The Common Sparrow in Breath of the Wild
Sparrows are a type of Bird found throughout Hyrule Kingdom. They are registered within the Hyrule Compendium under six different sub species, those being Common, Red, Blue, Rainbow, Sand, and Golden. All sparrow are small in size and will flee from Link if they spot him. They drop a Chickaloo Tree Nut when killed.
Types of Sparrows
- Main article: Common Sparrow
Common Sparrows are green in color, with a light orange chest and white underbelly. They are the most common sub spot sparrow and live in grasslands, forest, and occasionally in villages. They are omnivores and eat a diet of nuts and insects.
- Main article: Red Sparrow
Red Sparrows are herbivorous birds that live in the Hebra province, consuming a diet of nuts and wild plants. They are deep grey in color with a white chest, and bright red face from which they presumably get their name. These red facial feathers are often used by Hylians for decorations.
- Main article: Blue Sparrow
As their name implies, Blue Sparrows are blue in color with a lighter underbelly, a white chin and yellow cheeks. They are most commonly found by the watersides of the Lanayru province, bathing in the shallows and eating the leaves of the plants that grow there.
- Main article: Rainbow Sparrow
The most colorful of all the sparrow and a favorite among dilettantes, Rainbow Sparrows have purple bodies, a red head, a green underbelly and a pink and cream neck. They can be found in the Faron province, where they consume an omnivorous diet of nuts and small, rainforest insects.
- Main article: Sand Sparrow
Well adapted to the hot, arid climate of the Gerudo Desert, Sand Sparrows are known to burry themselves in the sand as a means of avoiding predators.  They are largely dark gray in color with a white underbelly, red head and orange cheeks.
- Main article: Golden Sparrow
Much like other birds found throughout the hot and volcanic Eldin region, Golden Sparrows have evolved heat resistant feathers to cope with the harsh climate. In appearance they are largely gray in color with a white underbelly and golden head, from which they get their name. They are insectivores and live off of small insects they find hidden in rocks.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Their diet consists of nuts and small insects." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "These small birds live in the Hebra region and eat mainly nuts and wild plants." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Their bright-red feathers are often used as decorations." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "They get most of their food from leaves and plants that grow near water. If it's safe enough, they can be spotted bathing in puddles or shallow rivers." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "As the name suggests, their feathers are more colorful than other sparrows', which has made them a favorite among dilettantes." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "They feed on small rain-forest insects, but the omnivore in them loves nuts as well." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sometimes they can be spotted half-buried in the sand, hiding perfectly still as a means of evading predators." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Their down is resilient to burning, an evolutionary trait produced by the harsh volcanic environment." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "They subsist on small insects that hide inside rocks." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)