Symmetry Village, also known as Symmetry City in the present, is a village in the northeastern mountains of Labrynna, in Oracle of Ages. The most prominent feature of the village is its symmetric design, creating a perfect mirror image over the y-axis.
As its name would suggest, the entire village is symmetrical, and each inhabitant of the village has their own twin. In the village lies an active volcano, inside of which the Skull Dungeon, home to the fourth Essence of Time can be found. Inside the Middle House, which serves as the town hall for the village, lies the Tuni Nut, the village's sacred symbol that holds the village in balance.
In search of the fourth Essence of Time, Link travels to the Nuun Highlands where a bridge crosses over to the Talus Peaks where the city is found. However, the bridge will not be built upon Link's arrival. At the request of Mutoh, the head carpenter, Link gathers up all the workers on break, with the help of his animal companion (either Ricky, Moosh, or Dimitri, depending on certain choices Link has made on his adventures). The workers will then build the bridge, allowing Link to enter the city.
When Link arrives in Symmetry City for the first time, he finds the city in ruins, infested with Podoboo Towers. Link then travels to the past to Symmetry Village to find the cause of the problem, at which point he notices the volcano inside the village erupting, wreaking havoc upon it. He then learns that the Tuni Nut, the village's sacred symbol, has broken. This causes instability in the village, thus erupting the volcano. To restore balance to the village, Link must bring the Tuni Nut to Patch atop Restoration Wall to have it fixed. Once the nut is fixed and placed on its pedestal in the Middle House, peace will return to the village. The volcano becomes inactive, and the present-day Symmetry City will no longer be in ruins. In the present, the raging volcano is replaced by a waterfall, parted in the middle by the entrance to Skull Dungeon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Regions in Oracle of Ages|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 111 (OoA)
- "The Tuni Nut is the city's symbol." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- "Tuni Nut: The nut that balances all." — Inventory (Oracle of Ages)
- "Those lazy, worthless fools! Just as we're buildin' this bridge to the Symmetry City Ruins, they go off on break! I wait and I wait, but they don't come back!" — Mutoh (Oracle of Ages)
- "When the Tuni Nut broke, the city fell out of balance, and the volcano started erupting." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- "A guru named Patch lives at the top of Restoration Wall. I think he can fix the broken Tuni Nut, but I could never climb that wall." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- "Huh? The cave entrance? It was covered by lava from the volcano long ago! Maybe if the volcano calms down, you may be able to get in." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)