Tear of Light
|Tear of Light|
Tears of Light are recurring Items in The Legend of Zelda series. They are light-infused magical teardrops that are scattered around various places. Upon their complete collection, they automatically perform their function whenever they are near something that requires their power.
Locations and Uses
In Twilight Princess, the Tears of Light are stored within the Vessel of Light. They are needed to revive the Spirits of Light and dispel the Twilight to return the land to its light-abundant state. Link can only collect the Tears in wolf form due to them being manifested within Shadow Insects that can only be detected upon the activation of his Wolf Senses. After a Shadow Insect is defeated, it will reveal its Tear of Light within. Commonly, these Shadow Insects exist in pairs, making it easier for Link to locate the Tears. To aid in his search, each Spirit marks the location of each Tear on Link's map. As the game progresses, the distances between their locations and time spent collecting them increases. After filling the Vessel of Light with Tears, Link is immediately transported to the Spirit Spring and the spirit is awakened.
Tears of Light can be found in the Faron Province, the Eldin Province, and in the Lanayru Province. Each province has 16 Tears of Light to be collected, while only 12 must be collected in Twilight Princess HD. However, the Tears of Light can only be found in one province at a time. The Spirit that requires them only marks the Tears on the map that reside within its province.
In Spirit Tracks, each section of the Tower of Spirits contains three Tears of Light that must be collected to power up Link's Sword. Once all three Tears have been obtained, Link can strike a Phantom in the back, which stuns it. Princess Zelda's spirit can then possess the Phantom while it is in this state. After Link obtains the Lokomo Sword, he no longer needs to use the Tears of Light. The Lokomo Sword itself is infused with divine energy, and can allow Zelda to possess Phantoms in the same way Link's previous Sword did.
In the Dark Realm, Tears of Light appear on the Spirit Tracks. If Link passes through one on the Spirit Train, it gains temporary invincibility, as well as a significant speed boost whenever Link blows the whistle. With this upgrade, it is possible to destroy Armored Trains. The Tears of Light here will eventually reappear after being collected.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Larme de lumière|
|FrenchEU||Larme de lumière|
|Italian||Goccia di Luce|
|SpanishEU||Lágrima de la luz|
|SpanishLA||Lágrima de la luz|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 141 (TP | ST)
- "You got the Vessel of Light! It's crucial to collecting the Tears of Light." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Gather...my scattered Tears of Light...that were stolen by shadow... Gather them...in this..." — Eldin (Twilight Princess)
- "When the vessel is full of tears, you can dispel the twilight and return the land to its light-filled state." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "All you have to do is find the dark insects and reclaim all the Tears of Light, right?" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "To see these evils that hold the Tears of Light, use your [X] senses." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "The locations of my scattered Tears of Light are marked on your map...." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
- "The Vessel of Light is full of tears, and light has returned to this area!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "With the last of my power...let me mark your map...with the locations...of the tears that have turned into...shadow insects..." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
- "Vous avez obtenu une larme de lumière! Recueillez-en trois pour doter votre épée du pouvoir sacré." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Vous obtenez une larme de lumière! Rassemblez-en un grand nombre pour chasser le Mal de la tour!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Du hast einen Lichttropfen erhalten! Hast du 3 davon, stürken sie dein Schwert!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Wir brauchen also 3 Tropfen und können sie dann von hinten angreifen..." — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- "Hai ottenuto una Goccia di Luce! Raccogline 3 per dare potere alla tua arma." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Allora... tre Gocce e poi... colpire... la schiena... ce la faremo..." — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Has conseguido una lágrima de la luz! Reúne tres de ellas para imbuir tu espada de poderes sagrados." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "¡Has conseguido una lágrima de la luz! Reúne tres de ellas para que tu espada reciba poderes sagrados." — N/A (Spirit Tracks)