- This article is about Link's grandfather Smith. For the Bodyguard in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, see Smith.
|Smith (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|The finest swordsmith in Hyrule. As a|
young man, he was a great swordsman.
He and King Daltus are friends and
enjoyed a pleasant rivalry as youths.
Smith is Link's grandfather. He creates the Smith's Sword for the winner of the Sword-Fighting Tournament at the Picori Festival. He was once a great swordsman and now is a renowned blacksmith. He is close friends with King Daltus, and even fought with him to a draw in a previous Sword-Fighting Tournament. Throughout the game, Smith can be found in Link's House in South Hyrule Field making Swords, and only leaves the House to go to Hyrule Castle after Princess Zelda is turned to stone by Vaati. Here, Smith suggests that King Daltus send Link to seek out the Minish, and gives Link a Map of Hyrule to find his way to the Minish Woods.
Throughout the game, Link can return to his House and speak with Smith, who offers insight on where Link should go next on his journey. While attempting to cross Castor Wilds, he suggests visiting Rem's Shoe Store; after Link obtains the Ocarina of Wind, he suggests visiting the Royal Hyrule Library; after Link obtains the Water Element, he suggests going to the Royal Valley; after Link obtains a gold Kinstone Piece from the spirit of Gustaf in the Royal Crypt, he suggests going to Veil Falls.
When Link finds the Great Dragonfly Fairy, she asks him "Your grandfather's name is Smee, isn't it?" to see if Link will agree to a lie.
Link can Fuse Kinstone Pieces with Smith twice; the first time results in a Chest containing an Empty Bottle appearing in the Eastern Hills, and the second time results in a Chest containing a red Kinstone Piece appearing in Trilby Highlands.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 15
- "Master Smith is here as well. He's come to see His Majesty the king." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270
- "You got the Smith's Sword! It's a sharp blade made by your grandfather." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Then, with the broken Picori Blade and the Smith's Sword in hand, Link set off in search of their land." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 79)
- "This is the blade that will be presented to the winner of the competition. Don't lose it. And while the two of you may be childhood friends, remember...Zelda is the princess of Hyrule. You watch over her. Don't let anything bad happen to her." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "The finest swordsmith in Hyrule. As a young man, he was a great swordsman. He and King Daltus are friends and enjoyed a pleasant rivalry as youths." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "The king of Hyrule. Reported to have been a fine swordsman, he appeared in the Picori Festival tournament as a youth and fought to a draw with Smith." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "I'm busy making swords for the guards to keep the monsters at bay." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "I see... If that's the case, then why not send Link?" — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "Take this map with you. If you get lost on your way to the forest, simply check your map." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "Say, have you been to Rem's Shoe Shop? His shoes really are the best. I'm sure they could help you on your quest. Why don't you give him a visit?" — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "Say, have you been to the library yet? I've heard some kids say that they've seen Picori there... I thought maybe that would help you on this quest of yours." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "Say... Have you been to the Royal Valley, west of Hyrule Castle? You used to be able to get there easily from Trilby Highlands. Nowadays, however, you have to take a secret path to get there. I'm sure it was to the west of the northern part of Hyrule Field..." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "But say... Have you been to Veil Falls? I hear no one has ever found the source of water that feeds the falls." — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? OK! Let's do this!" — Smith (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Magazzini Salani) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Norma Editorial) pg. 270