|Sheh Rata Shrine|
Entrance to the Shrine
The Sheh Rata Shrine is located on a small island in Hylia River in the Lanayru Wetlands, east of Crenel Peak. On the island, a small hill rises up with the Sheh Rata Shrine on top. The hill is covered in thorned branches and they must be either jumped over or burned to access the Sheh Rata Shrine. Upon entering the Sheh Rata Shrine, the Monk, Sheh Rata, greets Link and offers him a challenge.
Inside, the Sheh Rata Shrine contains one large room with several levels. The entrance of the shrine slopes down to the lowest floor which contains a shallow level of Water that is enough to use Cryonis on. The shallow Water is the only thing on this lower level.
To the left of the entrance, Link can spin a big crank in the floor that causes a laser on a platform high above the Water to rotate counterclockwise around another platform. The laser will automatically rotate one full evolution even if the crank is turned slightly.
Every time the crank is turned, the laser will spin and hit a Shock Switch, causing two pumps to turn on or off. When on, the Water on the lower level will fill to the middle level, and when off, the Water will drain back to the shallow level from the start. With the Water level raised, Link can access the raised doorway at the back of the chamber, leading to another gate that the Monk hides behind, and to the left a pool of Water with a submerged Floor Switch that opens the gate.
The Floor Switch can be pressed down with a nearby metal Barrel, but if the Water level is raised, then the Barrel will float. The Shock Switch must be turned off while he is on the other side to be able to press down the Floor Switch by moving the laser and quickly running to the doorway before it hits the Shock Switch.
Directly to the right of the entrance, a Treasure Chest sits on a lower ledge. Link can either drop down from above or use Cryonis from below to reach the Treasure Chest. This Treasure Chest contains an Opal.
A second Treasure Chest can be found to the right of Sheh Rata. In order to reach it, Link must first raise the Water level and use Cryonis to reach the Shock Switch. Placing a Remote Bomb next to the Shock Switch, he must then use the laser to reach the end of the trial with the Floor Switch pressed down, and then detonate the Remote Bomb to raise the Water level. This allows Link to use Cryonis on the Water and reach the Treasure Chest, which contains a Giant Boomerang.
- A different way to reach the end of the Sheh Rata Shrine is the raise the Water and travel to the end of the gate blocking Sheh Rata, then using Cryonis to climb up and shoot the Shock Switch with an Arrow from afar while quickly jumping back into the doorway, allowing for Link to be past the doorway with the Water lowered. This also makes getting the second Treasure Chest easier if Link has placed a Remote Bomb near the Shock Switch.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Santuario de Semat||Semat Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Sheh Rata Shrine
Speed of Light" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Sheh Rata. In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial..." — Sheh Rata (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your resourcefulness in overcoming this trial speaks to the promise of a hero... In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Sheh Rata (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Sheh Rata (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Semat" — Map (Breath of the Wild)