No mention of the Tetris DS LoZ levels. Has it been decided it doesn't belong in? I'd write about it, but the only thing I know is that it exists.Axiomist 19:47, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
Why is there two differnt Logo shields? (The one with lines in the top left hand corner and one with another heart in the top left hand corner) BanaBana 15:18, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- I cannot remember --Rapido 16:20, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- The original box had a hole in the top-left square. The 'lines' are from the (gold) cartridge which you can see through the hole. Shona 05:53, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Is the content in the Story section from the manual or something? If it's not, it is ridiculously unencyclopedic and needs to be re-written. If it is in fact from the manual, can someone please provide some sort of sourcing? As it is, it is extremely unprofessional and reads like a casual conversation. — ciprianotalk 03:14, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- It may be indeed from the manual. The Adventure of Link has a similar section named Manual Excerpt (while the Story section is a separated one). --K2L 16:49, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I saw the word "lad" and groaned for a second, but had a similar thought that it might be from the manual. Perhaps it should be put in quotation marks and italicized and then clearly sourced? That way people understand, and we don't plagiarize. --Xizor1429 16:46, 2 February 2011 (EST)
"When Link pays the Old Woman behind the waterfall, she will tell him to go "Up, up, up, the mountaintop." This was corrected to "up, the mountain ahead". This refers to the mountaintop where Link acquires the White Sword." I always thought this was a hint on how to get to dungeon 5. --Xidus 16:49, 12 October 2010 (EDT)
- Huh. Yeah. That dungeon is much closer to that lady than the White sword is and it fits better with that than the sword. So it should be fixed. Matt (Talk) 21:05, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
- The translation about "DIGDOGGER HATES CERTAIN KINDS OF SOUND" is not as odd as it seems. This enemy hates loud sounds so if you play the recorder near it, the enemy becomes more vulnerable. I had always read that it was related to the microphone on the Famicom system but that is actually used on the Pol's Voice. Since the NES didn't have a mic, those enemies were made weak against arrows instead. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Axgryndr 01:44, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
So I'm getting this game now on the 3DS cause apparently Nintendo went off the time zones where it was already September 1st (for example, New Zealand) since it's only just becoming August 31 for me. So I was wondering what we make the release date, August 31, or keep it at September 1? Thanks Jo the Marten4982(Shriek) ಠ_ಠ 09:16, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Mistranslation? Or Trivia?
- "The Old Man is well known for his vagueness in messages. One of his most famous quotations is "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE", indicating the Dodongo's weakness to bombs. Another odd quote is "DIGDOGGER HATES CERTAIN KINDS OF SOUND"."
These aren't mistranslations so much as perfect word-for-word translations of the Japanese text. I'm not so sure the quotes should be under mistranslations unless they're there due to the grammar? I want to suggest moving it to trivia if no one objects. ~ S a r i n i l l i 19:12, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- On second thought, I just amended the description of the section to more obviously include direct translations. Figured that works just as fine. :3 ~ S a r i n i l l i 22:22, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- I think it was probably written like that because it takes up less space in game memory, since the NES is a pretty ancient system and the memory storage was probably pretty small so they had to reduce the amount of words translated to a minimum so it could all fit in the game properly and space-wise. --Vaati The Wind Demon 00:35, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
Does anyone here think that Nintendo should make a remake of the original The Legend of Zelda on the Wii U with gameplay like Ocarina of Time? Barr1213 03:40, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
Found Artwork for this Game I haven't Seen on the Wiki
image in question I haven't seen this artwork on here and thought I'd bring it up. It looks legit, like official art work from the Japanese manual from the first game. I don't know what upload image rules regarding older games are, so I didn't want to upload it without knowing if it is legit or not. Ixbran (talk) 06:46, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
"Hyrule Fantasy" Disambiguation?
I was thinking of a way to refer to this particular game without potential for confusion with the series proper. I propose referring to this game as "The Legend of Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy" or simply "The Hyrule Fantasy" (THF) as a means of disambiguation. I'd advise better counter-arguments than just "we've done it this way for too long" or simply "No." Please defend your disagreement better than that. --Mugen Kagemaru 20:52, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- "The Hyrule Fantasy" is not a name in the English canon and cannot be used. The name used in English takes precedence. - TonyT S C 00:46, 18 November 2016 (UTC)