|Habitat(s)||All dungeons (MM)|
East Clock Town (day) (MM)
Laundry Pool (night) (MM)
Fairies' Woods (OoA)
Chambers of Insight (FS)
Stray Fairies,(MM | FS) also known as Forest Fairies,(OoA) are recurring representations of portions of a shattered Great Fairy in The Legend of Zelda series. In a region where a Great Fairy lay at the mercy of her Stray Fairies, they will appear individually and often at hard-to-reach heights or inside Treasure Chests. The collection of all the Stray Fairies in a region will facilitate the resurrection of said Great Fairy, upon returning them to their respective Fairy Fountain.
In Majora's Mask, the five Great Fairies have been split into pieces by the Skull Kid, who is under the influence of Majora's Mask. Link must gather them up and take them to the shrine to heal the Great Fairy, who will aid him in his quest to save Termina.
The first Great Fairy in Termina is found in North Clock Town, and only one Stray Fairy is missing. It is found in the Laundry Pool in the daytime and in East Clock Town at night. When healed, she either gives Link the Magic Meter or the Great Fairy Mask, depending whether he is Deku Link or his normal self.
The other Great Fairy Fountains are in the four cardinal directions, where each Great Fairy is missing fifteen Stray Fairies that can be found in that area's dungeon. Each time a Great Fairy is healed for the first time, she rewards Link with a helpful item or an upgrade.
The color of the Stray Fairies depend on the Fountain they belong to:
East Clock Town
|Magic Power |
Great Fairy Mask
|Woodfall Temple (MM)
Snowhead Temple (MM3D)
|Super Spin Attack|
|Snowhead Temple (MM)
Woodfall Temple (MM3D)
|Doubled Magic Meter|
|Great Bay Temple||
|Stone Tower Temple||Yellow||Great Fairy's Sword|
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, red, blue, and orange friendly but mischievous Forest Fairies have the power to jumble up the topography of the Fairies' Woods as they see fit in Labrynna's present. Link must locate the three Fairies in a Hide-and-Seek game to be granted access to the Wing Dungeon. When Link is successful, the Fairies straighten out the Woods, allowing the young hero to reach the dungeon.
If the original Oracle of Seasons file is linked to Oracle of Ages, after Link talks to the Stray Fairy in the rubble of the Wing Dungeon, the Heart Ring L-1 can be found in a secret room behind the waterfall of the Temple of Seasons.
- Symbols that appear on the Warp Zones in the Chambers of Insight from Four Swords and the Jabber Nuts from The Minish Cap slightly resemble the head of Stray Fairies.
- There are 25 Stray Fairies for each Great Fairy in Majora's Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Fée perdue (MM3D)||Lost fairy|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 244(MM) & 263(FS)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 212 (OoA)
- "Young one! Please hear my plea! I have been broken and shattered to pieces by the masked Skull Kid." — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- "Scattered about the four temples of this land are Stray Fairies like myself. Please, somehow find the Stray Fairies and return them to their fountains. Surely, they too will add to your strength." — Great Fairy (Majora's Mask)
- "This is our playground! Won't you play hide 'n' seek? If you can't find the three of us, you can't go on! We'll hide, so try to find us!" — Forest Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "When each of you stands on a red warp zone, all will be transported to another floor, where you will learn about many items. Begin by standing on the warp zones ahead." — Stray Fairy (Four Swords)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 244