Takama Shiri Shrine
|Takama Shiri Shrine|
The interior of the Takama Shiri Shrine
Entrance to the Shrine
The Takama Shiri Shrine is found in the West Barrens of the Gerudo Desert as part of the Main Quest, "EX Champion Urbosa's Song". Link can access the Shrine by Sand-Seal Surfing through a series of blue rings across the West Barrens in a certain amount of time. The first blue ring can be found northwest of Gerudo Town near Essa and a group of wild Sand Seals. Link can either grab a wild Sand Seal or rent a trained Sand Seal from Essa in exchange for Rupees. While Sand Seal Surfing through the blue rings, Link is attacked by several Electric Lizalfos. Once Link successfully Sand Seal Surfs through all of the blue rings in time, the Takama Shiri Shrine will rise from beneath the ground nearby. Upon entering the Shrine, Link is offered the trial by the Monk, Takama Shiri.
In the Shrine, Link finds several metal cubes and platforms attached to rails that he can slide back and forth using Magnesis. Throughout the Shrine, Link must connect electrical circuits by moving the metal objects to the correct spot. Doing so will activate Switches that open gates to the next room. Link cannot stand on the metal objects while current flows through them without being electrocuted unless he wears the full Rubber Set. Link can make his way to the end of the room on non-conducting metal objects before completing the puzzle to avoid getting electrocuted. In the third room, Link can activate a Switch that leads to a Treasure Chest containing a Royal Bow. After solving the third room, Link gains access to the final room of the Shrine, where he meets the Monk Takama Shiri, who commends his resourcefulness and rewards him with a Naboris's Emblem. The Monk then tells Link to collect all three of Naboris's Emblems to reveal a new challenge. If this is the first Shrine Link visits of the three in the "EX Champion Urbosa's Song" Quest, the Monk tells Link that two Shrines remain. If it is the second Shrine he visits, the Monk will tell him that one remains. If it is the third and final Shrine he visits, the Monk will tell him to go to Divine Beast Vah Naboris.
- "Takama Shiri Shrine
Dual Purpose" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Takama Shiri. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of the hero." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this gift... Naboris's Emblem." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "Collect three emblems to open the path to a new challenge." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "Two remain..." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "One remains..." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that you have collected three emblems, you must go to Divine Beast Vah Naboris..." — Takama Shiri (Breath of the Wild)