Ocarina of Time
- Main article: Pedestal of Time
In Ocarina of Time, after retrieving the three Spiritual Stones and playing the "Song of Time" in the Temple of Time, Link can take the Master Sword and can prevent Ganondorf from obtaining the Triforce. However, because Link is too young to use the Sword, he is sealed in the Sacred Realm during seven years, thus awakening as an adult. After he rescues Saria in the Forest Temple, he can return to his childhood by putting the Master Sword back into the Pedestal of Time. From this point, he can freely travel through time between his childhood and his adulthood. Certain tasks can only be performed as a child, and certain tasks only as an adult. Items such as the Slingshot can only be used by Link as a child, while items such as the Bow can only be used by Link as an adult.
In Majora's Mask, Link can play the "Song of Time" to go back in time up to the First Day to prevent the Moon from crashing into Termina. Link can also play the "Song of Double Time" in order to travel half day forward to the future.
Oracle of Ages
- Main article: Time Portal
In Oracle of Ages, using the Harp of Ages given to him by Nayru, the eponymous Oracle of Ages, Link can travel between the present day and 400 years in the past. He can play the Tune of Echoes, Currents, and Ages to open Time Portals or independently flit between eras.
- Main article: Door of Time
As Link is looking for the missing pieces of the Mirror of Twilight in Twilight Princess, which is vital to gain access to the Twilight Realm, he finds a portal that takes him to an ancient version of the Temple of Time. This portal is the Door of Time, the gateway between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. When Link travels back to the future, the Dominion Rod he find inside the temple is affected in that its magic is inactive in the present, so he must to retrieve its magic in order to progress.
In Skyward Sword, while in the Lanayru Mine and Lanayru Desert, Link can hit Timeshift Stones to alter time within the immediate vicinity of the stone. When struck, the Timeshift Stones replenish the area in its range, reverting it back to how it looked in the past. Link also must use the Gate of Time to travel to Hylia's Realm, thousands of years prior to his own time.
- "Having pushed the light from her heart, the darkness compelled her to open the Gate of Souls, the doorway of time itself. Monsters from across the ages poured through the gate, bringing ruin to the land of Hyrule once more." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "It pushed the light away and warped her curiosity into a desperate desire to possess the legendary hero's soul. Of course, this evil had its own desires... To use the Triforce to resurrect itself and conquer Hyrule once again." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)