Can we say for sure it is Ganondorf? I'm 99.99999....% sure he is it, but on the other side i would have said the same for The Demon Train of Spirit tracks after the first trailers... --User:Soran (talk) 00:58, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- Now that you mention that, I don't think we have a reference that it's Ganondorf. I'll go ask some others to see if we can pull any sources up and if not we can remove it. Thanks for the notice! — 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟎 (𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠) 01:40, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
Is there any reason for Sequel to be capitalized? Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a placeholder name, not a title, and it's not capitalized in the trailer. CasualSunGod42 (talk) 19:42, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Well, it isn't being treated as a title, since "Sequel" isn't italicized on the page or our templates. But for now, "Sequel to Breath of the Wild" is a term as far the wiki's operation goes. You are correct that the word "Sequel" ought to not be capitalized, and it wouldn't be, if "The" were part of the term. And "The" is not part of the term because it's not an actual title.
- I know, it's kind of a circular reasoning, but it is based on our established policies. Hopefully soon, we'll get a proper title and won't need to worry about it anymore. Htwretched (talk) 22:13, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Just in case it wasn't clear, I was referring to name use in pages, not in titles. For example, I think the main description of the game's page should read "The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an upcoming game..." rather than "The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an upcoming game..." However, I was concerned that this would go against wiki policy since I couldn't find anything on placeholder game titles. Thanks for your help! CasualSunGod42 (talk) 13:37, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying, and I agree with that example of the main description. One thing I've learned in my short time on staff here is that the folks in charge take standardized formatting very seriously (so if it hadn't already been discussed, it would be, since you brought it up), and this case happens to fall into capitalizing the "Sequel". It's also unique in that I don't believe we've had any placeholder titles before that weren't speculative, like "Zelda Wii U" from 2012 to 2016. Htwretched (talk) 22:04, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
Under hyrule castle?
There doesn’t actually seem to be any evidence that the underground sequence actually takes place under the castle. There are several instances of events in the previous game affecting distant locations (activation of the towers for instance) and trailers sometimes show unrelated events together as well.