During The Minish Cap, Vaati wins the Tournament in record time, using the opportunity of the award ceremony to shatter the Picori Blade, causing the evil it had sealed away in the Bound Chest to return and plague Hyrule.
- In the Japanese version of The Minish Cap, the Sword-Fighting Tournament is simply called a "martial arts competition". The term "martial arts" refers to a wide variety of armed and weaponless fighting styles around the world, including sword-fighting.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||武術大会 (Bujutsu Taikai)||Martial Arts Competition|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "I'm just on my way back from seeing the tournament at Hyrule Castle. Let me tell you! Watching all those sword fights made me hungry!" — Hylian (The Minish Cap)
- "Say, wasn't there going to be a sword-fighting tournament at the castle? I wonder who won this year..." — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoever wins the competition wins the honor of touching the sacred blade." — Minister Potho (The Minish Cap)
- "The winner this year was a new face. I've been wondering where he's from. He used some incredible techniques and won the whole tourney in record time!" — Gepper (The Minish Cap)
- "Do not interfere with me... As victor, I've earned the right to approach the Picori Blade... I've been waiting for this moment!" — Vaati (The Minish Cap)
- "All of these self trained swordsmen have won the fighting tournament at the Picori Festival before. They see great potential in Link." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "The king of Hyrule. Reported to have been a fine swordsman, he appeared in the Picori Festival tournament as a youth and fought to a draw with Smith." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "そういえば お城で 武術大会が あったわね 今年は どんな人が 優勝したのかしら?" — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)