|The Forgotten Sword|
|"The Eighth Heroine"|
To begin this Side Quest, Link must be wearing the Gerudo Set so that Bozai will think he is a girl. At the end of "The Eighth Heroine" Bozai will ask Link to join him under the tent outside of Gerudo Town. When Link next speaks to him, Bozai will be surprised.
After Bozai asks him if he wants to "hang out," Link immediately asks for his Snow Boots. He mocks Link for his "boot thirst that cannot be slaked." While Bozai does not like the idea of being stuck without footwear, he admits that he cannot resist a request from Link in an attempt to win him over.
Bozai tells Link that he will give him the Snow Boots if he is able to surprise him again. He then explains that the Statue of the Eighth Heroine is not holding a sword like the other Seven Heroines are. Bozai believes that the Statue once had a sword and feels that evidence of its existence would be a great surprise.
When Link agrees to go look for it, Bozai says that it could not have been carried off too far. It is likely residing on the steeps of the Gerudo Highlands. Before he finishes speaking, Bozai apologizes that he cannot lend Link his Snow Boots, muttering to himself that he could never find it and will probably come crawling back. Finally, he comments on how headstrong Link is and invites him back for anything besides footwear.
In the Gerudo Highlands, Link can find the Forgotten Sword southwest of the Statue of the Eighth Heroine. It is located on the southeastern section of the Gerudo Summit. After taking a Picture of the Sword with his Sheikah Slate, Link returns to Bozai at the tent.
Bozai once again became worried for Link after a traveler swore he saw him in the Gerudo Highlands as he did not think Link would really go without Snow Boots. To Bozai's shock, Link shows him the picture of the Forgotten Sword. He is surprised that Link was able to traverse the Gerudo Highlands without Snow Boots and wonders just who he is.
Stating that Link risked his life for the Picture, Bozai admits that it would be uncouth of him to break his promise and gives Link his Snow Boots. Although stuck barefoot, Bozai is happy that Link is happy. Before Link ends the conversation, Bozai confesses that all of this has endeared him to Link. He starts to ask Link to go out with him, but Link rejects him. After this, the Side Quest will be complete.
|1||The eighth heroine actually had a sword!|
Bozai may have just made it up, but it seems worth checking out, at least. The sword said to be once held by the eighth heroine is most likely somewhere in the Gerudo Highlands. Show a picture of the eighth heroine's sword to Bozai to get the snow boots.
|Complete||You found the eighth heroine's sword at the summit of the Gerudo Highlands.|
You took a picture of the sword, so Bozai kept his promise and gave you the snow boots.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||忘れられた剣 (Wasurerareta ken)|
|ChineseTR||被遺忘的劍 (Bèi yíwàng de jiàn)|
|Dutch||Het vergeten zwaard|
|German||Das vergessene Schwert|
|Italian||La spada dimenticata|
|Korean||잊혀진 검 (Ityeojin geom)|
|Russian||«Забытый меч» («Zabytyy mech»)|
|SpanishLA||La espada olvidada|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The Forgotten Sword
Gerudo Desert" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "I think I'll just park myself under the tent in front of Gerudo Town and take five. Care to join me later?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "You! You came! I mean, hey, yeah, of course. Figured you'd swing by. Yup. Do the ol' swing-by." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "We didn't get a chance to spend much time together earlier, did we? Whoosh! Total whirlwind! So...wanna hang out?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I want snow boots.] What? You want my snow boots, too?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ha! Well aren't we greedy! Or should I say insatiable for boots. A boot thirst that cannot be slaked!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Adorable. But listen, if I give you these, then I'll have nothing for my feet!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, man,what should I do? THINK, Bozai! Can't put her in a bad mood... OK... Do NOT blow this. Just relax and work a little verbal magic... How could I resist a request from you?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "No lie, you really gave me a surprise earlier...and I love surprises. Surprise me again like that... and I'll give you these snow boots as a surprise present!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "So let me ask you this: Did you notice that the statue of the eighth heroine...isn't actually holding a sword? Pretty weird, right? Seven other heroines, they all have their swords! Suspicious, y'know?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Which leads me to deduce that the eighth heroine must have had a sword as well. Must have! To see that such a sword actually exists, that my deduction is right... There could be no greater surprise!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll go look for it.] What? You're really going?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow, all right, then. The sword would be pretty big, so I doubt it could have been carried off too far." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm betting it's probably somewhere in the steeps of the Gerudo Highlands." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "And the thing is, I can't lend you the snow boots this time. Just can't do it! I'm really sorry." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "No way a normal person can make it through the Gerudo Highlands without good snow boots... She'll probably give up halfway through and come crawling back..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Fine, you win. So headstrong! I love it. I'll just be waiting here, OK? If you ever need me for anything above and beyond footwear, you just come find ol' Bozai anytime!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Y-you! A traveler swore he saw you in the Gerudo Highlands, so I've been gnawing on my fingernails with worry! I mean, all that talk about the sword was just chitchat... I didn't think you'd go up there without snow boots!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Feast your eyes.] WHAAAAAT?! It really exists?!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "And you went searching for it without a decent pair of snow boots... I mean, the Gerudo Highlands are unforgiving. I doubt I could survive there, and I'm burly. Who ARE you?!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah... You did risk your life to fulfill your promise, after all..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "It'd be pretty uncouth of me to drop my end of the bargain. Just a second. I'll take them off..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, now I'm barefoot..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "But if you're happy, then I'm happy!" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "And what's more, this whole episode has endeared you even more to me! Your cutely greedy side. Your sassy, playfully rude side... Your unexpectedly tough side..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Um... Would you... ...g-g-go out... ...w-w-w-with..." — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Not a chance.] Urk... I kind of knew you'd say that... but would it have killed you to let me finish the question?" — Bozai (Breath of the Wild)