Shaboms are bubble-like enemies that bounce around aimlessly Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly. If Shaboms come into contact with Link, they will explode, damaging him in the process. They can be killed immediately with Deku Nuts and the Boomerang. The Kokiri Sword is also effective at defeating them, though the resulting explosion may damage Link due to the Sword's short range. When thrown, Princess Ruto is also capable of popping Shaboms. The Deku Nuts are the strongest option, being capable of popping several Shaboms at once.
Shaboms cannot be damaged by rocks jettisoned from Octoroks.
- In the Prima Games guide, Shabom is misspelled as Shaboom.
- Navi's comment about Shaboms bouncing off Link's blade is inaccurate. They do not do that, instead simply exploding and damaging Link when slashed. In the GameCube releases, the description has been made more accurate. The hint was later completely changed in the 3DS version, which simply warns Link not to touch it.
- In all versions of Ocarina of Time prior to Ocarina of Time 3D, Shaboms can be defeated with a roll attack. In Ocarina of Time 3D, they simply explode.
Shaboms derive their name from a portmanteau of シャボン (Shabon) and ボム (Bomu), indicating their explosive nature.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シャボム (Shabomu) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 202
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 144