Guardian of Time
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
As a young child, Zelda and her mother discovered ancient Sheikah relics while exploring their Kingdom of Hyrule. During this time, Zelda inserted a Blessed Screw into a small Guardian which activated it. With the Guardian active, she gleefully presented it to her mother who was supervising her. It was named Terrako and would play Zelda's Lullaby for Zelda before she went to bed, providing her with comfort. Following the Queen's death, Zelda asked Terrako for reassurance that it wouldn't leave her too. Some time after, her father, King Rhoam, confiscated Terrako from his daughter, seeing it as a distraction from her training.
Many years later, Terrako is seen in a room in Hyrule Castle emerging from a box, at roughly the same time that Zelda's powers awakened in the timeline of Breath of the Wild. As it comes under attack by a Guardian Stalker, it escapes by opening a portal that takes it back in time to before the Great Calamity in an attempt to keep Zelda safe by changing the course of history. Unknown to it, Calamity Ganon sends Malice through the portal, possessing Terrako's then-present self as its vessel, creating Harbinger Ganon.
Link and Impa discover Terrako in a dormant state during "The Battle of Hyrule Field" Scenario, where it is reactivated by Impa's Sheikah Slate and consequently saves them by making a Sheikah Tower rise out of the ground. Terrako then runs off to find Zelda, who no longer remembers it. She notices that the Sheikah Slate reacts to Terrako's presence. Link, Zelda, and Impa take Terrako to Robbie and Purah, who confirm it to be a previously unknown type of Guardian. According to them, it acts as a power amplifier for ancient technology. Additionally, they are able to extract part of its memory, revealing the devastation that will occur if Calamity Ganon is not stopped.
Terrako accompanies Zelda and her allies along their journey to recruit the [[Champions#Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity|]], proving itself to be a faithful ally of the Champion. Zelda notes that it seems to be unusually attached to her, and Impa thinks it sees itself as her knight. When it plays Zelda's Lullaby to calm the princess in one of her moments of despondency, she realizes that she has seen it before a long time ago.
When Zelda is overwhelmed by her perceived failure to awaken her powers in time to prevent the Great Calamity, Terrako plays Zelda's Lullaby again before opening a new set of time portals. These summon Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, and Riju (along with Patricia) from Breath of the Wild's timeline to intervene, preventing the Blight Ganons from killing the Champion like they were supposed to.
After Calamity Ganon is defeated, it is possible to have Terrako as a playable character. This can be achieved by collecting the 50 different Terrako parts.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Diminutive Guardian — Spirit Battle Information
Diminutive Guardian — Spirit Information
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Diminutive Guardian appears as a Support Spirit, first appearing in the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity event on January 8th, 2021. The Diminutive Guardian holds the skill Improved Escape, which allowed for the fighter to escape grabs and stuns more quickly.
- In the opening cutscene of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, the portal opened by Terrako has Sheikah writing around the edges that reads "Gate of Time Open".
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Guardian of Time
An Guardian who has traveled from the future to save Zelda. It was broken in the fight against the Calamity but has now been repaired and reactivated thanks to the effort of Link and the others." — Gallery (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The Diminutive Guardian" — System (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Diminutive Guardian" — Nintendo, [Event] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Nintendo.net, published January 06, 2021, retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "This is from a long time ago. It's a relic I found one day... while mother and I were out exploring." — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Mother! Look, look!" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Nighty night." — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You're not going to leave me too, right, Terrako?" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "As the princess of Hyrule, your sole focus must be on your training." — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The Sheikah Slate conveyed the little Guardian's purpose. This anamalous vistor had traveled from a future of ruin-a time in the midst of the Calamity-to save Princess Zelda." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Huh? Why is this happening?! It's...a tower?" — Impa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hmm... An inexplicable Guardian... ...and a mysterious tower." — Impa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Ah... What is that?" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Impa proposed recuiting Purah and Robbie, renowned researchers of ancient technology, to study the Guardian and investigate the myserious tower that had appared on Hyrule Field. King Rhoam of Hyrule gave his assent." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "This is technology the likes of which I've never laid eyes on! Which means...we've got ourselves a brand-new, never-before-witnessed GUARDIAN MODEL!" — Robbie (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Devices like the Sheikah Slate, which are amplified by the power of such ancient relics, are but a meager fragment of such technology." — Robbie (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I extracted some visual data from the Guardian's memory. (...) Yup, no doubt about it. Hyrule Castle after Calamity Ganon has been revived." — Purah (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Why is it so...attached to me?" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Oh, I see. Our friend believes itself to be a knight as well, in service of the princess." — Impa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That song... (...) I remember you." — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I have...failed... All of Hyrule...my friends...even my own father... It's my fault!" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "When it happened, I could faintly hear a voice calling to me. As I searched for who it was, I suddenly saw my dear sister under attack... My only thought was that I had to help her. Next thing I knew, I was inside Vah Ruta." — Sidon (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That was your doing, wasn't it? Thank you." — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)