|This page is for discussing the Main Page. It is not for general questions or encyclopedic content.|
|To report problems, ask wiki-related questions, or propose changes to the wiki, click here.|
|To discuss a specific article, please visit that article's talk page.|
|To discuss Zelda in general or theorize, please visit the Zelda board on the Zelda Universe Forums.|
Spin-Offs: Hyrule Warriors section
I feel at this point Hyrule Warriors should probably have its own section within the spin-offs category on the front page, like the Tingle, BSX and CD-i games. It's 3 games already and kinda its own sub series. I'd do it but, you know, front page is locked. — ZeroELEC (talk) 18:00, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- Personally, I disagree. Hyrule Warriors isn't a sub-series, it's a single game with 2 ports that added new content. It doesn't really deserve a separate section. User:Link Lab/sig 18:49, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thing is, we still list all the Hyrule Warriors series games as separate icons in the main page within the "Spin-Offs" section. Half of the uncategorised games there are Hyrule Warriors games. While they may not be a sub-series, they could easily be grouped together, especially now that there's 3 releases there. — ZeroELEC (talk) 19:43, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
- We list all remakes (or expanded ports) separately to the game they are a remake of. Half of the uncategorized games were releases of Hyrule Warriors before we added the Definitive Edition as well (granted, we should've added My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess before that). I don't see why either of those justifies creating a separate group for one game, even if it has 3 releases listed. User:Link Lab/sig 16:24, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
Reopen Zeldapedia on Fandom
This wiki is vastly inferior than Zeldapedia on Fandom. There are many outdated articles, less details of in-game topics and many blank information (like item locations). I don't know why Fandom had to 'merge' their wiki with Gamepedia. This isn't merging, this is forcing users to move here. Why can't they keep both wikis? Cryinglighting (talk) 09:20, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hey, there. I was a bureaucrat over at Zeldapedia and helped organize the merge here to Zelda Wiki. Let me assure you that no one was forced into anything – we actually held a large community discussion that culminated in a vote; the community of Zeldapedia overwhelmingly voted to merge with Zelda Wiki.
I'm genuinely unsure why you think ZW is inferior; it was pretty well-known, even among the few ZP editors remaining, that ZW was and is superior to Zeldapedia. If anything, there are more details, fewer outdated articles, and a larger and more dedicated editor base.
Gamepedia and Fandom are one now, like it or not, and it's best to accept that and move on. There's no purpose in having two Zelda wikis on what will be one unified platform; not to mention this wiki will eventually migrate to Fandom's UCP. – Ceiling Master (talk) 13:52, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
Sequel to Breath of the Wild Ganon?
In the the trailer for Botw 2 really Ganon? In Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Astor an evil character has an eye in the middel of his forhead just like "Ganon." This is just a theory! —Preceding unsigned comment added by M.c.magic2008 17:39, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
- Zelda Wiki is an encyclopedia, not a discussion forum or a repository for theories. We recommend that you visit the Zelda Universe forums to chat about the games, and you're welcome to join our Discord server if you'd like to talk to other members here or discuss contributing to this site! Htwretched (talk) 01:10, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
Link to the Past GBA Tile
Is it possible to add a Link to the Past & Four Swords Tile into the Remakes section of the Main page? I noticed that this game is absent, despite being a remake on the same magnitude of WWHD and TPHD which are there. It did add a new dungeon and many new changes, so I would say that its not a port, but a remake, which should warrant a tile for it. I know FS has a tile on the main series section, but that doesn't mean the aLttp remake shouldn't also have one. Gallery:A Link to the Past has artwork from the GBA remake that could be used for the tile, such as the Geldman picture.