A Link to the Past
Sahasrahla's Wife resides in Sahasrahla's House. When Link heads out to Kakariko Village in search for Sahasrahla, he instead finds her there. She informs Link that Sahasrahla is not home, and has not been seen ever since Agahnim began kidnapping the Maidens. She tells Link about the Hylia and the treasures they hid throughout Hyrule, including the Master Sword. She also tells Link to search around the Village for someone who will know more about Sahasrahla's whereabouts. Later on, she compliments Link on his appearance and requests him to save Hyrule from Agahnim.
Ancient Stone Tablets
A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)
In the A Link to the Past comic by Shotaro Ishinomori, Sahasrahla's Wife is left under the care of Sahasrahla's Grandson since the old man has departed for the Eastern Palace. He meets her when first visiting the village and learns about his depart from the town. When Link tells her that he is looking for the Master Sword, the old woman tells him the legend of the sacred blade, of its creation, and its location.
When Link is about to head to the Desert of Mystery, Link returns to Sahasrahla's House where his Wife warns Link that traveling through the desert will not be easy since the "fierce winds and shifting sand" have bested even the most capable adventurers, which leads Link to use a glider found by Sahasrahla's Grandson instead. Sahasrahla's Wife is last seen in Chapter five, where she helps build a giant air balloon for Link so that he will be able to land atop Hyrule Castle and confront Agahnim.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Sahasrahla's Wife, as seen in Ancient Stone Tablets
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 228 (ALttP)
- "Married" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 228(ALttP))
- "What? Master Sword? Well, I don't remember the details exactly, but... Long ago, a prosperous people known as the Hylia inhabited this land... Legends tell of many treasures that the Hylia hid throughout the land... The Master Sword, a mighty blade forged against those with evil hearts, is one of them. People say that it now is sleeping deep in the forest..." — Old Woman (A Link to the Past)
- "Well, young man, when the maidens began to disappear, the rumors began to fly. When Sahasrahla heard that the wizard might be responsible, he said, 'so it has begun...' and disappeared himself! [...] I'm sorry, but you know wise men like him... They often wander off without notice, in search of enlightenment. If you ask in the village, someone may know where he is... If I may ask, why are you looking for him?" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 5)
- "Master Sword?! I've heard of that legend... The ancient scrolls tell of a prosperous people who once inhabited this land... They created many powerful weapons and hid them throughout Hyrule. The Master Sword was their ultimate treasure... Its blade was specially tempered to resist evil power, or so I've heard... Now, it is sleeping deep in the forest known as the Lost Woods!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "I should warn you that traveling in the desert is no simple matter! The fierce winds and shifting sands have buried more able adventurers than you!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 7)