Satchel wonders about King Daltus and his search for the Light Force, though this quickly turns to criticism of the King Daltus's greed as the game progresses. After Link completes the Temple of Droplets, he explains how to navigate the Royal Valley using its Signs. When Link has obtained the Wind Element, and after Vaati transforms Hyrule Castle into Dark Hyrule Castle, Satchel notices the difference, though he does not want to scare the children.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271(TMC)
- "Hey, what do you know about that light force stuff? People are saying it's some kind of treasure that can grant you any wish. Anyway, now the king's in a big huff trying to find it. It's strange, though. He never struck me as the greedy type before. It's almost like he's a different person now..." — Satchel (The Minish Cap)
- "The king is just terrible lately! Things are going crazy around here! Would you believe a guard came into my house the other day? It’s true! And get this! He demanded that I give him some kind of "force"!" — Satchel (The Minish Cap)
- "Normal people can't enter the Royal Valley. There's a cryptic forest that leads into it, and people get lost there. The secret to finding your way through is reading all the signs! You'll never make it unless you read each one carefully." — Satchel (The Minish Cap)
- "I can't say this in front of the kids... I don't want to alarm them, you know? But...Hyrule Castle has been looking pretty weird lately. I can't say exactly what it is, though. It's just...different. Strange." — Satchel (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? Sure! Let's see how well they fit!" — Satchel (The Minish Cap)