Features and Overview
Situated near the middle of Windfall Island, it is here where Tingle is imprisoned after being accused of stealing a Picto Box, though he claims that he is innocent of the crime. Link can press a Switch hidden behind a cluster of Jars to free Tingle, who will thank him by giving him the Tingle Tuner. In The Wind Waker HD, Tingle will instead give the young hero the Tingle Bottle. Moreover, he gifts Link a Map with the location of his island, and tells him that if he ever needs help with reading charts to "just leave it to Tingle."
Once Tingle is freed, Link can enter the cell and push the crate that's against the wall to reveal a small hole through which he can crawl. Inside the hole is a complex maze, riddled with dead-ends guarded by Rats who will send Link out of the jail, into the water where he first met the King of Red Lions. If Link successfully navigates the maze, he will find a hidden room where the Picto Box is kept in a Treasure Chest. There are two stone slabs in this room, one explaining the culprit's story, while the other explains the controls of the Picto Box.
- "A while back, this thief stole a Picto Box, and he was held in the town jail for a long, long time! Yeah, real long!" — One of the Killer Bees (The Wind Waker)
- "Tingle is my name! I have been looking for you and your kind, for I, too, long to be one of the fairy folk! And yet, I was mistaken for some kind of troublemaker and put into this dreadful sort of place! How disrespectful! Please, Mr. Fairy... Rescue poor Tingle from this place and take him to where you and your kind live in splendor!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh, Mr. Fairy! You want to come to my island, don't you? Don't you? Don't you? When you go out to sea, open it!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "If you ever need any help with your charts, just leave it to Tingle! Don't ever forget it!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "At last, I have succeeded in stealing the Picto Box I have desired for so long. Succeeded, yes…but sadly… Due to a slight mistake on my part, I was also caught. I have been imprisoned, but I do not give in easily! I refuse to give this wondrous box to my captors!" — Stone slab near the Picto Box (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Of course, if I ever successfully escape from this prison, I shall one day return to recover the Picto Box. I will write the controls for it in case I should forget them… Set it to , , or on the Items screen. Press to snap shots ( and also work). Use to zoom in and out. Press to switch to its delightful pictograph-viewing mode. It saves up to 12 pictographs at one time. Oh, how it pains me to leave it! …I just wish I could get out of here so I could start taking pictographs!" — A stone slab near the Picto Box (The Wind Waker HD)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||町のろうや (Machi no Rōya)||Town Jail|
|French||Prison de Mercantîle||Merchant Island Jail (Windfall Island Jail)|
|Italian||Prigione Dell'isola||Island Prison|
|SpanishEU||Cárcel del Pueblo||Town Jail|