melody I have guarded for her all these years. Listen well, human child. I will sing you my part of the Song of the Hero." — Eldin (Skyward Sword)
- "Hello, hello, Link. How is your search for that sacred flame going? Did you find it?! I have been dying to hear whether you found it. Well...did you? ...So after that wild, long adventure, you found it! Link, you
are truly amazing." — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "You know, I think it is time I tell you what I found out about the legend of the three dragons. I am certain there is a hidden area just beyond here in the desert! You see, I found a narrow passageway that was too tight for me to fit through. And my gut tells me that one of the three dragons of legend, the Thunder Dragon, lives there!" — Golo (Skyward Sword)
- "This is Lanayru Gorge. Legend tells of a dragon loyal to the goddess living in this area." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "We were just about to transport this Timeshift Stone to Master Thunder Dragon, vweep." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "We got permission from our master, the Thunder Dragon, to dig for Timeshift Stones, vweep. But Master Thunder Dragon is very ill right now, brrzrrt. I'm worried about him, vrrm. At this rate, our master may cease functioning, vweep..." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Hold on, now. Didn't you just say you came from the sky, Link?
So then you're the hero chosen by the goddess, aren't you? I see... Well, that is something... Although I must apolgize. You see, I can't really help you. I may have enough strength for a brief chat like this, but... Well, as you can see, I am quite ill. Cough... I'm in no shape to sing..." — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
- "The robots were worried about me, so they planted a seedling from the Tree of Life. The fruit of this tree is said to be able to cure any illness..." — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
- "What are you doing with that seedling, vrrm?! Master Thunder Dragon needs fruit from the Tree of Life to recover!" — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Make sure you plant that seedling where it can grow to maturity, phoo-weep. I fear growing the seedling to maturity in Lanayru Province is impossible, brrzrrt. We're all counting on you, vweep!" — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh yeah! Now this is a tree I could look at all day! It's like a symbol for this temple...or something!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh, you've done it, boy. I can feel the fruit's effect surging through me! It's exhilarating! I feel like a proper dragon again! Just because I have eternal life doesn't mean I can't get mighty sick!
Thanks to you, boy, this old dragon will keep on charging awhile yet! I owe you a big thank-you, so allow me to perform a moving rendition of my part of the Song of the Hero! I should warn you, I've got a mean set of pipes and I know how to use them! This'll clean out those ears, boy, so brace yourself!" — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
- "Well done, Master. You've successfully collected three parts of the Song of the Hero. I recommend you return to the sky and meet with the great sky spirit, Levias, to complete the song." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Bahah! So you've learned all three parts of the song from the dragons, eh? You have done well, young one! True to my word, I will perform the last part of the song for you. Ahem..." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Now that you know the song, I trust you know what to do with it. That old song opens a door to a great trial. Should you succeed in conquering the challenge awaiting you there, I'm certain the path to the Triforce will be revealed to you." — Levias (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link. You have entered the last of the trials, the Goddess's Silent Realm." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Stone of Trials!
This engraved object was created to lead the chosen hero to the hidden location of the Triforce!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "The Stone of Trials you just obtained is actually one of a pair, Master. Another similar object with a mark just like the one you hold exists somewhere on this island. Combining the two should open the way to the Triforce." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master Link.
My calculations indicate an 85% chance that the structure you uncovered houses the Triforce." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, you have
reached the mark. Offer your sword to it. If you do this, I calculate a high probability that you will be shown the way to a part of the Triforce." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The Triforce is complete! With its power, you have the ability to make Zelda's wish of vanquishing Demise a reality." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, I believe at this juncture that a prayer is required. The ultimate goal we have traveled so far for is now within reach. Focus now, and wish with all your might for the destruction of Demise." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I have news.
I have confirmed that the Isle of the Goddess, which was formerly a part of Skyloft, has returned to the surface. Furthermore, I have detected the successful eradication of Demise. Your prayers to the Triforce have been heard." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "In light of these factors, the seal Zelda maintained through her agelong sleep is no longer necessary. My projections indicate she will wake momentarily. I advise you to make your way to the Sealed Temple as soon as possible." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Good morning...Link..." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "This is all very touching, really, but I'm afraid I have to cut this emotional moment short." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "It's best for everyone if you forget about your friend. The little goddess is mine now! My master may have perished in this age, but in the past he lives yet!
I'm taking the girl back through that gate to help me revive the demon king!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "...Stand down. You're in my way, and the sight of your appalling hair makes smy gorge rise." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "You've done a fine job of spoiling my plans to revive the demon king in this age, so I see no point in dawdling here. But the past...oh, the past... So full of possibilities. I shall resurrect him there with the divine soul of this golden-haired girl!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Urgh... Link...?
It's Ghirahim... He appeared out of thin air and got the drop on me. Don't worry about me... You must chase after him! He ran through the great doors at the front of the temple. You may yet catch him before it's too late. Hurry!" — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Hear me, my hordes! The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns! Until then, you WILL keep that whelp from interfering with my ritual. I don't care if the whole lot of you get lodged on the end of his blade. You will buy me the time I need! Do not fear him... Fear my wrath if you fail me!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "You're far too quick, boy! I realize a simple child like you knows nothing of magic, but spells like this take time and a steady hand! Can't you wait quietly like a good boy? HMM? You petulant brat... You've pushed me too far. I've waited my whole existence for this! This is my moment! You know what? Fine! If you're so intent on hurrying to your grave, I'll be happy to show you the way! This time there will be no heroic escape. I was a fool to toy with you and let you walk away with your life before, but I won't make that mistake again. That, I promise!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "I've let a mere boy make a fool of me for the last time. You stand before a demon...or should I say, a weapon without mercy!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "For you, boy, I've prepared a most appropriate and humiliating death. I even have a pet name for it--I call it the endless plunge! First, I will take my time bludgeoning you, and when I grow bored of it, I will drive you to the edge and deliver a last strike to send you falling to your doom! I'll delight in casting your body into this pit and snuffing out the flame of your life! Your broken body will serve as fine sustenance for the demon king!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "You wretched brat!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "This... This is preposterous.
