Features and Overview
The Talus Peaks are the largest geographical area in all of Labrynna. Although present in both time eras of the story, Talus Peaks is shown to be receded in the present age; much of the eastern face of past era's Talus Peaks is simply Nuun Highlands in the present era. Traversing the mountain range requires constant time-warping even after short distances, since the landscape shuffles inaccessible points between the two time periods. Symmetry Village, home to the Skull Dungeon, is nestled into the Talus Peaks. Talus Peaks can be accessed from the foothills west of Lynna City, or by crossing the bridge from the Nuun Highlands once it has been built. The Restoration Wall, home to Patch, is also found within the mountain range. Darknuts, Leevers, River Zoras, Moblins and Tektites are all enemies that can be found along the mountain range.
The Talus Lake, found at the very top of the mountains, is the area's only notable landmark. Water can be seen cascading from the Talus Lake, forming pools at various points further down the mountain, finally flowing into one larger pool near the base of the peaks. In the past, there exists a device partway down the mountain that allows Link to direct the flow of the water towards the left or the right, allowing him to navigate the peaks.
The only Human inhabitant of Talus Peaks is Tokkey, a man who is researching a tune that moves time forward. His home is found inside a secret grotto, which Link can access by diving into the Talus Lake and swimming under a rock wall underwater.
Better Bomb Bag
An unnamed red Fairy resides in a pool in the southwestern corner of Talus Peaks in the present. To meet the Fairy, Link must set the flow of water eastward and push the Vine bulb to the western side in the past. Using the Tune of Currents or Tune of Ages to return to the present, he can then climb the Vines up to the pool. A Sign next to it warns not to throw anything into the water. If Link throws in a Bomb and approaches the pool between the two statues, the Fairy appears and asks him whether he threw in a Golden Bomb or a Silver Bomb.
- If Link answers
Golden, the Fairy gives him two opportunities to change his answer. If he re-affirms his lie, the Fairy teaches him a lesson by depleting his Life Energy to a single Heart.
- If Link answers
Silver, the Fairy asks for confirmation only once. It will punish Link for lying by confiscating all his Bombs.
- If Link answers
A regular one, the Fairy rewards his honesty by increasing his Bomb-carrying capacity by 20.
If Link is punished by the Fairy for lying, he must leave the area then return and throw in another Bomb to restart the interaction. The Fairy disappears permanently once it has granted the upgrade.
- The interaction with the Fairy at Talus Peaks was replicated in The Minish Cap with the Great Mayfly Fairy. A Link to the Past first introduced the concept of throwing an item into a Great Fairy's fountain and receiving an upgrade for answering honestly.
- In the past, a citizen of Symmetry Village reports hearing music flowing down from the mountaintops, which in fact comes from Tokkey.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Talus Peaks||Talus Lake|
|EnglishUK||Talus Peaks||Talus Lake|
|Japanese||トロイワ山地 (Toroiwa Sanchi)||トロイワこ (Toroiwa Ko)|
|FrenchEU||Pics Talus||Lac Talus|
|Italian||Vette Talus||Lago Talus|
|SpanishEU||Picos Talu||Lago Talu|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 255
- "Time's flow can change the land." — Owl Statue (Oracle of Ages)
- "I am Tokkey. I research time. After many years of research, I'm one step away from perfecting a tune that lets one move forward in time, but it seems I've hit a roadblock. "Echoes produce waves..." What could it mean?" — Tokkey (Oracle of Ages)
- "Do not throw anything into the water." — Sign (Oracle of Ages)
- "Did you drop a Golden Bomb? Or a Silver Bomb?" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "...Really? A Golden Bomb?" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Really and truly a Golden Bomb???" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Liar! Greed begets sorrow!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "I hope you've learned not to lie." — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "...Really? A Silver Bomb?" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Liar! I'm confiscating your Bombs!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "You are an honest person. I'll increase the number of Bombs you can carry to reward you. Hee-yah!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Did you throw the Golden Bomb into the spring? Or the Silver Bomb?" — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "You're lying, aren't you? As punishment for your lie, I will reduce your number of bombs to zero." — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "You are honest. I must reward such an honest adventurer with some of my power." — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "You are an honest person. I like you. I will give you something important... These are the Silver Arrows. To deal the final stroke to Ganon, you definitely need them! I know I don't quite have the figure of a fairy... Ganon's cruel power is to blame! You must defeat Ganon!" — Cursed Fairy (A Link to the Past, GBA version)
- "Sometimes I hear music flowing down from the mountaintop, but I wonder why." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
|Regions in Oracle of Ages|