| This article requires a cleanup to meet Zeldapedia's quality standards.|
Please this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
|When editing this page, please use "Link" in place of "you"; also, "it is" should be used over "it's". For further clarity, please read the Manual of Style. When adding a new section, please place it in alphabetical order.|
This page is a list of glitches from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
Make sure Link uses a nearby save point before trying this glitch.
When entering the captain's cabin, Link realizes he needs to return to the upper deck to turn off the Timeshift Stone so he can pass through the electrified door. Another option is presented: use the Beetle to fly through the electric door and up between and through the rotating blades to the upper deck. If done right, the Beetle will reach the Timeshift Stone before becoming exhausted. This, however, was not thought through on in-game beta testing, hence the game freezes and the system will require a force power down.
Final Ghirahim Glitch
Killing a Remlit
Before finding Batreaux and fighting Scaldera, Link may go to Skyloft at night and find a Remlit near the pillars of rock that lead to the Waterfall Cave. Link may pick the Remlit up and throw it off the island. When Link returns, the Remlit will be gone and will not show up until morning or until Link enters a building.
Play on Menu Screen Glitch
First, acquire the Double Clawshots and have Link be at the entrance to the Temple of Time area in the Lanayru Province. Get Link's health down to a half a heart, assuming Link is not in Hero Mode. Then, place a bomb in front of Link and wait until it blows up. At the game over screen, press continue but less than a fourth of a second after pressing continue press the home button and select reset. When the game reloads, Link will be on Skyloft in the clothes that he wore in the begining of the game, and he will have the Practice Sword. Link can run around Skyloft inside of the menu screen. To fix this glitch, Link must not press anything until he gets to the Bird Statue closest to the plaza, then press A to open the collection of files and the save option as well. When the cursors are on save (not save and quit) and the file Link was on, save and reload the file that Link was playing on originally at the same time. This brings Link to where he last saved.
Song of The Hero
- Begin the Thunder Dragon portion of the quest before the Water Dragon or the Fire Dragon portions.
- Talk to Golo the Goron at the Lanaryu Mine entrance. Talking to him in the Lanaryu Caves will NOT trigger the glitch.
- Retrieve the Thunder Dragon's part of the "Song of the Hero".
- Speak to Golo again at the Lanaryu Mine entrance before heading to either Faron Woods or Eldin Volcano.
- If the player talks to the Old Woman (Impa), she will say that she recalls a dragon living somewhere in the Lanayru Province. The game lock up into thinking that the player needs to get the Thunder Dragon's Song of the Hero part while it has already been obtained/completed.
- If the player obtains the Thunder Dragon's Song of the Hero part second after obtaining/completing the Song of the Hero part from the Fire Dragon in the Eldin Province or the Water Dragon in the Faron Province, whichever area the player did not complete, the other will not activate if the player talks to Golo at the Lanaryu Mine entrance.
This will cause Faron Woods and Eldin Volcano to change their landscaping to that seen after obtaining their dragons' songs, thus rendering the player permanently unable to obtain those songs and unable to finish the game.
The Wii Shop Channel has a download specifically to repair game saves affected by this glitch.
To do this glitch, assign a Bottle to the minus button, and raise the Goddess Sword to prepare a Skyward Strike. Just as it finishes charging, press the minus button. Link will put the charged sword away while pulling out a now slightly glowing Bottle. The sound effect of the charging will still be heard. Note that this glitch requires perfect timing, as too early will not charge it, and too late simply will not work.
While in the battle with Tentalus, when Tentalus is stunned after being struck by an arrow, striking Tentalus with another arrow will leave the battle stuck in the first phase, effectively leaving the game unbeatable, forcing a reset. This only works on certain copies of the game.
To perform this one, race the Parella at Lake Floria and break the wood before she gets to it. She will warp there instantly and say her usual lines.
Sometimes, when using Instructor Owlan's bed, instead of the "How long do you want to sleep?" dialogue, it will give the dialogue as if the player was selling bugs to Stritch, but with Fi's options by saying, "Let's see... today I feel like buying: Advice Play Time Objective."