The Seven Sages are a group from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. They are the descendants of the previous Seven Sages, and are captured and transformed into paintings by Yuga in his attempts to obtain Hyrule's Triforce.
The first stage of Yuga's plan is to use the paintings of the sages and Princess Zelda to revive Ganon, who still holds the Triforce of Power. Yuga fuses with Ganon so that he may hold the Triforce of Power himself. During all of this, the sages' paintings are scattered across Lorule's dungeons. Link braves these dungeons to rescue the sages and restore them to their true forms, so that they may grant him the Triforce of Courage; however, this is actually the second stage of Yuga's and Princess Hilda's plan. By receiving the Triforce of Courage, Link gives them a chance to possess Hyrule's Triforce for themselves, as Hilda has absorbed the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda's portrait. After Yuga betrays Princess Hilda and takes the Triforce of Wisdom from her, Link must do battle with him once more.
As part of the A Link Between Worlds DLC, the seven sages appear trapped inside painting Portraits in Yuga's Victory cutscene.
Also in Hyrule Warriors Legends, there are several recolors based on the Seven Sages.:
- Seres - Agitha's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Rosso - Darunia's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Irene - Fi's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Osfala - Ghirahim's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Impa - Impa's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Queen Oren - Ruto's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"
- Gulley - Young Link's "Standard Outfit (Lorule)"