The Takkuri in Majora's Mask is a large bird that flies around the entrance to Milk Road in Termina Field. As it sees Link, it swoops down and attacks him. If the Takkuri makes a successful hit, it will make Link drop various items such as Rupees, Bombs, and Arrows. After he obtains the Hero's Bow, the Takkuri is able to steal other items such as an empty Bottle or even his Sword. The bird will then fly away to Clock Town with the item. The Takkuri works with the Man from Curiosity Shop, and as such, stolen items such as a Bottle and the Sword can later be bought back at the Curiosity Shop.
The Takkuri has high health, taking about 12 regular Arrows or six Magic Arrows of any kind to defeat it; however, if Link is successful in defeating the bird, he will receive a Rupee worth 200 Rupees. Defeating the Takkuri is made easier on Epona, where it cannot hurt Link. Wearing the Stone Mask makes Link undetectable by the Takkuri, and prevents it from stealing his items. If Link plays the "Song of Time" to reset back to the dawn of the First Day, any items lost or stolen by the Takkuri will be recovered.
The Minish Cap
|Crow & Takkuri (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
Crow & Takkuri
|Appears in various areas.|
The black one is Crow. If you touch
Takkuri, he will steal Rupees from
you, so be careful!
Takkuri in The Minish Cap are nearly identical to Crows, but are red rather than black. They try to steal Link's Rupees and can be found in the Royal Valley. One Takkuri will swoop down and steal the Graveyard Key from Link after he obtains it from Dampé. In order to retrieve the Key and progress to the Royal Crypt, Link must use the Pegasus Boots and dash into the Tree where the Takkuri is roosting.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||タックリー (Takkurī)||From ひったくり (Hittakuri), a purse snatcher|
|German||Pickra||Portmanteau of "picken" (to pick) and "rabe" (raven)|
- The Takkuri is referred to as the Takkuri Bird in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in-game, it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 208 (MM | MM3D | TMC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide (Versus Books) pg. 22
- "It's a Takkuri. Run! This bird steals your items! C'mon! What are you doing just standing around?!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "What are you doing?!? Didn't your bottle just get stolen?!?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "What are you doing?!? Didn't your sword just get stolen?!?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Cool Bottle: 20 Rupees Isn't it nice? Put anything in it. Brand new, too." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Nice Sword: 100 Rupees Just got this sword in. It's a deal. I kid you not." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Good Sword: 50 Rupees You don't have a sword, buddy. At this price, this one's a steal. Heh-heh..." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "You bought back the Great Fairy's Sword that was stolen from you! From now on, be more aware of birds when you're strolling down the road..." — N/A (Majora's Mask)