Overhead view of a Sheikah Tower
- 1 Features and Overview
- 2 Locations
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Features and Overview
Breath of the Wild
Sheikah Towers are tall, ancient structures that are found scattered across Hyrule Kingdom. They were built to detect signs of Calamity Ganon's revival, and emerge from the ground when fed Ancient Energy. When activated, these Towers glow with a bright blue and their pronged tips will split open like a satellite. After being awakened from his deep sleep at the Shrine of Resurrection, Link is soon guided by a disembodied voice to a Sheikah Slate Terminal at a monument in the northeast of the Great Plateau. Upon placing the Sheikah Slate into the Sheikah Slate Terminal, all of the Sheikah Towers rise from the ground all over Hyrule Kingdom and await activation. The Great Plateau Tower rises where Link is standing. Upon activating the Great Plateau Tower, all of the Ancient Shrines also begin to glow orange and await activation.
Sheikah Towers may be climbed by gradually scaling their wicker walls with platforms provided in-between elevations so that Link may rest. Sheikah Towers often have obstacles that prevent Link from climbing them directly, such as Malice, spiked vines or various enemies. These can be scaled by using Revali's Gale. At the top of every Sheikah Tower is a Sheikah Slate Terminal where Link can install data onto his Sheikah Slate, which gives him a detailed Map of the surrounding area.
Great Plateau Tower
- Main article: Great Plateau Tower
The Great Plateau Tower is situated in the northeastern region of the Great Plateau. Initially, it is buried beneath the surface of the Great Plateau, requiring Link to use his Sheikah Slate to reactivate it. Upon reactivation, it causes a chain reaction across Hyrule Kingdom, raising Sheikah Towers across all of Hyrule Kingdom and activating all the Ancient Shrines in Hyrule Kingdom.
Out of all of the Sheikah Towers, it is the only one that doesn't have any major obstacles in the way of ascending it. It is also in direct view of Hyrule Castle being one of the closest Towers to the Castle.
- Main article: Central Tower
The Central Tower is found in Hyrule Field in Central Hyrule. The Central Tower is southwest of Hyrule Castle near Mount Daphnes. Approaching the Tower from the east through the Hyrule Garrison Ruins requires avoiding or defeating two Guardian Stalkers while the base of the Tower is surrounded by three Decayed Guardians. Scaling the Tower involves jumping from platform to platform to avoid the Decayed Guardians below if he has not defeated them.
- Main article: Ridgeland Tower
The Ridgeland Tower sits in a lake filled with Electric Lizalfos and Electric Wizzrobes. Scaling the Tower requires Link to either avoid the enemies below, lest he fall off the Tower, or to defeat them before he ascends.
Atop the Tower sits Branli, a Hylian researcher who studies the Rito. He was standing in the middle of the lake as Link activated the Great Plateau Tower and got stuck on the Ridgeland Tower. For 20 Rupees, he will let Link play a mini-game where he jumps off the Ridgeland Tower to glide out as far as he can with his Paraglider. If he makes it far enough, Branli will reward Link with a Silver Rupee.
- Main article: Woodland Tower
The Woodland Tower is found in the Great Hyrule Forest in the Eldin Region. It is north of the Military Training Camp and south of the Lost Woods. The Tower has a large stone skull on top of it covering a large portion of its view.
- Main article: Hebra Tower
- Main article: Tabantha Tower
- Main article: Gerudo Tower
The Gerudo Tower is found in the Gerudo Highlands in the Gerudo Region. The Tower is west of Birida Lookout and is the tallest Sheikah Tower in Hyrule Kingdom. In order to climb the Tower, Link must glide to the Tower from Birida Lookout nearby. Kass can be found at the top of the Gerudo Tower.
- Main article: Wasteland Tower
- Main article: Faron Tower
- Main article: Lake Tower
Dueling Peaks Tower
- Main article: Dueling Peaks Tower
- Main article: Hateno Tower
- Main article: Lanayru Tower
- Main article: Akkala Tower
- Main article: Eldin Tower
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
In Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, the first Sheikah Tower appears in the Scenario, "The Battle of Hyrule Field," where the Sheikah Slate activated the dormant diminutive Guardian, and the diminutive Guardian activating the Sheikah Tower in the middle of Hyrule Field.
In the Scenario, "Destroy the Yiga Clan!", Purah and Robbie find out how to unlock all of the Sheikah Towers around Hyrule. This allowed the Hyruleans to have full knowledge of their land, as well as where monster outposts are, and where the Yiga Clan Hideout is.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シーカータワー (Shīkā Tawā)||Seeker Tower|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Sheikah Tower activated." — Sheikah Slate Terminal (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion pg. 405
- "This tower and several others just like it have erupted across the land, one after another. It is almost as though...a long-dormant power has awoken quite suddenly." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "See that glowing structure there? That light appeared at the exact moment those towers rose from the ground." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm not talking about mushrooms here! I'm talking about those towers! They seem to have popped up all over the place! And that's not the only strange thing that's happened. Those long-deserted shrines suddenly started glowing!" — Brigo (Breath of the Wild)
- "My my... It would seem that we have quite the enigma here. This tower and several just like it have erupted across the land, one after another. Very interesting... It appears that some long-dormant power has awoken quite suddenly. Did anything...odd happen to you while you were on top of that tower?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was standing on the ground watching the skies, when suddenly this tower erupted beneath my feet!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)