Location and Uses
The Tail Key is found in a Treasure Chest located in the Mysterious Woods. At first, Link can not access it, as the forest is looping over itself due to Tarin being transformed into a Raccoon. Link must sprinkle Magic Powder on Tarin to return him to his human form, thus preventing the forest to loop and being able to access the Treasure Chest located to the north.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Wurmschlüssel (LANS)||Worm Key|
|Italian||Chiave della coda (LANS)||Tail key|
|SpanishEU||Llave tail (LANS)||Tail Key|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Tail Key is also referred to as the Tail Cave Key in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, as the in-game name takes precedence, it is not considered Canon.
- "Pick the Sleepy Toadstool and have the Witch use it to make Magic Powder, then return to the Raccoon and sprinkle Magic Powder on it. You'll find that it was really Tarin, who had been under a mysterious spell. Now, when you head north, you'll find a path that will lead you to the Tail Key." (The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc. & Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.) pg. 25)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 140(LA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 26
- "Heh heh heh ho! You're goin' ta be lost, thanks to me! Heh heh! " — Tarin (Link's Awakening DX)