We've only got details on two games here, and neither one of them follows the description in the lede. It says they spontaniously explode when Link plays a musical instrument but this is not the case in either of the games we have details for. I have not played the others.
--Rootbeer277 16:53, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- I also have no idea why the general information says their only weakness are bombs, when right below it says that they can be defeated with arrows and a sword. I'm not sure about the recording part being true, but I thought that was just a rumor... Dany36 19:51, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
If these things are said to be ghosts in the manual, shouldn't they be categorized under Ghost Enemies, and not Mammalian? Mata Nui
- Well? Anyone? Mata Nui
Original Zelda Japanese re-releases
So, I've been looking into how Pols Voice is handled in Japanese re-releases. Other than 3DS VC and GBA, I can't find much info. For the VC releases at least, it should be listed in the Japanese manual. If you have any info about this, I'm very interested.
I've listed what I've read about each re-release. Entries in bold I'm certain about, otherwise take it as uncertain. Here are the
- FDS: Controller 2 mic
- Famicom: Controller 2 mic
- Collector's Edition: none (player must use sword)
- GBA: Press Select 4 times
- Wii VC: depends on controller
- Wii Remote: ???
- Classic Controller: rotate right stick
- GameCube Controller: rotate C stick
- 3DS VC: Change to Controller 2, use mic
- Wii U VC: GamePad mic
- Famicom Classic Mini: Controller 2 mic
- Nintendo Switch Online:
- All controllers: L + ZL or R + ZR
- Famicom controller: Microphone