Features and Overview
This particular Statue of the Goddess is the largest and most prominent mark of religion in Skyloft, made in honor of the goddess Hylia. It is located on the Isle of the Goddess, which is connected with the island housing the Knight Academy and the Sparring Hall through a wooden staircase. The statue depicts the goddess Hylia, who raised Skyloft from the Surface into the heavens in order to save the humans and protect the sacred Triforce from Demise. The ritual after the Wing Ceremony takes place at the top of the statue, wherein the winner playing the role of the chosen hero and the maiden playing the role of the goddess offer the Bird Statuette to the goddess.
The Goddess Sword was located inside the Chamber of the Sword for many years, watched over by a select few, including the Headmaster of the Knight Academy, while waiting for the hero chosen by the goddess Hylia to arrive. Subsequently it is also the home of Fi, the spirit who exists inside the sword. It also contains a small carving where Link can place the three stone tablets: The Amber Tablet, the Ruby Tablet, and the Emerald Tablet, which each reveal a rift in the clouds leading to the location of one of the three provinces on the Surface.
Around the Statue of the Goddess is a small path occupied by monsters and is where Fi guides Link through when first leading him to the Goddess Sword. Hidden under the Statue of the Goddess is the final dungeon of the game, the Sky Keep, from where Link can access the areas of the Silent Realm where the Triforce is located.
When Link obtains the Triforce and wishes for Demise to be destroyed, the Statue of the Goddess and the Isle of The Goddess in which it was located on break off of Skyloft and descend toward the surface, landing in the Sealed Grounds and destroying Demise in the present. It fits perfectly into place in the Sealed Grounds from where it was taken, completing the previously damaged entrance to the Temple of Hylia.
Breath of the Wild
Either of these could have been the statue from Skyloft, as the Skyloft statue was near the Temple of Hylia, which became Ocarina of Time's Temple of Time, and the statue at the Forgotten Temple is stated to be the oldest known statue in Hyrule.
The Statue of the Goddess appears as part of the Skyloft stage in Hyrule Warriors. The interior of its pedestal serves as a base for the Skyloft Forces. In Land in the Sky, Fi calls Link to this base, and when he arrives, she joins Link's group.
Super Smash Bros.
The Statue of the Goddess appears as part of the Skyloft stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which also returns in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The stage features a moving platform which lands in different areas of Skyloft, including the top of the statue.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||女神像 (Megamizou)||Goddess Statue|
|FrenchCA||Statue de la Déesse||Statue of the Goddess|
|Italian||Statua della Dea||Statue of the Goddess|
|SpanishLA||Efigie de la Diosa||Effigy of the Goddess|
- The edited sprite for the Trophy in The Adventure of Link is posed similarly to this statue, and though their Japanese names use different characters, "Megami Zō" is how they are both read.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 34 (SS)
- "As you well know, today's champion will graduate to the next class, bringing him one step closer to knighthood. He will also receive a gift from the young woman chosen to play the role of the goddess in this year's ritual. Today is a special day for many reasons, but it is also the 25th anniversary of our fine institution. To celebrate the occasion, today's champion shall also receive his gift high atop the Statue of the Goddess. I hear the young woman performing the role of the goddess this year has crafted the gift herself. And as you all well know, the role of the goddess this year will be performed by..." — Owlan (Skyward Sword)
- "Great goddess, guiding light and protector of our people, grant us your blessing and mercy as I act in your stead during this ceremony.Valiant youth who grasped victory at the celebration of the bird folk... In accordance with the old ways... I now bestow the blessings of the goddess upon you. The blessings of the goddess drift down from the heavens aloft a sail, which I now pass on to you." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "Link! I've had my suspicions, but until now I wasn't sure. Yet here we are in the Chamber of the Sword, the very place where it was foretold the youth of legend would one day appear." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "It is said that this place was left to our people by the goddess herself. The very knowledge of this room's existence is a secret passed down to a select few each generation, along with a handful of words... When the light of the goddess's sword shines bright, the great apocalypse will wake from its long slumber. Do not fear, for it is then that a youth, guided by my hand, shall reveal himself in a place most sacred" — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "Oral tradition, one of the least reliable methods of information retention and transmission. It appears that critical sections of the passage have been lost over the generations. The youth who draws forth the guiding sword shall be known as the goddess's chosen hero, and it is he who possesses an unbreakable spirit. He shall be burdened with the task of abolishing the shadow of apocalypse from the land. Such is his destiny. With the spirit of the blade at his side, he shall soar over the clouds and plummet below... ...And united with the spirit maiden, shall bring forth a piercing light that resurrects the land." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I am known as Fi... Please step up to the pedestal and draw the sword." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The one chosen by my creator. I have been waiting for you. You will play a role in a great destiny.According to your social customs, I should provide you with my personal designation. Fi is the name I was given. I was created for a single purpose, long before the recorded memory of your people. I must aid you in fulfilling the great destiny that is your burden to carry." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Come, Link. You must take up this sword. As the one chosen by my creator, it is your destiny.The strange dreams troubling your sleep. My sudden appearance. Uncertainty surrounding the fate of one you hold dear. Under the circumstances, it is only logical that you would exhibit some apprehension. To minimize your uncertainty, allow me to share some information. My projections indicate that this information has a high probability of altering your current emotional state.The one you seek, honorable Zelda, is still alive.And this spirit maiden...the one you call Zelda...is another chosen one fated to be part of the same great mission. Therefore, should you wish to meet with your friend, I highly recommend you take up this sword before you set out to search for her." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "In the name of my creator, draw the sword and raise it skyward." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, the first thing you must do is hit the crest sitting in this room with a Skyward Strike. These blasts are formed of pure energy that charges within your blade when you lift it skyward. Once you have charged your blade, face the crest and swing your sword to send out a powerful Skyward Strike. Master Link, it is done. Until now, a cloud barrier created by the goddess has separated the world you know from the one below. The tablet you placed in the altar has opened a small rift in the cloud barrier. You can use it to travel through the clouds to the realm below. I have recognized you as my master, and so it is my duty to follow you wherever you may go." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A report, Master Link. My calculations indicate an 85% chance that the structure you uncovered houses the Triforce. Given this development, I project that the moment for Zelda to fulfill her destiny and bring an end to Demise is close at hand." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Link, I bring news. I have confirmed that the Isle of the Goddess, which was formerly a part of Skyloft, has returned to the surface. Furthermore, I have detected the successful eradication of Demise. Your prayers to the Triforce have been heard." — Fi (Skyward Sword)