|The Test of Wood|
|Reward||Maag Halan Shrine|
This Shrine Quest is one of three that Link must complete as part of "The Korok Trials" Side Quest. Link can find this Korok Trial on the eastern edge of the Korok Forest. There, he will find Damia, who has been expecting him. They ask if he is prepared for the Test of Wood, as it is supposed to be the hardest of the Korok Trials. However, they explain that all Link has to do is make it to the Ancient Shrine while equipped with the Korok Gear. Therefore, they ask him if he is ready to attempt the Trial.
If Link agrees to try, Damia will encourage him. They explain that he will be disqualified if his Korok Gear breaks or is unequipped.[note 1] Link is then given a Forest Dweller's Sword, a Forest Dweller's Shield, and a Forest Dweller's Bow. Damia reminds Link that his goal is the Ancient Shrine, before sending him off on the Korok Trial.
Along his journey, Link will encounter Keese, Fire Keese, Chuchus, Electric Chuchus, Fire Chuchus, Stalkoblins, and Water Octoroks. They must be either avoided or defeated in order to continue on with the Korok Trial. After Link passes through Mido Swamp and approaches Maag Halan Shrine, Damia will stop him and shout that he has reached his goal.
Damia flies down next to Link and congratulates him for completing the Test of Wood. They claim that happiness awaits him inside Maag Halan Shrine. Should Link want to attempt the Test of Wood again, Damia says to let them know before flying away. With this, the Shrine Quest will be completed, and Link can enter Maag Halan Shrine.
|1||You decided to undergo the trial Damia gave you in Korok Forest.|
Talk to Damia when you're ready to begin.
|2||With the forest dweller's sword, forest dweller's bow, and forest dweller's shield equipped, head for your destination.|
|Complete||You arrived at your destination with the forest dweller's sword, forest dweller's bow, and forest dweller's shield equipped. There, you found an ancient shrine.|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||燃えずのしれん (Moezu no shiren)|
|ChineseSI||不燃烧的试练 (Bù ránshāo de shìliàn)|
|ChineseTR||不燃燒的考驗 (Bù ránshāo de kǎoyàn)|
|FrenchEU||L'épreuve du feu|
|Italian||La prova ignifuga||Fireproof trial|
|Korean||타지 않는 시련 (Taji anneun siryeon)|
|Russian||«Испытание огнем» («Ispytaniye ognyom»)|
|SpanishLA||La prueba de fuego|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The Test of Wood
The Test of Wood" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, hero guy! I was told you'd be coming." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "But do you really think you're ready for the Test of Wood?! Some say it's the hardest of the Korok Trials." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "But it's not complicated—all you need to do is equip this Korok weapon set and reach the shrine at the back of the area." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Are you ready to try it?" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'm ready.] All right. Go get 'em!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have the keep the sword, bow, and shield equipped the whole time. If they break or you unequip them, you're out!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh? Your inventory is full! You need to make some space for a sword, a shield, and a bow before we can get started." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "All you have to do is reach the shrine in the back of the area. Off you go!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Gooooooooal!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
You've passed the Test of Wood!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well done, hero man!
Happiness awaits you at the shrine." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, yeah! If you ever want to do the trial again, just let me know. See ya!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)