- Not to be confused with the "Song of Awakening"
Learning Location and Uses
The "Sonata of Awakening", originally known only by the Deku Royal Family, is a special melody played on the Deku Pipes. The captured Monkey in the Deku Palace teaches it to Link after the young hero reaches him from the Inner Palace Garden entrance. By playing the sonata, one has the ability to wake anything that is asleep, such as a Deku Scrub.
The "Sonata of Awakening" is needed to enter Woodfall Temple by making it rise from the depths of Woodfall. Later on, when Link reaches the Ikana Graveyard, he must play this melody to Captain Keeta in order to wake him up and race with him to receive the Captain's Hat. With the exceptions of playing it for Captain Keeta and for the sleeping Deku Scrub in the Swamp Spider House, the song only works if Link is wearing the Deku Mask.
A sonata literally means a piece played, as opposed to a cantata, which is a piece sung.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||目覚めのソナタ (Mezame no Sonata)|
|FrenchCA||Sonate de l'eveil (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Sonate de l'Eveil|
|German||Sonate des Erwachens||Sonata of Awakening|
|Italian||Sonata del risveglio||Sonata of awakening|
|SpanishEU||Sonata del Despertar|
|SpanishLA||Sonata del despertar (MM3D)|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 96
- "This melody, which only the Deku Royal Family knows... It proves the foolish monkey deceived the princess so he could enter the temple!" — Deku King (Majora's Mask)
- "OK, now I'll teach you the melody that opens the temple. The princess taught it to me! We can't let them hear us, so I'll sing it softly..." — Monkey (Majora's Mask)
- "This melody awakens those who have fallen into a deep sleep!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)