Tokk is an elderly man who lives in a farmhouse just under the hill where the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab sits. He usually spends his time sitting on a stool out by an Apple Tree in his yard. Tokk is not a forthcoming man, often sighing when spoken to.
Link can ask to speak to Tokk about a few different topics. Should the hero ask about the Great Calamity, Tokk wonders if Uma may have put him up to this. Although he sees no real reason behind Link's curiosity, Tokk relinquishes what he learned about the Calamity from his father. He tells Link about how Hyrule Castle was "contaminated" and how the Great Calamity wiped out nearly everything. Tokk is thankful that Hateno Village managed to survive the disaster due to its far-off location. Tokk also recalls that someone attempted to put an end to the Calamity, but he is quick to dismiss the entire topic as irrelevant.
If Link asks about the place he is in, Tokk at first believes he is inquiring about the farm. However, he is quick to realize that Link likely means the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab above them and tells him that a Sheikah tribe member is conducting research there.
Link can ask who Tokk himself is, but the elder will humbly admit he is naught but an old man.
At 5:00 AM, Tokk wakes up to go to his usual stool outside. He will not discuss anything until he has a seat. Should it rain while he is outside, he will sit inside until it stops. At 9:00 PM, he considers the day to be over and goes to bed.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Tokk" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Hullo!] *sigh* Hullo." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Good-bye.] *sigh*" — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- " What is it? [I need to talk to you.] To me? About what?" — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- " [Calamity Ganon?] The Calamity? Did Uma put some ideas in your head? What good is sniffing around on a thing that happened 100 years ago?" — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- " I can tell you what my father told me, but I don’t see what good it will do..." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- " The Great Calamity was a catastrophe that...contaminated Hyrule Castle. That’s how I understood it, anyway. Our world was once filled with beautiful cities and prosperous villages, but the Calamity destroyed all of that." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- " Luckily, Hateno Village was far enough away from Hyrule Castle that the damage here was minor in comparison." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "And then there was something about a brave soul that tried to stop the Calamity, I think... I don’t remember it all. What does it matter, though? That’s all in the past." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "[What is this place?] Well...it’s a farm. But you knew that much, right?" — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "OH! Are you talking about that odd house up top there? The place on that hill to the east is the research lab. I heard a Sheikah tribe director is doing some mysterious things up there. " — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Who are you?] Me? Well, I’m just an old man. Nothing more to it than that." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I don’t mind chatting with you, but let me have a seat first." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I’m going to bed. See you." — Tokk (Breath of the Wild)