Driven to my knees by a simple child of man. Laughable! No matter how many times we clash, I can't prevail! You think I can't defeat you? You think I can't win?? Boy...what are you?" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah... But never mind that. Victory is still mine to savor. While we fought, the ritual I started continued... At last, it's complete! The demon king shall devour the soul of the goddess and resurrect in his full glory!" — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "Welcome back to us, Master." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- "...So you are the chosen knight of the goddess. Intriguing..." — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess lowered herself to a mortal existence to keep me imprisoned. How pathetic. This bag of flesh pales in comparison to the magnificence of her previous form." — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "Don't worry, Link!
Groose has got this!
Link, I... I caught her!
She's OK!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmm... So you and that other human would stand before obliteration to aid the goddess, would you? How curious... The humans I've known were weak things. Hardly more than insects, shivering under rocks and ready to flee at a mere glimpse of me. When last I walked this world, they did little more than scream and cling to their goddess, mewling and praying... Counting on her to protect them. How amusing to think those cowards begot someone like you." — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "Link, it's all on you!
Oh, and listen up! Grannie had some info for you! The old girl says it'll take time for that grease wad to absorb Zelda's soul completely! If you can take him down before her soul gets all sucked up into that... thing, you might still have a chance!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "If you fear for your life, do not follow me. You can spend what little time your world has left cowering and crying, as befits your kind. But if you truly desire to raise your blade against the world I would build, come for me. I've waited eons to return. I can spare a few more moments to let you decide." — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I have
important information for you. Once you enter this portal, my analysis indicates a 0% chance that you will be able to return, unless you are able to vanquish your foe." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "And, Master...good luck." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah, so you've decided to meet your end in battle after all. It pleases me greatly to see such misplaced valor, human. Take a moment to appreciate your surroundings, for where we stand shall serve as your tomb for eternity. The hate for the gods that has boiled in my veins... You will taste all of it in the bite of my blade. The only question left is how long you will manage to remain standing before I take your life. Try to keep it interesting for me, would you? And when you do fall, know that your world and everything in it is mine to dominate... Mine to subjugate... Mine to rule! When I finish with you, you can take solace in knowing your friends and kin will soon follow, as I wipe all who oppose me from the face of this world! It won't be long now. At last, the almighty power I've sought for millennia... I will take the Triforce for my own... And the world shall be under my foot for eternity!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "Extraordinary. You stand as a paragon of your kind, human. You fight like no man or demon I have ever known. Though this is not the end." — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!" — Demise (Skyward Sword)
- "I have confirmed the eradication of the demon king. His residual consciousness has been absorbed into the Master Sword... and is now sealed away." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You have done well, Link." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Link... Thank k it's over... Finallyou.
I thiny...it's all over." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, so things look pretty sewn up here. What do you say, guys?
Ready to head back to our own time? Grannie was really worried about you two. We don't want to keep the old girl in suspense too long." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "...Master, I must speak with you." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, you have
successfully protected the goddess reborn and defeated Demise, fulfilling your role as the hero of legend. My purpose here is complete." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Therefore, I ask you to dissolve our arrangement as master and servant. Drive the sword into the pedestal before you, and I will return to the sword to enter a sleep without end." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Link, hear me.
My purpose was to obey the command of the goddess and lead you, the chosen hero of this land, on your quest. When I first awoke and began this task, I perceived it as merely serving my function as a servant to Her Grace. However, I have come to consider the information corresponding to our time together among the most precious data I have on record. I do not have the capability to fully understand the human spirit, Link... But now, at the end of my journey with you, as I prepare to sleep within the Master Sword forever, I experience a feeling I am unable to identify. I lack sufficient data to be sure of my conclusion, but I believe this feeling correlates closest to what your people call...happiness. Our partnership is at an end, and even as we speak, I feel my consciousness fading away. Before I enter the sleep that calls me to the sword, I wish to relay to you words that I recorded many times over the course of our journey. Many have said them to you thus far, but I now wish to say them for myself... Thank you, Master Link.
May we meet again in another life..." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "What? Impa, why? Come with us!" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Zelda, Your Grace, you possess the memories of the goddess. You must understand why that is not possible. I am a being of this age.
My place is here." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "The last remnants of Demise are decaying slowly within the sword. Someone must stay behind to watch over this blade. His spirit must not reawaken. He must never be allowed to threaten the world again. This is the nature of the task given to my tribe. As a member of the Sheikah, the goddess's chosen guardians, I gladly welcome this duty." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Zelda, I shall watch over the Triforce. Its power is too great to leave in the grasp of man. Dependence on its might is an invitation to disaster. When it has served its purpose, it must be secreted away to lie dormant once again...the knowledge of its existence hidden from mortal history. These are the words the goddess spoke to me long ago. I remember them well. As do you, I'm sure." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Do not despair, Zelda. You and I will surely meet again someday." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "...See? I told you we'd meet again." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Look around us! As a child, I always dreamed of a world below. I wanted to see the surface with my own eyes and feel the land's warm breeze on my skin. I... I think I want to live here. I always want to feel solid ground beneath my feet, see the clouds above my head, and watch over the Triforce." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "What about you, Link?
What will you do now?" — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 77
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 14
- "For ages, the people lived at ease, content in mind and body... But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess HD)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 11}
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 113
- "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess HD)
<ref> tags exist for a group named "note", but no corresponding
<references group="note"/> tag was found, or a closing
</ref> is missing