Features and Overview
It is a mountainous region that composes all of the Peak Province, situated in the northwest portion of the Hyrule map. Snowpeak is home to the fifth dungeon of the game, Snowpeak Ruins, and it is mainly inhabited by Ice Keese and White Wolfos, along with two Yetis, Yeto and Yeta. The only entry to Snowpeak, other than warping, is through a small tunnel in Zora's Domain, located in the Lanayru Province. The highest point in Snowpeak is Snowpeak Top, wherein lies a tree with frozen leaves that helps Link race down the hill to Snowpeak Ruins.
After learning from the Sages that one of the shards of the Mirror of Twilight is located in Snowpeak, Link and Midna head off to the area to try and find some clues. However, the pair encounter Ashei near the entrance to Snowpeak, who tells them that a beast has been frequently seen in Zora's Domain stealing a rare fish known as the Reekfish, found only in the Zoras' home. Hoping that Link will found out more clues about the Snowpeak creature, Ashei hands over a sketch of the "beast" to Link. The young hero then heads off to the Kakariko Graveyard and shows Ralis Ashei's sketch, who immediately recognizes the creature as well as the Reekfish depicted in the drawing. The prince thus provides Link with the Coral Earring, which is a special lure necessary to catch the rare fish.
Catching a Reekfish allows Link to use his wolf olfactory senses to pick up the fish's smell, whose stench eventually leads him to Snowpeak Top where Yeto, the so-called Snowpeak beast, is found. Link tells Yeto of that he is searching for a fragment of the Mirror of Twilight, which prompts the Yeti to invite him to his mansion located at the bottom of Snowpeak, saying that he found a mirror piece earlier on. After snowboarding down the mountain using the frozen leaves of a nearby tree, Link enters the Snowpeak Ruins and ultimately recovers one of the Mirror Shards upon the defeat of Blizzeta.
From this point on, Link will be able to find Yeto and Yeta at Snowpeak Top, where they will offer to race the young hero down the mountain and reward him with a Piece of Heart if he bests both Yeti.
Also known in Japanese as 雪山 (Yukiyama), "snowy mountains". The name Snowpeak most likely refers to the highest peak, but the surrounding terrain is seen in-game as a range of snowy mountains.The Spanish name for Snowpeak, "Pico Nevado" shares its name with Snowhead from Majora's Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Pics Blancs||White Peaks|
|SpanishLA||Cima Nevada||Snowy Peak|
Snowpeak Top, the highest point in Snowpeak
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 278 (TP | TPHD)
- "Ashei mentioned Snowpeak Mountain and headed off..." — N/A (Twilight Princess HD)
- "She's up on Hyrule's northern mountain checking things out, and she's got good instincts, trust me." — Telma (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Only the true leader of the Twili can utterly destroy the Mirror of Twilight...so Zant could merely break it into pieces. Once broken by magic, the Mirror of Twilight became fragments, which even now lie hidden across the land of Hyrule. One is in the snowy mountain heights... One is in an ancient grove... And one is in the heavens..." — Sage (Twilight Princess)
- "Apparently, the beast that lives somewhere on this mountain has been seen frequently in Zora's Domain. I was curious, so I came and waited...and as they'd said, a giant appeared! Yeah, it looked like this... Apparently, this thing's been stealing red fish from the village." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "The sketch turned out pretty good, though, yeah? Tell you what... You can have it." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "Hmm... The beast-man of the snowy mountain...perhaps? But more important is this red fish it is holding... It must be a reekfish. That is a rare specimen found only in the Zora village." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "It feeds on a valuable type of coral, and without that bait, even our best fishers cannot catch one. Look closely, [Link]... My earring is made of this coral. I would like to give it to you. I received it from my mother... But it is fine. I no longer need it." — Prince Ralis (Twilight Princess)
- "...Uh. You look for mirror in such faraway place... But you make good climb! And you lucky to meet me! I found shiny mirror piece. Same mirror you look for, uh? Uh! You come to house and see yourself!" — Yeto (Twilight Princess)
- "You take this as token of respect for sled skills, uh! ...And no tell husband! You come back and race anytime, uh!" — Yeta (Twilight Princess)
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|