- Not to be confused with Lightning.
The Thunder magic is used to cause Thunderbird's face to appear, which is its weak spot. The Thunder magic is also a very powerful ability in general, as it destroys all non-boss monsters on the screen. The only drawback is that it is an extremely expensive magic to cast. Link learns this magic from the old man in the Old Town of Kasuto only after the young hero has increased his Magic Meter to the highest possible level by finding the four hidden magic containers.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 109
- "Thunder Spell
During Link's quest to recover the six shards of the Magic Crystal, Link frequently used the power of magical Spells. Link used the Thunder Spell to damage multiple enemies at the same time. This Spell also played a crucial role in Link's struggle against Thunderbird in the Great Palace." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com (archive), retrieved January 24, 2022.
- "The most powerful of the 8 magics, it can damage all of the enemies on the screen." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 44)
- "However, Link has to be very strong in order to use it." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 44)
- The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 47