Entrance to the Skyview Temple
To reach the Skyview Temple, Link must make his way through the Deep Woods area during his search for Zelda. After aiding Bucha, the Kikwi elder, in locating the missing Kikwi, he will give Link the Slingshot. Bucha will also tell Link that he saw a young girl that looked just like him heading towards Skyview Temple. He can use the Slingshot to open the path to Deep Woods, which leads to the Skyview Temple. However, the door leading inside the Dungeon is sealed shut. To open the door to the temple, Link must hit a Shock Switch above the entrance by using his Slingshot.
The Skyview Temple, true to its location, has a forest motif. It is a network of gloomy passages in which luminescent plants and fungi grow. Several parts of its internal architecture are in ruins, and the last room even houses a large chasm Link crosses with the help of Vines. Part of the temple is flooded with Water and can be used to Link's advantage. The Skyview Temple only has one floor, but it makes up for it with the huge size of its rooms, as well as the large variety of enemies that inhabit the temple. Contrary to the name, the Skyview Temple is dark and most of the time does not have a view of the sky.
The temple often requires Link to hit Shock Switches with the Slingshot to change the Water level; raising the Water levels will allow the hero to access new passageways, which lead deeper into the Dungeon. Later, after defeating a Stalfos Sub-Boss, Link will be rewarded with the Beetle, a mechanical insect-shaped tool he can pilot towards inaccessible spots, which allows him to hit certain Shock Switches he could not before, in turn allowing him to open doors that lead to new rooms or even collect a Piece of Heart. It also grants him the ability to cut certain ropes and webs around the Temple, creating paths and shortcuts, making crates fall to the ground, making Skulltulas directly vulnerable to terrestrial attacks, and defeating Deku Babas by cutting their stems.
The Boss of the Skyview Temple is Ghirahim, who is defeated by avoiding striking his guard with Link's sword, or by countering one of his attacks. Upon learning that Zelda's presence from the temple has faded, Ghirahim teleports away, leaving behind a Heart Container for Link to collect.
Upon exiting the temple, Link comes across the scenic Skyview Spring. Link intends to find Zelda at the spring, but his fight with Ghirahim prevents that. At the end of the spring, Link finds a Goddess Crest, which he activates to recieve a message from Hylia. Fi translates that Zelda has set off for a second sacred place similar to Skyview Spring, known as the Earth Spring. After the translation is complete, Link receives the Ruby Tablet which creates a rift in the clouds leading to Eldin Volcano.
Uniquely among the Dungeons in Skyward Sword, the Skyview Temple must be returned to at least once. Upon meeting Faron, the Water Dragon, she informs Link that she has been gravely injured while defending Lake Floria from Ghirahim's minions. She asks the young hero to retrieve more Sacred Water from Skyview Temple's Skyview Spring because her water has lost its special healing, and says that she will reveal the location of Farore's Sacred Flame to the hero in return. Although it is not necessary to visit every part of the Skyview Temple again, the route to the Skyview Spring is not completely straight and uninterrupted, as some pathways have been blocked off, necessitating new solutions to previous puzzles. Additionally, new and stronger enemies appear to have infested the temple, including Froaks and many Bokoblin Archer. Upon reaching the room where Link fought Ghirahim the first time around, he must now take on a trio of Stalfos. After retrieving the Sacred Water and giving it to Faron, she becomes healed and in turn, she grants Link access to the Ancient Cistern.
- There are two small keys.
- If Link does not take the Heart Container after defeating Ghirahim in the first visit, it will reappear after the fight against the Stalfos on the second visit.
- After the Sub-Boss battle, the arena will contain a Stalfos and Skulltula which can be defeated to reveal a Treasure Chest.[clarification needed]
- The background music changes as Link progresses further into the Skyview Temple.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Dutch||Tempel der Bezinning (SSHD)||Temple of Reflection|
|German||Tempel des Himmelsblicks (SS)||Temple of the Sky View|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 43
- "Skyview Temple" — Dungeon Map (Skyward Sword HD)
- "That young girl...Zelda-was that her name? Yes...it's all coming back to me. She said she had to travel to the temple deep within these woods, kweee... Oho! I tried to warn her about how dangerous it was there, but the clever little thing vaulted off my belly and ran off on her own just the same. I think she headed down that way toward the temple, kwee...but be sure to take great care if you follow her. That area is crawling with monsters." — Bucha (Skyward Sword HD)
- "He who descended from above: look to the star that the bird rising heavenward gazes upon, and aim your shot there." — Stone Tablet (Skyward Sword HD)
- "I fear I spent far too long teasing and toying with you. The girl's presence has all but faded from this place, which means there's no reason to linger here. Good-bye, sky child. Run and play this time. Get in my way again, though, and you're dead." — Ghirahim (Skyward Sword HD)
- "Master, as I just translated, it would appear that Zelda purified herself in the waters of this spring. I calculate a 97% chance that she has already set out for Eldin, where another great spring exists. However, it is not clear what method of travel Zelda used to move from here to her next destination." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "From the edge of time I guide you, the one chosen to carry out the goddess's mission. The spirit maiden who descended from the clouds must travel to two sacred places to purify her body. You stand in one of these places: Skyview Spring. The other is known as the Earth Spring. This second spring is hidden away deep within the scorched earth of Eldin. The spirit maiden, ever mindful of the heavy task entrusted to her, has set out for this second sacred place." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The wounds he's given me are stubborn things. I have been forced to recuperate in this basin of sacred water. Unfortunately, the healing properties of the sacred water have diminished, and I am now in need of another dose to freshen up my healing bath. Bring me the container of fresh sacred water that I require. Do me this favor, and I'll gladly show you where to find the sacred flame you desire." — Faron (Skyward Sword HD)
- "I am detecting a greater enemy presence in the vicinity than I previously observed. You would be wise to proceed with caution." — Fi (Skyward Sword HD)
- "Tempel der Bezinning" — Dungeon Map (Skyward Sword HD)
|Hyrule in Skyward Sword|
|Click on a location|