|Location||Bank of Wishes|
|"Divine Beast Vah Ruta"|
After calming Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Link can find Finley on the Bank of Wishes with her Love Letter. She asks the Letter to carry her thoughts. When she notices Link, Finley asks him if he also has a wish for the water fairy, but she realizes this is not the case since he does not have a letter. Therefore, she deduces that Link must be a servant to the water fairy.
If Link confirms her thoughts, Finley dismisses it and tells him not to make fun of her because she is cute. Since he is a traveler, Finley asks Link to follow her Love Letter and find out who picks it up, as she would like to know. She can not go herself, since she promised her mother she would not stray too far from Zora's Domain.
Finley begs Link to find the person who picks up the Love Letter. Once he agrees, Finley prepares to throw the Letter into the Zora River and asks if he is ready. She informs Link that the container holding the Love Letter breaks easily, so he should be careful handling it.
The Love Letter is cast into Zora River, and so Link is tasked with keeping it safe on its journey. On its path are enemies that may destroy it, which Link must either defeat or avoid. The Letter can also get stuck at several points along the River, which similarly must be destroyed or avoided.
Eventually, the Love Letter will arrive at the camp of Sasan at the mouth of the River, who asks Link if he has ever been to Zora's Domain. He asks how far it is from his camp, and when he hears that it is, he introduces himself. On his way to Zora's Domain, he caught sight of Finley's first love letter, and since then, he has been sending letters back to her via travelers.
Sasan asks Link if he was following the Love Letter, revealing that he lied about his appearance in his own replies. Though he wants to meet Finley, if he does so now, she would figure out his lie. At Link's encouragement, Sasan finds the motivation to go see her. On his journey to Zora's Domain, Sasan hopes to train up his muscles.
After Sasan leaves his camp, Link can head to Zora's Domain to find him. He and Finley both recognize him, They thank Link for bringing them together, and they give him a Gold Rupee as a reward. Finley encourages Sasan to work out and build up his muscles, which he agrees to. With this, the Side Quest ends.
|1||Follow the letter down the river without losing sight of it, and find out who receives it. The letter's casing is fragile, so take care when pursuing it downstream.|
If you lose sight of the letter, return to Finley to try again.
|2||It turns out that Sasan picked up the message. He's heading to Zora's Domain to meet Finley now.|
If you want to see what happens, you should get to Zora's Domain too...
|Complete||Sasan arrived safely at Zora's Domain and met with Finley. Your part in the matter is concluded, though it remains to be seen whether Sasan can put on the muscle Finley hopes for.|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||メッセージボトルの行方 (Messēji botoru no yukue)|
|ChineseSI||信息瓶的行踪 (Xìnxī píng de xíngzōng)|
|ChineseTR||訊息瓶的行踪 (Xùnxí píng de xíngzōng)|
|FrenchEU||Le destinataire de la lettre|
|Italian||Il messagio in bottiglia|
|Korean||메시지 물병의 행방 (Mesiji mulbyeongui haengbang)|
|Russian||«Письмо в бочке» («Pisʹmo v bochke»)|
|SpanishLA||Carta en una botella|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Special Delivery
Bank of Wishes" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Carry my thoughts...to him..." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Do you have a wish for the water fairy too?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh... I suppose not. If you did, you'd have a letter to send." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "But wait, does that mean you're... a servant of the water fairy?!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "That can't possibly be so... Please don't make fun of me just because I'm a cute girl." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you're a traveler, that's lucky for me! OH, WOW! If that's the case, I have an important request for you." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Once I release it, I'd like you to follow my love letter and get to know whoever picks it up. Once you do that, please report back to me so I can find out what kind of person he is..." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "Why not just go yourself, lazy girl?!" I'm right, aren't I? The thing is, I promised my mother I wouldn't venture out too far." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "So I'm begging you. Please... Find the person who picks up this letter. OK?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Fine...] Tee hee! Thank you! Excellent! OK, I'm going to throw the letter in now! Are you ready?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "These letter containers break easily, so please be careful." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I can't see the letter.] You lost sight of my love letter, didn't you?" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Luckily, I thought something like that might happen, so I made an extra." — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sorry for the random question, but have you ever been to Zora's Domain?" — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "I see... Is it far from here?" — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "[It's a long ways.] I see... Oh! Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I am Sasan, the traveling merchant." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was on my way to Zora's Domain... but a love letter in this inlet caught my eye. The writer seems to be a lovely Zora named Finley." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've been corresponding with her by giving my replies to travelers heading to Zora's Domain." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "So...you were following this letter?" — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm, so she asked you to come down here and see what kind of person I am. Is that it? Well, earlier I lied when I wrote to her that I was a buff traveler. She said she wanted to meet me, but..." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Even though I'm dying to meet her, I can't do it. I've really blow it. If I had known this would happen—that I'd fall for her—I never would've lied..." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Love reigns supreme.] Love reigns supreme... Hmm. I suppose it does. Ya know, hearing that does make me feel a little better. OK! It's time for me to take a chance and try to meet her..." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "She's waiting in Zora's Domain. That's what her letter says, anyway. So I'll achieve two goals at the same time and train up my muscles on the way there! I'll get super beefy! Yeah, that's the ticket! I'll run all the way to the domain! Catch ya later!" — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "We'll meet again at Zora's Domain—I'm sure of it!" — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It's you! Hey, Sasan! This is the guy who made sure my letter reached you safely!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It's you! As you can see, I somehow made it to Zora's Domain." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks to you, I managed to work up the courage to finally meet Finley. At least, that's how I see it." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you so much for introducing me to my soul mate!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sasan and I discussed it, and we decided we just HAD to thank you the next time we saw you. So here... This is from both of us. Thank you for everything!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sasan! Be sure to swim and climb and lift and stuff. A LOT. That will help you build up those muscles you promised me!" — Finley (Breath of the Wild)
- "As you wish...my darling... I'll try my best..." — Sasan (Breath of the Wild)