Location and Uses
The Wind Waker
The Sail can be purchased from Zunari on Windfall Island for 80 Rupees. It allows Link to catch prevailing winds to sail from island to island. It can only be used while onboard the King of Red Lions. If the Sail is used in an area with no wind, it will have no effect on the King of Red Lions. In The Wind Waker HD, the Sail is a quest item instead of a regular item, eliminating the need to assign it to a button to deploy it.
In The Wind Waker HD, the Sail can be upgraded to the Swift Sail, which enables the King of Red Lions to sail faster. It also automatically changes the direction of the wind to whichever the boat is facing. This eliminates the need to conduct the "Wind's Requiem" when sailing. The Swift Sail is activated by pressing the A Button while the normal Sail is deployed, and can be changed back to the normal Sail by pressing A again.
The default Sail is the Windfall Sail. The second form of the Sail is the Swift Sail, followed by the Sail of Red Lions.
In Hyrule Warriors Legends only, the fourth form of the Sail is the Supercharged Sail, which is associated with both the Elements of Water and Lightning.
|Weapon||Number of Stars|
Sail of Red Lions
|Lv.4 (HWL | HWDE)||
Sail of Red Lions +
|Lv.4+ (HWL | HWDE)||
|Y Y Y Y Y Y|
|Y Y Y Y X|
|Y Y Y Y Y Y Y|
|Y Y Y Y Y X|
- Main article: Special Attack
King Daphnes summons a huge tidal wave beneath him, gaining altitude with it. Once it gains enough altitude, he transforms into the King of Red Lions and pushes the wave forward, smashing enemies in front of him caught by the water. This attack hits enemies in a rectangular pattern in front of Kind Daphnes.
- According to Eiji Aonuma, the Swift Sail was added to the game thanks to the superior processing power of the Wii U, which can load the entire Great Sea at once.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||船の帆 (Fune no Ho)|
|FrenchEU||Voile de bateau|
- HWL Sail of Red Lion Artwork.png
Artwork of the Sail of Red Lion from Hyrule Warriors Legends
|Sail gameplay from Hyrule Warriors Legends|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 137 (TWW)
- "You got the Swift Sail! Thanks to expert sail-making craftsmanship, your ship can now sail faster than ever! And what's better, whenever you use it, a favorable wind always will be at your back. No need to manually change wind direction! Voyaging has never been more efficient!" — N/A (The Wind Waker HD)
- Nintendo, Wii U Developer Direct - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD @E3 2013, YouTube, published June 11, 2013, retrieved January 28, 2016.